[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"signature move" Reminder that this is 100% fan-made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: Dark Void.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Void.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
>"signature move"

Reminder that this is 100% fan-made terminology created by fags at Bulbapedia and adopted by sheep because they call themselves a wiki.

It doesn't make sense and you should stop using it. Bulbapedia's criteria for a "signature move" would be more fittingly called a "unique attack" since they've decided that a signature move is something that only a single Pokémon can learn.

But they're wrong. Just because Entei can learn Sacred Fire now, doesn't mean it's not Ho-Oh's signature move anymore. Just because a hundred other Pokémon can learn Flamethrower, doesn't mean Flamethrower can't be Charizard's signature move (which it is). Signature move just means that it's iconic for the Pokémon to be seen using that move, not that it has to be unique to it.
>>
Autism
>>
File: meta.png (212KB, 508x428px) Image search: [Google]
meta.png
212KB, 508x428px
>>32838006
ok, who cares
>>
>>32838006
Don't be retarded, anon.
>>
File: 52BR1ro.jpg (174KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
52BR1ro.jpg
174KB, 600x600px
>tfw only Pokemon with true signature move
>>
>>32838006
Bulbapedo makes shit up all the time. "genderless" is a notable one. They also completely pulled the names of the egg groups out of their ass.
>>
File: Misty's_Gyarados_Hyper_Beam.png (1MB, 1174x881px) Image search: [Google]
Misty's_Gyarados_Hyper_Beam.png
1MB, 1174x881px
Hyper Beam is a signature move of Gyarados
>>
>>32838006
Retard alert class. Retard alert.
>>
>>32838052
>They also completely pulled the names of the egg groups out of their ass.
I don't suppose you can back up that claim
>>
>>32838052
Got a citation for that last one, anon?
>>
>>32838052
>Egg Groups are not displayed in any core series game; however, they have been canonically mentioned in Pokémon Stadium 2 as a part of Earl Dervish's Pokémon Academy's extensive data banks, in Pokédex 3D, and in various strategy guides.
>>
>>32838052
Egg group names are official anon.
>>
>>32838006
thanks for reminding me that Darkrai is even shittier than it was before without Dark Void OP you balls licker
VGC was a mistake
>>
>>32838006
Agreed.

Same thing goes for Psuedos, kinda. It's like half a fan term, half an actual intended game mechanic. Its an intended mechanic to have a slow levelling, end-game, strong pokemon, but Bulbapedia has this ridiculously strict criteria for it (thats actually changed often.). Honestly, preeeetty god damn sure Volcarona's supposed to be a Psuedo, at least from GF's intended perspective.
>>
>>32838052
>They also completely pulled the names of the egg groups out of their ass

underaged confirmed.
>>
>>32838006
>Just because a hundred other Pokémon can learn Flamethrower, doesn't mean Flamethrower can't be Charizard's signature move (which it is)

Source?
>>
File: Shadow_Ball_SSB4.jpg (450KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_Ball_SSB4.jpg
450KB, 1280x720px
Shadow Ball is a signature move of Mewtwo thanks to the first movie and Smash Bros.
>>
>>32838052
if they did that then serebii did too. not willing to badmouth your boyfriend though are you?
>>
>>32838045
>the first pokemon to say "niggers"
>>
>>32838121
>being a 3 stage 600 bst mon is a ridiculously strict criteria
>>
>>32838006
I actually agree.
>>
>>32838288
To be fair, I have to agree that things like Volcarona, Haxorus, and Aegislash seem like they were intended to fill the same designed roll that Pseudos do, and are only not counted as such due to those criteria.
>>
>>32838313
if you think volcarona and haxorus are ones, then why not arcanine, florges and togekiss? do you think they should be called a pseudo? they have similar stats totals to volcarona and haxorus. and aegislash evolves by stone which you mention too, so don't use them evolving by stone as an excuse.
>>
>>32838341
Because togekiss was added later silly
>>
>>32838006
Shiny was a fan term but GF adopted it later on
>>
>>32838006
I thought you would disagree with the concept of "signature move" and call them unnecessary. Instead you somehow manage to come up with an even worse definition for it. Call them "unique moves" if it makes your autism better.

Your definition is unnecessary.
>>
>>32838288
It wasn't originally just that, though. It used to be a Stage 3 pokemon, be dual typed, have certain exp yeilds, be only at the end of the dex, etc.. They changed criteria as time went on and things defied it.
>>
>>32838471
heck even the term Legendary originated with the fandom, not GF

As it stands, many of the terms invented by the fandom serve a good purpose and signature move is similar in this. It's easy to understand and has been ingrained into the fandom for several years, at this point a wiki not using it would be irresponsible and trying to change the term is completely impossible.

Even if another term may technically be more correct, it's to late to change it.
>>
>>32838006
At first I thought you were retarded, but I read your whole post and you are totally right. However I don't think I can unlearn it that easily.
>>
>>32838006

Let's all agree that it would be best if more pokemon did have TRUE signature moves and it sucks that gamefreak hands them out like candy to every other pokemon the very next gen
>>
>>32838648
true enough, but at this point it's safe to say certain traditions will not be defied
the 600 base stat is an obvious one, so is the 3 stage requirement and course the general design of the pseudo's to be intended as high effort - high reward pokemon that require a long time to raise, often in fairly weak pre-evolutions that level significantly slower than other pokemon with equivalent stats

in this regard it's also very much a useful term
>>
>>32838693
at this point, is it honestly worth it to try and change the term
it's descriptive enough, and most people interpret it as "move with extremely limited distribution which is thematically linked to the pokemon that learn it" which is still a useful term

the risk of trying to change the term is a partial success resulting in the "competing standards" problem
>>
>Autism Attack (Japanese:オーチズマド Autisma) is a non-damaging Fairy-type move introduced in Generation VII. It is the signature move of OP. It can be upgraded to the special Z-Move Spectrum Supremus by OP holding Faggotium Z.
>>
>>32838006
>Signature move just means that it's iconic for the Pokémon to be seen using that move, not that it has to be unique to it.
Why not use "iconic move" for a move that fits well with a pokémon using it even if more can learn it, and "signature move" for a move that literally just a single mon can learn?
Then again, the only real signature moves are sketch and chatter, so who cares.

You know what I'd like? for moves that gamefreak really views as signature of one of their pokemon, to get the hyperspace fury/dark void treatment. On gens VI and VII, these moves have been coded to only work when used specifically by Hoopa-U and Darkrai respectively, and fail when used by everything else, including Smeargle. They can be learned by others, sure, but only the pokemon with the potential to execute it can use it. THAT's what a signature move should be in my opinion. I can see a consequence of this would be event mons losing the value of their event moves, but that aside I'd like to see it applied and what other consequences it would have.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.