[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>exactly one ghost line in gen 1 >the one ghost line has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0408.gif (127KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0408.gif
127KB, 500x500px
>exactly one ghost line in gen 1
>the one ghost line has a high special stat and low attack stat
>ghost is immune to fighting and normal because ghosts can't be physically touched
>make ghost physical

>exactly one dragon line in gen 1
>the one fully evolved dragon type pokémon in gen 1 has 134 base attack and 100 base special
>make dragon special

is gamefreak the king of making stupid, terrible, awful decisions? they could've make ghost special and dragon physical if they wanted to
maintain the ratio of physical/special types.
>>
>>32837837
You forgot
>make only one dragon type attack
>It's a set 40 damage attack
>>
>>32837837
Go read about the history of the game's development, it's a miracle it was ever finished and released at all. 1995 gf sincerely apologizes that their games didn't satisfy your intense autistic needs. Please understand.
>>
>special/physical split happens
>special dark type now almost exclusively physical moves
>physical ghost type dominantly special now
>poison moves are almost all special
>dragon moves are dominantly physical
>>
File: 1497835282960.png (321KB, 800x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1497835282960.png
321KB, 800x1080px
It's Physical because the only move at the time that wasn't Confuse Ray or Night Shade was Lick

>Decide a new EV+IV system and abilities were more important to implement than the Physical Special split
Gen III really had no excuse. Gen I were made by dumb hacks and Gen II was held back by Gen I's shit engine
>>
>>32837837
i really don't think they plan much out for the games they just kind of add shit here and there as they go
>>
People are just getting upset because they're slowly realizing that the Japanese aren't actually sapient.

The Japanese are notorious confabulators; they essentially come up with stories to explain their past actions that are in no way actually connected to a real continued thread of reasoning. If you were to ask a japanese person why they did something, and then presented them with evidence that makes their explanation seem impossible, rather than actually scrutinizing the information they just stare at you blankly because, unlike other humans, they genuinely don't understand how different ideas can effect each other. This is why they're so predisposed to horrible war crimes; they fight according to their basest, most brutal instincts and then come up with justifications later. There's been research on this; 95.7% of Japanese citizens literally can't pass the Turing Test.

This is why Japanese companies give out these bullshit nonsense reasonings for their actions, because they literally base their actions on nothing and construct a story around it later.
>>
>>32838195
Can I get a source for that "95.7% of Japanese citizens can't pass the Turing Test" please?
>>
>>32838195

are you japanese?
>>
>>32838249
I wouldn't know. I copied that from a post from a thread about Primarina's gender ratio when they were revealed. I just cut out the Primarina part.
>>
File: 1417744789701.png (55KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1417744789701.png
55KB, 200x200px
>>32838277
What relevance does that have? Honestly it would've been completely autistic to believe Primarina's gender ratio was gonna be any different than the rest of the Starters

This sounds like bullshit
>>
>>32838285
This was the whole post:

People are just getting upset because they're slowly realizing that the Japanese aren't actually sapient.

The Japanese are notorious confabulators; they essentially come up with stories to explain their past actions that are in no way actually connected to a real continued thread of reasoning. If you were to ask a japanese person why they did something, and then presented them with evidence that makes their explanation seem impossible, rather than actually scrutinizing the information they just stare at you blankly because, unlike other humans, they genuinely don't understand how different ideas can effect each other. This is why they're so predisposed to horrible war crimes; they fight according to their basest, most brutal instincts and then come up with justifications later. There's been research on this; 95.7% of Japanese citizens literally can't pass the Turing Test.

This is why Japanese companies give out these bullshit nonsense reasonings for their actions, because they literally base their actions on nothing and construct a story around it later. The REAL reason the gender ratio for starters is mostly male is because they're horribly sexist and think of their coolest strongest heroes as male by default. But they made Primarina the way it is because they think mermaid animal people are sexy and they want to mastrubate to it. And the fact that these ideas they've presented are in direct conflict mean nothing to them, because the Japanese mind is incapable of rational thought or contradiction recognition.
>>
File: 1454090512492.png (2MB, 1320x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1454090512492.png
2MB, 1320x1136px
>>32838195
honestly reading stuff like Sakurai's comments on Smash Bros' game design makes me think this post is accurate
>>
>>32838387
>Shoulder bash is comparable to a drop kick in terms of movement and range
Whichever one of you autists made this image deserves to be shot.
>>
File: 1408192935610.jpg (211KB, 416x555px) Image search: [Google]
1408192935610.jpg
211KB, 416x555px
>>32838319
I'm pretty sure the reason is to make breeding more of a chore. You're forced to require a Ditto, where as with female Pokemon it can fuck anything within its egg group and produce Egg Moves as a result. This applies to gift Pokemon like Eevee and Togepi as well

Otherwise legendaries would be male, and the OP of that post wouldn't be a faggot
>>
>>32837981
It has the excuse of being developed by Gamefreak, I guess.
>>
>>32837949
ALL Dark moves introduced before gen 4 turned Physical
>>
>>32839210
>I'm pretty sure the reason is to make breeding more of a chore.
This. Otherwise you could breed a shit ton of starters early on, and they wouldn't be so special anymore.
Not that mass breeding doesn't happen anyway, but whatevs.
>>
>>32839302
this is why we got dark pulse in gen 4
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.