[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the vastly inferior series and 'mons get a whole board

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: matt.png (182KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
matt.png
182KB, 500x376px
>thousands of great games(90% are basically the same game)
>10 movies every year
>ongoing anime
>relevant TCG
>tons and tons of merch
>gigantic fanbase worldwide
>constantly advertised
>best mons can barely hold a thread bumped at the height of the series revival
GOD THIS ISN'T FAIR THIS ISN'T FUCKING FAIR
FUCK THIS KIDDIE, SHALLOW REPETITIVE GARBAGE
>>
>>32838252
On the other hand, Cyber Sleuth is fucking amazing and I can't imagine its sequel being worse, so Digimon has that going for it.

I just wish people weren't so autistic about the mon suffix, when I grew up everyone liked both, so seeing autism wars about it when we finally got internet surprised and confused me.
>>
File: shut-up.png (439KB, 633x719px) Image search: [Google]
shut-up.png
439KB, 633x719px
>>32838252
then get the fuck off my board
>>
>>32838268
>ps4
>vita
>shitty p2w mmo
I can't even play the fucking games I want.
>>
>>32838252
We weren't given a board just as an act of kindness. We were given a board to drain the autism of the pokemon community out of /v/. Digimon has no such problem.
>>
File: 1494529104699.jpg (33KB, 270x278px) Image search: [Google]
1494529104699.jpg
33KB, 270x278px
>>32838252
Stay mad
>>
>matt

lmao
>>
>>32838278
Cyber Sleuth works with a Vita TV, and those are probably like $50 used by now.

Mainly got a Vita for Hearts R and Golden, but if all you want is Digimon the TV route isn't a bad choice.
>>
>>32838268
i haven't tried Cyber sleuth yet
i am stuck in Next order
>>
>>32838968
That's the raising game, right?

I prefer the RPG entries myself, especially Dawn/Dusk, and what little I could play of Lost Evolution without a translation, but I do hear the raising games are fun for those who enjoy that sort of thing, so that's worth noting too.
>>
>>32839030
if you wanna try it then get a PS1 emulator and a rom of digimon world 1, that's what next order is base off.
>>
Literally no one in the West cares about Digimon in 2017.

You can cry and say "it's not fair!," all day long, but that's the truth. The series is still less popular than the decaying corpse of YW in Japan.
>>
>>32838252
Charizard and Pikachu could probably pay all the Digimon to commit self inflicting suicide.
>>
>>32838252

Digimon has more anime series than Pokemon does

Digimon has 8 compared to Pokemon's 6
>>
>>32838252
There is a cartoon that also has its own board, its not something to be proud.
>>
>>32838252
>digimon
>not kiddy shit
This is bait right
>>
>>32839096
Pokemon is actually considered to be at around season 20, as its not split by generation.
>>
>>32839115
I'm not entirely sure you could look at more then half of the Mega or Ultra designs and say these are kiddie designs.

With that said, there's nothing wrong with designs that are child friendly.
>>
>>32839115
No no, anon, you're getting it wrong, Pokemon is kiddy shit, Digimon is Deviantart shit
>>
File: Anime series.png (147KB, 901x767px) Image search: [Google]
Anime series.png
147KB, 901x767px
>>32839119

Only in the west is the Pokemon anime split into seasons; in Japan each generation is considered to be its own series, so we have:

>Original series (Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto)
>Advanced Generation series (Hoenn, Battle Frontier)
>Diamond & Pearl series (Sinnoh)
>Best Wishes series (Unova, Decolore Islands)
>XY series (Kalos)
>Sun & Moon series (Alola)
>>
>>32839030
This game is not like Pokemon and i am struggling a lot with it because fucking raising them and taking their fucking shit. i both hate and love this game
>>
The only thing in which Digimon surpasses Pokemon is in anime, and that's not an accomplishment: tomorrow I could make a puppet show with turds and it would be still better than the Pokemon anime.
Everything else, Pokemon wins.
>>
>>32839200
I have to disagree, Cyber Sleuth shit all over gen 6, which was the closest equivalent at the time.

We'll see how its sequel holds up to gen 7
>>
>>32839200
Do it. You won't. No balls.
>>
>>32838252
Why don't you take this to your own board th.... oh right
>>
>>32838281
We're basically a pokemon version /mlp/, there's really nothing to be proud of.

At least in digimon we still have humanmons that are legit fuckable.
>>
>>32838252
-awful monster design
-shit anime, the last decent was Savers, fuck im enjoying more Pokemon SM than applimon.
-edgy and a tendency for center its products on teens instead of centered in a more universal target
-shit games, cyber sleuth was pretty well made
aside from the nule difficulty (at the level of gen 6) and the story, heck Sm has more likeable characters than this thing
-lack of capacity to generate memes.
>>
>>32839319
Shits all over it in what? Graphics and story? Yeah.
>>
>>32838281
This. We're a containment board. If you want your own, just be more autistic than us :^)
>>
>>32839139
>I'm not entirely sure you could look at more then half of the Mega or Ultra designs and say these are kiddie designs.
are at the same level of the pokedex entries, cool and edgy. The digimon designs are in general more kiddie, but muh they have knifes and guns etc... fuck off, mature please. Look for example to the Evas and angels from evangelion they have a brivant color pallete because they arent trying that hard and is a seinen.
>>
>>32842004
Does that mean we're as autistic as horsefuckers?
>>
>>32838252
I don't know why but in my high school times i loved things like digimon or yu gi oh, now, being an adult, i fucking love Pokémom.
>>
>>32839079
>YW
>Decaying corpse

Am laffin
>>
>>32842258
YW is reclining. Last saturday i was watching tv with my 8 year old cousin when it came on and he just went "ew this is not pokemon", then he switched channels
>>
>>32842037
Look at this board and you'll see the answer
>>
>>32838252
Fellow Digimon fan here. OP, you're full of shit.
Digimon has a lot of great things about it, but the reason it failed where Pokemon succeeded is because Digimon never really capitalized on the things that made it legitimately great. Also, all of the games have not only been primarily on home consoles instead of portable, but also have been lackluster. And instead of trying to improve, Bandai just sort of shrugged its shoulders and moved on to their next project, sort of like how Bandai America abandoned Tamagotchi.

Meanwhile, Pokemon started off as a handheld, and then did everything it could to encourage players to communicate with each other. That forced communities revolving around the series to be born, and in turn created longevity for the franchise because now people were invested.

Basically if Bandai had actually tried with Digimon, it could've gone toe-to-toe with Pokemon. Instead we have Bandai-Namco toiling away at making Pokken for Nintendo with no Digimon/Pokemon crossover in sight, and Digimon just sorta hanging around on the backburner.
>>
>>32842431
I still argue that their RPG games are pretty good, but at the same time they're basically just SMT but with digimon instead of mythological figures.
>>
What bothers me the most about Digimon is the lack of continuity. 'mons appearing in X or Y game but not Z, mechanically very different games that are supposed to be all mainline..
>>
>>32842459
The most similar to SMT is Cyber Sleuth i think, and fuck, this game lacks strategy, even Yokai Watch has more.
>>
>>32838293
I got a PSTV off Amazon new for 50 bucks, though I suggest grabbing a PS Vita memory card to go along with it.

PS Vita is really great though, I love mine. I'm still getting games for it, and it will be a lovely collector's piece in years to come. Speaking of which I should probably grab another to sell one day...
>>
>>32842480
Yeah. In that regard, it feels like the Sonic to Pokemon's Mario; despite having a core that people seem to like and are drawn to, it keeps changing itself and becomes an inconsistent mess.
>>
>>32839141
But Digimon was around before Deviantard, dear.
>>
>>32838252
We were give a choice by moot back in the day. We could have become /mon/ but shitposters from /v/ bayed for tge place to be shut down so moot just ignored everything and just added mods.
>>
>>32838252
>>thousands of great games(90% are basically the same game)
>>10 movies every year
I don't know how to tell you this bro, but the modern games barely have any effort. And all modern movies are box office failures. Digimon's arguably the better franchise at this point.
>>
>>32842603
>And all modern movies are box office failures
Yo seems lost too my man. They do not make as much money as the previous ones but they are still blockbusters.
>>
>>32838252
word
>>
>>32838252
Fuck off to /a/ with your shitty, authorless inferior ripoff that only existed because Sony wanted to follow the pokemon's sucess, fag.
>>
>>32842569
What?
>>
File: 1482774175407.jpg (35KB, 475x546px) Image search: [Google]
1482774175407.jpg
35KB, 475x546px
>>32838252
Based Pokemon working the Digimarks into a shoot.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.