[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gamefreak add permanent evolutions to old pokemon in Gen 8. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 12

File: rujeria.jpg (190KB, 620x423px) Image search: [Google]
rujeria.jpg
190KB, 620x423px
Gamefreak add permanent evolutions to old pokemon in Gen 8. What pokemon would you like to see get them?

Pic related.
>>
Magcargo, Swellow, Heliolisk, Komala, and Lumineon. Their designs feel so incomplete.
>>
Mr. mime and jynx, to redeem them, mr. mime looks like an awkward middle stage to me. and jynx... something less controversial. maybe more like smoochum in design. dunsparce, qwilfish, and chimecho to make them stronger/more memorable, and a gallade-like evolution for gothorita, since that line reminds me of the ralts line. im not sure any of these would be very likely of course but i would like to see these pokemon get some redemption. (well, for the gothita line, theyre perfectly fine on their own in my opinion. i just think another branch evolution would be neat.)
>>
>>32837007
Swellow and Lumineon are route one shitmons, which never get 3 line evolutions. The other ones do deserve evolutions though.
>>
>>32837032
>Lumineon route one
>Lillipup doesn't exist
>>
Fire/Steel Magcargo evolution
Poison/Flying Arbok evo
Fairy/Poison alternate evo for Spritzee
Fire/Poison alternate evo for Litleo
Electric/Poison alternate evo for Helioptile
Psychic/Dark male-only Gothorita alt evo (to parallel Gallade)
Combee male-only alt evo
Salandit male-only alt evo
Spinda evo
Mantine evo, maybe
pic in the OP but an opera viking woman instead, fits more imo

Also if we can have babymons then I want:
Lickitung prevo
Tauros & Miltank prevo
Sigilyph prevo
Maractus prevo (maybe?)
Absol prevo

and more obv

I'd take them all just slowly, and I don't even like a lot of new evos a lot of the time, but it's kind of sore that we haven't been getting ANY new ones.

Also, I want non-Rock-type alt forms of the fossils and co., and I want a regional Volcarona that becomes a pseudo and has a new middle evolution. I think it would be really cool.
>>
File: Mightyena Girl.jpg (39KB, 301x509px) Image search: [Google]
Mightyena Girl.jpg
39KB, 301x509px
>>32836950
Mightyena
>>
>>32837032
>Swellow
>Pidgeot, Staraptor, Unfezant, Talonflame, and Toucannon don't exist

Not that I think it'll happen, your point was just stupid
>>
>>32837149
Lapras pre-evo, please and thanks.
>>
File: $_58 (1).jpg (46KB, 388x233px) Image search: [Google]
$_58 (1).jpg
46KB, 388x233px
An alternate evolution of Weepinbell would be cool. I also wondered why Gloom got Vileplume and Bellossom while Weepinbell only had Victreebel.
>>
>>32837395
What is Carnivine
>>
sunflora, ledian, ariados, corsola, basically any mon thats fully evolved in gen 2 with sub 450 BST.
>>
>>32837439
Not related to Weepinbell at all
>>
Maaaan, I wish all single stage and 2nd stage megas were just static 2nd and 3rd stages. Lucario, Lopunny, Mawile, Absol, Sharpedo, etc..

I absolutely LOVE (most of) the mega form, but hate the concept of mega evolution.

As far as what Pokemon if like to see get a new stage?

Lapras
Tauros
Giraffarig
Scrafty
Bisharp
Tropius
Drudiggon
Kekleon
>>
Jynx is never getting any evolutions.
>>
Parasect, Magcargo, Lumineon, Tyrogue, Kricketune.
Split evo line for Trapinch with a Mega.
>>
>>32836950
Arbok.It's PÙ,that should be enough reason.
>>
>>32838813
Eviolite coil gunkshot. Even if it's evolution is shit, it can only do good things.
>>
>>32837032
>Swellow
>shitmon

also

>first route flying pokemon don't get 3 line evolutions!
>What is Pidgey, Starly, Pidove, Fletchling, and Pikipek?
>>
Arcanine and Ninetales
>>
I've always thought that Weezing would get a third evolution where it gains a third head and looks pissed all the time.
>>
File: 8aLE1ic.png (7KB, 437x421px) Image search: [Google]
8aLE1ic.png
7KB, 437x421px
I want to see what they can do.
>>
>>32837120
>>32837007
>>32837149
>>32839095
>>32839046

Fyi to all you, gamefreak doesnt add evolutions anymore, just megas and alola

not being pessimistic or shitpost, its just what the current nintendo hard-on is. if anyone can list an evolution go ahead but I cant even recall one from gen 6 or 7
>>
File: 1489601320754.jpg (43KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489601320754.jpg
43KB, 720x720px
>>32840151
Sylveon
>>
>>32840156
was this the only one from both gen 6 and 7?
>>
>>32840166
yes
>>
>>32840169
so pretty much sylveon was just a mon to push the fairy agenda harder and the only reason we even got that evolution
>>
>>32840151
I didn't say it was happening, in fact I said the opposite. I was just pointing out the stupidity of >>32837032's post.
>>
>>32837395
>>32837439
>>32837447
SHOULD'VE been Carnivine.
>>
>>32836950
Not happening
I blame 1 of 2 factors.

1st being the last time it happened, gen 4, apparently many people didn't like most the new evolutions, or the conditions most needed to evolve. Eevee is the exception because that is the natural thing that eevee gets new evolutions because how genetically unique and how it is able to be influenced by so many conditions
2nd being, although I doubt it really matters, the introduction of Eviolite. A hold item that increases NFE Not fully evolved pokemon's defences by an amount that sometimes gives that pokemon an advantage over what it evolves into.

>>32840156
Eevee always got an evolution or 2 every second generation, if we were to not count the first gen. 2,4,6 and adding another one was to hype up the Fairy type and Pokemon Amie.
We can assume we will get an Eevee evolution Next gen. Eviolite was no consequence on Eevee.
>>
>>32840210
Eeve get evos based if the type in question was special pre gen 4 or would hypothetically be a special type in gen 3 and below
>>
File: 203.png (97KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
203.png
97KB, 475x475px
>>
>>32838889
Being the first "coherent" starting bird ain't much. Especially when neutered Talonflame is better than Swellow
>>
>>32837021
How is it even controversial? It looks like a cartoon alien.
>>
>>32836950
You know they'll never do it again because of eviolite
>>
Here we are! So, since the amazing Mega Mawile isn't a permanent evolution (that still hurts), I'm gonna say who I think/hope should have one.

Gen1:

- Weepinbell (alt evo)
- Starmie
- Mr.Mime
- Jynx
- Tauros (baby)
- Lapras (baby)

Gen2:

- Quagsire
- Unown
- Girafarig
- Dunsparce (even if I strongly consider Drampa its evolution - it was obviously designed with that intention, just like Alomomola for Luvdisc)
- Qwilfish
- Shuckle
- Delibird (evo and baby)
- Skarmory (evo and baby)
- Stantler
- Miltank (baby)

Gen3:

- Volbeat/Illumise (baby)
- Torkoal
- Zangoose
- Seviper
- Lunatone/Solrock (baby)
- Chimecho
- Luvdisc > Alomomola

Gen4:

- Chatot
- Lumineon
- Weavile

Gen5:

- Audino (baby)
- Throh/Sawk (baby)
- Basculin
- Sigilyph
- Cinccino
- Maractus
- Vanillish (alt evo, to fix that shitty design)
- Alomomola (Luvdisc as a pre-evo)
- Heatmor
- Durant

Gen6:

- Aromatisse
- Slurpuff
- Heliolisk
- Hawlucha

Gen7:

- Salandit (male evo, to fix that shitty waifu design of Salazzle)
- Oranguru/Passimian (baby)
- Komala (SERIOUSLY, what the fuck were they thinking!?)
- Turtonator (baby)
- Bruxish
- Drampa (Dunsparce as a pre-evo)
- Remove all Ultrashits but Nihilego
>>
>>32841863
>Giving Skarmory an evo
I don't want eviolite Skarmory running rampant
>>
>>32840208
They don't look remotely similar design wise. Making carnivine a split evolution of weepinbell would be stupid and pointless. Carnivine just needs it's own evolution or mega.
>>
>>32840181
Gamefreak has added a new eeveelution every even generation. Expect a new one in gen 8.
>>
>>32841863
>Skarmory (evo
What the fuck is wrong with you man.
>>
Why don't they retcon Flabébé and Ralts into being baby Pokémon? Bébé literally means baby.

For that matter why did they ditch babymons entirely?
>>
>>32841863
>Oranguru/Passimian (baby)
No.

While some of the counterparts you mention would be fine (Tauros/Miltank, Volbeat/Illumise, Throh/Sawk), that's because those either have precedent (Hitmons) or work as a gender duo.

Counterparts don't have to be related by evolution -- do you want a shared baby for Zangoose/Seviper too?
>>
>>32841978
That's partly the point, I think.

It's a departure design-wise from Weepinbell -> Carnivine (losing Poison), just as Gloom -> Bellossom is a departure design-wise (also losing Poison). Shit, make it evolve via Sun Stone also, and say the Sun Stone helps purify Weepinbell's poisons, which is why it always looks happy (just as the same hold true for Bellossom).
>>
>>32841863
>it was obviously designed with that intention
>obviously
You sure? I don't see the resemblance between the two. Alomomola looks like a Luvdisc evo, yeah, but Dunsparce doesn't look like it would evolve into Drampa.

>Throh/Sawk (baby)
No, fuck that. I don't want these two to become even more like Hitmon knockoffs.
>>
>>32840896
This being said, if I don't see Drakeneon next gen, I'm going to be pissed.
>>
>>32837080
My answers are pretty boring and predictable.

Farfetch'd, Tauros/Miltank prevo, Dunsparce, Qwifish, Spinda, maaaybe Torkoal, Luvdisc > Alolamaloma, Sawk / Throh prevo, Durant Queen and Winged Drone evos, Shiny Carbink > Diance, Bruxish, Mimikyu, and Komala.
>>
>>32842435
Durant needs a prevo if it gets evos, Durant has very high stats as-is. I also would like a Heatmor prevo 2bh, I think it would be nice.
>>
>>32836950
Just going off the ones posted here in the thread that I feel like commenting on. Linking only to OP

>Jynx
Sorta like OP's pic or some sort of viking/opera singer like other fanart suggests. Should just get more defensive and gain more HP, but keep other stats about the same. Same typing and it would have a fun niche.

>Magcargo
It's trash, but I think an evolution is tough to come up with. All I can think of is "it just gets bigger"

>Komala
I'm torn... I like it as a one stage shitmon, and it has a gimmick. I don't know. Might be another "just gets bigger" thing too.

>Lumineon
Its design screams "Fairy" or "Flying." It's evolution should include one of those.

>Mr. Mime
Needs to get an evo for the same reason Jynx does: keep it up to snuff against Magmar/Electabuzz

>Arbok
I'd rather see a Mega or Alolan form, personally. But a Poison/Dragon stage would be cool as hell. Could make Arbok into a bulky monster too since it would then gain access to Coil + Eviolite

>Aromatisse
Its design feels kind of complete, but it would be neat to see a third stage that picks up Poison as a secondary typing.

>Tauros/Miltank
A joint prevo is waaaay overdue at this point
>>
>>32841863
A prevo for the Alola monkeys is silly and doesn't work anyway. They're clearly only related in the sense that they're primates from different versions of the game. Beyond that, they are totally unrelated Pokemon. It's not like Volbeat/Illumise or Tauros/Miltank. More like Electabuzz/Magmar.
>>
File: 1498219939210.jpg (149KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1498219939210.jpg
149KB, 1252x1252px
>>32836950
Before Gen 6 came out, I remember writing a list of Gen 5 evos/prevos I wanted to see. Here it is:

>Little kid fighter for Sawk/Throh
>Special Attacking alt evo for Sawk/Throh prevo, creating a 3rd in their family (like Tyrogue > 3 Hitmons)
>Sugar glider prevo for Emolga and a huge flying squirrel evo, making it a 3-stager like Pikachu
>A massive hogchoker/fluke evo for Stunfisk
>"Natural" evolution for Karrablast where it becomes a man-sized rhinoceros beetle (this could now happen instead of trade evolution with Shelmet)
>"Natural" evolution of Shelmet where it becomes an elongated, land-based Bug/Steel tubeworm (new alternate evolution to the trade based one with Karrablast)
>An alternate evo for Eeletrik where it becomes a huge levitating electric stingray
>Prevo and evo for Audino, making it a 3-stager like Chansey
>A largemouth bass evo for Basculin, has variations based on color you evolved
>An alternate Grass/Ground evo for the Tympole line where they become a spadefoot toad
>Goth punk alt evo for male Gothoritas
>3rd stage for Deerling line where it becomes a large moose
>A female only evolution for Durant where it becomes the "queen ant" and can use all of the Order attacks

Also, I've wanted to see a Ghost-type Wormadam/Burmy combo for a while. Something where they wear shed exoskeletons or something. It would be pretty awesome.
>>
>>32840151
That's literally the point of the thread you retard. No one here is saying any old Pokémon is going to get evolutions in gen 8.
>>
File: rock.png (72KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
rock.png
72KB, 250x250px
Ghost/Rock Spiritomb evolution named Spiramid
>>
>>32842600
>>32837021
Does Gamefreak even want to acknowledge Jynx at this point?
>>
>>32837032
>Lumineon
>route one
u wot m8
>>
>>32836950

I think a male version of the Gothitelle line should happen, since there are male versions of that line.

I think split line evos could still work.
>>
>>32842655
More than Kadabra and Alakazam.
>>
>>32841863
>Gen1

>Weepinbell (alt evo)
A regional form is most probably

>Mr.Mime
I bet by a alt evolution for mime jr

>Jynx
I don't think that GF touch that pokemon again

> Tauros (baby) and Lapras (baby)
yes please, specially a miltank/tauros baby

>Gen2
>Girafarig
yes, a guy here realized a fan evo dragon/psychic, I hope some as this

>- Qwilfish
yeah anything with war tech theme

>Skarmory (evo and baby)
just baby, skarmory is perfect

>Stantler
A moose evolution could be cool

>Miltank (baby)
of course

>Gen3:

>Torkoal
now with tortunator fire turtle idea feels overused

>- Lunatone/Solrock (baby)
a third pokemon based in a planet could be better idea

>Gen4:

>Chatot
I want this

>- Weavile
A mega was the right option in its moment, so bad

>Gen5:

>- Audino (baby)
other pink plush...yes please

>- Throh/Sawk (baby)
Better a female using the bredding sistem of volveat and ilumise

>Basculin
A giant pike

>Vanillish (alt evo, to fix that shitty design)
Now in strawberry, chocolate, and mint chocolate chip

>- Durant
It need a queen

>Gen6:

>-Hawlucha
Blasphemy, el pollo loco is perfect

>Gen7:

>Salandit (male evo, to fix that shitty waifu design of Salazzle)
yeah, now she can have a real harem with muscular lizard man

>Oranguru/Passimian (baby)
Just for passimian, that monkey is huge

>Komala (SERIOUSLY, what the fuck were they thinking!?)
in a cute koala plush?

>Turtonator (baby)
based in soft shell turtle maybe

>Remove all Ultrashits but Nihilego
not loving based buzzwole? .....the edge
>>
File: evolution.png (92KB, 567x342px) Image search: [Google]
evolution.png
92KB, 567x342px
These two.
>>
>>32836950
Jynx
Dunsparc
Arbok
Sunflora
Drifblimp
Ledian
Aridos
Spilt evolution for salandit and combee
Prevolutions of scyther and skarmory
Common prevolutions for tarous and miltank and heracross and Pinsir
>>
File: Dugang.png (88KB, 401x311px) Image search: [Google]
Dugang.png
88KB, 401x311px
More than regular evolution for old pokemons, what I truly want is new alternative evolutions.
>>
>>32843416
but the Abra family has been in nearly every regional dex. Jynx is uncommon in comparison.
>>
Why did Gamefreak even drop the idea anyway? I understand they wanted to focus on megas, I understand Unova wasn't to have any, and I understand there was a bit of a backlash from gen 4 (overabundance is a hinderance, naturally,) but why did they stop altogether bar Sylveon? It just makes it seem weird.
>>
>>32842653
I think the point of Spiritomb is that it is made of sins and wrongdoing contained in the tomb/rock. So the ghost/dark typing fits it as the rock is just a container and Rock typing would be it's third type but the whole concept isn't about the rock
>>
>>32843751
Basically, they've found new ways to pander to nostalgiafags without bloating the number of pokemon too much: megas in gen 6 and alola forms in gen 7. They don't want to bloat the number of pokemon too much because it makes the games harder to market.
>>
>>32836950
Trapinch gets an alternate evolution based more on antlions.
Dragonair gets an alternate evolution that keeps the serpent form.
A traded male Combee can evolve into a dead combee ghost/bug after breeding it with a Vespiqueen.
Girafarig gets a psychic/dark evolution where the tail takes over, and maybe a psychic/fairy where the normal head extends.
Unknown gets a swarm form.
Pikaclones get evolutions. Plusle/Minun get electric/steel typing. Pachirisu gets either electric/ground or stays electric.
Jinx/Mr.Mime/Carbink get evolutions.
Basculin gets a two-headed dragon evolution through trade.
Salandit male, Durant female.
Some of the mega forms are retconneed to normal evolutions, Mawile, Audino, etc.
>>
>>32844826
>Trapinch gets an alternate evolution based more on antlions.

But Flygon and Vibrava are antlions.
>>
>>32845069
I meant the larval stage with the sandpit.
>>
Why the fuck does Luvdisc not evolve into Alomomola?
>>
File: jll;k;.png (647KB, 940x644px) Image search: [Google]
jll;k;.png
647KB, 940x644px
>>32845204
because they're based on different kinds of fish
>>
>>32841377
I was bothered when grn 4 didn't introduce an evolution for this thing.
And Stantler too.
>>
Jynx should evolve into an Ursula-like creature with hair like The Grudge/The Ring covering her face.
>>
>>32837032
Lumineon is a late game shitmon if anything.
>>
File: tumblr_olnlf6wQHQ1vmlgf6o7_400.gif (24KB, 300x220px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_olnlf6wQHQ1vmlgf6o7_400.gif
24KB, 300x220px
>>32845396
And this matters since when?
>>
>>32844020
I disagree with the "harder to market" point. I want over 1k mons already gf, come on. And saying "we introduced over 150 new mons!" is way better than "we introduced, like, 70 or 80 I guess."

What I'm hoping they do is this:
They end gen 7 with USM and we go to gen 8 on the Switch in 2018 or 2019, whenever.
We get the new region, and then for the next, oh, 6 or 7 years or so, we get these (in no particular order:) Kanto remakes, Kanto sequels, Johto remakes, Sinnoh remakes, Unova sequels, (or gray I guess? BW3?) Z version (or XZ/YZ, whatever,) and then next gen on the next Nintendo console, with upwards of 200 new mons, all looking better than before.

I know they won't do this, but this is what I would want more than anything. Update the entire franchise, take us on an entire, giant generational journey. It wouldn't even be that hard imo. I would take even half as many updates and take away a quarter of the new mons as long as they just throw this stuff at us.
>>
>>32845396
Please tell me this photo is a perspective trick. There's no way sunfish are that huge.
>>
>>32845784
From Wikipedia
"e mature ocean sunfish has an average length of 1.8 m (5.9 ft) and a fin-to-fin length of 2.5 m (8.2 ft). The weight of mature specimens can range from 247 to 1,000 kg (545 to 2,205 lb),[3][11][12] but even larger individuals are not unheard of. The maximum size is up to 3.3 m (10.8 ft) in length[10] 4.2 m (14 ft) across the fins[13] and up to 2,300 kg (5,100 lb) in mass"
>>
>>32845774
they have an alternate evolutionary theme. luvdisc and alomomola have "fish" as a common theme and that's it.
>>
>>32845815
They have heart-shape too I guess.
>>
>>32845396
>>32845784
>>32845805
>Alomomola isn't fuckoff huge
gamefreak drops the ball once again
>>
>>32845774
remoraid and octillery share the same concept, the species is irrelevant
>>
>>32836950
Won't happen ever again after the backlash from Gen 4. Nintendo interpretted the complaints as "stop making cross gen evos" instead of "stop making shitty cross gen evos"
>>
>>32845805
So definitely a perspective trick.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.