[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did moving on to skype really speed up development? What would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 9

File: maxresdefault.jpg (209KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
209KB, 1280x720px
Did moving on to skype really speed up development? What would it take for sage to move back on to /vp/? Any devs lurking?
>>
>>32836344
Sage is dead

And rightfully so cause those designs are garbage
>>
>>32836654
Based pokemon clover
>>
>>32836344
>Did moving on to skype really speed up development?

Sort of, it was less a matter of speeding up, and more a matter of efficiency, if that makes sense.

>What would it take for sage to move back on to /vp/?
Not going to happen
>>
>>32836666
Those are garbage too though
>>
>>32836666
Satan speaks the quads of truth
>>
>>32839097
*infinite
>>
what animal is the water starter?
>>
>>32840518
a condom
>>
>>32836344
On a scale of 10 with 10 being done tomorrow and 0 being literally never, moving to skype improved to 0 to a 1. So yes, it did, relatively.
>What would it take for sage to move back on to /vp/?
A time machine to bring back /vp/ when it wasn't turbocancer and merely cancer?
>Any devs lurking?
Yes
>>
>>32840849
If Sage isn't a /vp/ game, then why the fuck should I care about it?
>>
>>32840518
Marine iguana, the white armor/crests on it are salt deposits like on the real animal
>>
>>32840972
90% of the current devs are still people from /vp/ or 4chan otherwise.
>>
>>32840991
>Marine iguana
Mariguana
>>
>>32840992
That's a tangential relation at best. The only time we ever hear from Sage any more is when they're trying to shill the latest version of their short-ass demo to a populace they've already publicly shunned.
>>
>>32840972
So the only video games you play are ones made on /vp/?
That's rather limiting I would think.
>>
>>32841449
>to a populace they've already publicly shunned.
You're welcome to join whenever you want you know.
>>
Friendly reminder that sage devs are the only ones who make these threads.
Nobody on /vp/ gives a shit about your game.
I legitimately cannot wait for it to come out and be forgotten within a month. Seriously.
It'll be one of those things that TheHeroVoltsy LP's and then forgets about when the next hack comes out.

>Let's take a game that should have took a year at absolute most to come out, and make it take 8 years.
The devs of sage are beyond retarded. I have my doubts it will ever come out, at the pace you're moving I guarantee some key members of the dev team will grow tired of the project and move onto greener pastures.
>>
>Skype

/g/ here. Why are they using Skype? Why not just use GitHub or Bitbucket like a normal software development team would? DESU I think this is the reason it will never be finished.
>>
File: hex2.png (81KB, 476x455px) Image search: [Google]
hex2.png
81KB, 476x455px
>>32836344
I want to play the game since I actually like it.

but it will never come out.
>>
>>32842900
Moved to discord because it's more stable.

Anyway, status update: 2.0 is seriously totally done. Except it's a bug ridden mess and Nave (the programmer) is swamped in real life stuff (primarily University work).
So we can't do anything until he gets back.
>>
>>32842963
If it's true, mind my asking what's in the current build?
>>
>>32842900
>Why not just use a CnD magnet like any normal dev.
We're all paranoid.
>>
>>32842986
Everything up to the third gym. Tons of new move animations, day and night themes, fancy new evolution animations, UI improvements. The works.
>>
File: Bird..png (3KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Bird..png
3KB, 200x200px
>>32836666
Checked
>>
>>32842963
>switched to discord
Git is a version control system not a chat system. Why are you guys always chatting? Shouldn't you be working on the game or something?

>Nave (the programmer) is swamped in real life stuff (primarily University work).
>So we can't do anything until he gets back.
See this is exactly why you guys need to use GitHub. Then anyone with the know how would be able to fork, it fix a bug or two, then propose the changes to you guys and you would just pull them in if you wanted. Letting one person be the "keeper" of the source files is madness.
>>
>>32843784
>Why are you guys always chatting?
We're also friends, for the most part.

>Letting one person be the "keeper" of the source files is madness.
It's not even that, it's we're all retarded and can't into programming except for Nave and Pawter/Redmage (who haven't been around since they got married)
>>
>>32843806
Or rather, pawmage haven't been around much since they've gotten married. They showed up to playtest recently and occasionally pop in in the offtopic chat.
>>
>>32843806
You should propose to tell Nave or whoever to make the code open source then. That way it would be easy to get help from people that into programming.
>>
>>32843005
Are you ever going to update that 1.5.1 demo link on the Wiki? Or will we have to wait 'till 2.0 is fixed of bugs for you to upload it?
>>
>>32843948
IIRC nothing is being released until 2.0
>>
>>32843806
and beside that, git is just a program that logs file changes and GitHub is a website that stores files that are being tracked with git. You don't need to know how to code to use them at all. It even has a GUI. You can even make it so you all have to "vote" on changes to the "master" branch of the project if you want. I looked at your wiki and it seems that collaboration is important to you guys and I am baffled how you guys do not just use GitHub. It eliminates so many of your concerns with keeping the collaboration open but not allowing just anyone to "pollute" the project.
>>
>>32843975
That sounds good. I'll bring it up with the team
>>
>>32843864
It's all open within the project. There are several people who all commit changes to the build, it's just that the heavy scripting work falls primarily on the more skilled but busier members.
>>
>>32836344
Why have people been using this thumbnail from some barely viewed shitty LP for more than a year to make threads?
>>
>>32844049
Yeah, but let's say I'm a really skilled programmer and I want to help you. There's no way for me to do it. I would have to try to find time to go to your Skype chats and stuff, but really I just want to look at the code, fix a thing, and then submit a pull request.

Doesn't even have to be coding it could be artwork or whatever files you guys consider in the project.

I guess the only issue is you don't want anyone outside the dev team to see the source? IDK why that would be...you're not going to make any money off this anyway.
>>
>>32844117
I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how RPGXP works. In any case
-We'd rather people that make builds have a working knowledge of relevant facets of the project. Being in dev chats ensures that we can give you feedback to the things you're doing, you can ask questions about what needs to be done, and you don't do dumb shit that hasn't been discussed at all with anyone else.
-We'd rather the builds, particularly not these near-2.0 builds, be publicly accessible so that we can ensure that 2.0 is the build people play and some chucklefuck doesn't just leak 1.9.5.2. We want to deliver a polished experience, not a bunch of random downloads to beta versions hosted all over the place.

tldr if you have enough free time to want to help develop Sage, you should also have enough free time to fucking talk with us about what's going on from a game design and decision standpoint.
>>
>>32844117
It's preferable to be the one to release the game you are making, not somebody you don't know, is not helping you make the game and has no interest in it ever being completed or released as intended.

That being said, if you do want to help make the game, you are more than welcome to. Just say the words and a way for you to enter contribution will be open.
>>
>>32844167
>>32844176

You guys are mixing up the process of distribution with the process of development. The build people play will be the one you guys say is the official build on your wiki or official repository. If they download it from chucklefuck.com that's on them. I am making a suggestion to help you guys with development. Not even thinking about a build, I am talking about the source.

As far as the comment about me not knowing how RPGXP works, everything I have said applies to anything that uses files. For your information, plenty of people use GitHub for RPGXP games. It manages your files and keeps history and other useful stuff. If someone does dumb shit then okay then don't merge the changes they made on their branch into the official branch - so simple. It works whether it is open or closed development so you can make it private and only people you invite can see it if you want. The website has a a lot of features that make the whole process more efficient than chatting on Skype or 4chan.

I don't know why I'm trying to take the time to convince you guys. If you want the final game to be a "surprise" that's fine, but to me it looks like you guys are washed unless you go open source.

I don't want to work on a game in RPGXP so I can't help you guys out there.
>>
I did a few of the designs for sage and I'm infinitely disappointed it will likely never come out. The actual creation of the dex was extremely fun and some of the most fun I had on this site, tryingredients to make something that would pass the 66% approval rating. But the surveys and everyone feeling their opinion needed to be validated for every tiny detail of story and map design has really destroyed any hope that I will ever get to play the game.
>>
>>32844439
no u
>>
>>32844835
Why not just set the bench to be impassable like a tree?
>>
>>32844417
They're also not telling you about their other board that they use for information repository but discord also allows for real-time interaction and feedback on things. For what it's worth, your suggestion isn't a bad one, but considering the dearth of programmers who have not only been capable of or interested in working with RPGXP or willing to stick around for more than a week it's not really something to do at the time.
>>
>>32836666
Confirmed
>>
>>32843806
>>32843812
Why not ask them to chip in really quickly? I mean they're reasonable right?
>>
>>32836344
It won't even have Fairy type lmao

Can't wait for this game to release in 2021 and be forgotten about after a few days. Why even fucking bother
>>
>>32845009
The issue there was that a tiny bit of the shadow from that house was interfering with the bench's coordinates, overwriting its passability.
Very easy fix.
>>
>>32836666
kekt
>>
>>32843964
newfag question, with the stuff that happened to those two other Pokemon fangame, are any of you guys worried about legal action being taken since it's been discussed openly before? It'd be a shame to see all that work get nuked
>>
>>32843806
>It's not even that, it's we're all retarded and can't into programming except for Nave and Pawter/Redmage (who haven't been around since they got married)
You still in need of someone to code random script stuff like abilities? I contributed a bit of that early on but I don't know if it ever got used.
>>
>>32845024
>considering the dearth of programmers who have not only been capable of or interested in working with RPGXP or willing to stick around for more than a week it's not really something to do at the time.
I'm familiar with RPGXP, and while I couldn't promise sticking around, if you gave me a build and let me loose to go bug fixing, I could probably stomp out a bunch of them.
>>
>RPG Maker
dropped
>>
File: vivace current agreed.png (316KB, 1008x880px) Image search: [Google]
vivace current agreed.png
316KB, 1008x880px
>>32849871
your loss anon
>>
>>32849987
it looks really good, but it won't save the game from stuttering and lagging worse than a chewed up gen IV cartridge. The advantage of genIII romhacks is that they run on a silky-smooth and easy to spped up engine.
>>
>>32850007
It'd be impossible to do the shit that sage does in a romhack.

>but it won't save the game from stuttering and lagging worse than a chewed up gen IV cartridge.
I have the 1.9.4 test build and it runs fine for me on everything i've had it on aside from a 15 year old tiny netbook.
>>
>>32850023
I just hope it will run better than the demo and Uranium, because those are painful to play.
>>
>>32850033
post specs
>>
>>32850053
Intel core i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40 GHz 2.40 GHz
8GB of RAM
running windows 10 64-bit

I don't really know what most of that means, I'm not really an expert in this field. Anyway the game doesn't "lag" but frme skips and stuttering animations are a thing.
>>
>>32844835
Its a shame those houses are so weirdly sized. They're quite nice to look at but it's super annoying how they spill into surrounding tiles
>>
>>32843806
>It's not even that, it's we're all retarded and can't into programming except for Nave and Pawter/Redmage (who haven't been around since they got married)
So you dont have fucking programmers
So the games not fucking coming ever?

I'm glad this has proven memes will always be greater than tryhards
>>
Is there a good romhack?
I am apprehensive about downloading clover.... what is a better alternative?
>>
>>32850505
>what is a better alternative
None, all other romhacks are shit.
>>
>>32850477
Are you incapable of reading?
It says the programmer is busy, not dead.
>>
>>32850520
all romhacks are shit*
>>
Is there a fan game or rom hack that has been able to combine all the pixel-era regions, ala gen2 johto and kanto?
>>
File: 1493875827905.jpg (60KB, 509x623px) Image search: [Google]
1493875827905.jpg
60KB, 509x623px
>>32850578
>Clover
>Shit
>>
>>32850595
It's a well known fact my home brother.
>>
>>32843005
>Everything up to the third gym
>5 years and only to the 3ds gym
/vp/ really made the development slow
>>
>>32850644
If by "fact" you mean, objectively wrong opinion, then we agree
>>
>>32850660
3rd*
>>
>>32849795
Yeah everyone kinda freaked out about that. But really, we only have one point of contact that's not anonymous and that person can just quit if they're approached by Nintendo. We're pretty safe.

>>32849822
>You still in need of someone to code random script stuff like abilities?
We need someone to bugfix script stuff. AFAIK all of them are implemented but some are buggy.
>>
>>32850477
Jesus you're an idiot.
We have three. They're all busy.
>>
>>32850477
>I'm glad this has proven memes will always be greater than tryhards
>trying hard is a bad thing for some reason
I will never understand autism.
>>
>clover has good programmers and shit artists
>sage has shit programmers and good artists
Pottery
>>
>>32850086
You will probably be fine
>>
Still can't believe they went with Pyroat over Scathegoat
>>
>>32849862
Post discord
>>
>>32853542
It only took one day for me to change my mind and not feel like it anymore, so you're probably better off without me.
>>
>>32853306
pics?
>>
PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP SAGE DEVELOPERS

I WANT A BASILECT
>>
>try joining as a writer a few years ago
>immediately have to quit due to health and money concerns
I hope they keep it up. Sage is a good project despite the memes.
>>
>>32841532
How do I join the skype group?
>>32841576
I liked the demo and would love for the game to be actually released
I would forget about it in a month but id enjoy the fuck out of it during that month
>>
>>32856652
discord empty#9724
>>
>>32836344

This questions is fuzzy

Yes its speed up because it removed the polls, so it continued from where it was without the poll were we collectively decided how the game would be.

The problem is, making a game "using a hivemind" was the main idea of the game, so this extra speed means nothing.
>>
>>32841576
>I legitimately cannot wait for it to come out and be forgotten within a month. Seriously.
I forget about pokemon games a week after playing them so a month would be a pretty damn good amount of time for me to enjoy this.
God damn why are you so butthurt about some people making a fangame?
>>
>>32856734
I'd take extra speed over rampant shitposting that was happening in the months leading up to the leave.
You were either not here during that time or you have completely forgotten just how cancerous it was.
>>
>>32843005
This is exactly what's wrong with the project.

You're dicking around with slight animation and UI hanged while the game is only developed up till the third gym.

Can't wait for the subsequent graphical update that includes the third gym and three additional seconds of content.
>>
>>32856883
>You're dicking around with slight animation and UI hanged while the game is only developed up till the third gym.
Yeah that's not what's holding us up... It's literally bugfixing that needs to be done for 2.0.
God forbid artists do something while other departments work on other shit.
>>
>>32856893
Sounds like the art department is the only department.
>>
>>32856883
>game that looks and runs like shit but is completed
>game that looks and runs wonderfully but is up to a demo state

See the problem with game design is that there are two ways of approach.
(For Early access games)
Create the full game and fix it after the fact and hope people are still interested even after they've completed a rushed shitty version.
Ooooor... Create the game in progression to how it'll be played, and make that progression be polished off as it's released which lets people enjoy new stages in full as they're released.

Basically you're comparing No Man's Sky to an episodic released game.
No Man's Sky was trash when it was released and no amount of updates can remove that unfiltered garbage taste people will remember it for.
Then you've got TWD where people enjoy episode one and then wait for episode 2 even if it's not a completed game they'll still want to play it.

Sorry I'm rambling but I hope my point is coming across.

Put out the finished copy of a game and it's not well made and people are unlikely to want to play it even if it is finished at a later date.
>>
>>32856928
Definitely not
>>
>>32856940
You are delusional if you think anybody is going to give a shit about your little pokemon game in another 5 years.
I was 22 when you started work on Sage. 5 years on and i literally couldn't give the slightest shit about it already, and what, the only thing you've completed is some shit up to the 3rd gym? Going by the time it's took you to reach that far in development, it's safe to say that in another 5 years, when I'm in my 30's, you'll still be nowhere near finished. Nobody wanted an autistically delayed fan game for the sake of "m-muh perfection", people wanted a decently well made fan game with Sages dex in it. That's all. You're taking the long route and it's not even going to remotely pay off.

Games like NMS are indeed a blunder, but they were built from the ground up and they still took less time to create than your fan game.
See this right here? >>32849987 This looks pretty good. Nothing spectacular but not bad either. Does this sort of thing (if it were a representative of the entire game) look like it would take the amount of time it's already taken to finish? lmao no, not even close.

FF15 took forever to make and that game is shit too. Get your priorities straight and your head out of your ass.
I say that but we all know you're in far to deep to be able to crawl your way back out now.

This project is destined to fail, one way or another.
It's either going to take too long that it becomes irrelevant.
Or.
You slowly but surely lose motivation, bit by bit, day by day, dedicating less and less time to finishing until you dedicate no time at all.

That's the harsh reality.
>>
>>32859317
to be fair, Sage isn't even the slowest work in progress. I've been waiting for another (arguably much better) fangame since fucking 2009 and they haven't even released a demo yet.
>>
Why is this meme not dead yet
>>
>>32859317
>5 years on and i literally couldn't give the slightest shit about it already
That you're here trying so hard to give us your opinion would sort of lead me to disagree with this statement.
You seem to care a great deal about pokemon sage.
>>
>>32859814
>You're not allowed to speak your mind about things unless you care for them

Spotted one of the asshurt devs.
Did I hurt your fee fees?
>>
>>32859851
lol dude, you're still here
>>
>>32859857
Sure I am. There's this magical thing that happens when you get a reply which shows up on your tabs. Incredible, I know.
>>
>>32859866
What exactly is it about pokemon sage that gets you so incredibly butt-flustered though dude?
Did they shit on one of your designs or something?
>>
>>32859910
Can you not read you illiterate cunt? The entire post is about how snail paced the development is, it's not hard to figure out.
>>
>>32859922
Okay so, you're super ass-inflamed about how long a game that you don't care about is taking?
You can see how that comes across as a little silly right?
>>
>>32859932
Imagine being so ass hurt by my post that you make cringe worthy comments like this.

I was hyped for the game when it first became a thing, I lost interest after it took years to release a demo containing literally nothing.
Now I'm having fun making posts that clearly hit to close to home as is evident by how much you're shitting the bed over said post.

I'd be angry if I spent the last 5 years working on something while making very little progress that nobody will ever give a shit about though, considering it's nothing more than a spin off fangame.
>>
>>32859949
Your attitude is so weird.
>Oh man I fucking hate how long this is taking, why won't the people making the game I so desperately need hurry up?
>Should I offer my help in an attempt to help speed up progress?
>Nah I'm just going to whine about it on 4chan while the people reading have a chuckle at my expense.

Honestly, if I started bringing up something like how the demo may not be actually released to the general public, would you have an aneurysm?
>>
>>32859971
>Gets blown the fuck out with cold hard facts
>Covers his ears and proceeds to sperg out because his literal who project is completely and utterly irrelevant
lmao how sad.
Look at this thread. 39 IPs. Nobody gives a shit about your game. I bet you even made the thread in a desperate attempt to remind people that this thing even exists. I sure as hell forgot all about it.

>Should I offer my help in an attempt to help speed up progress?
Who said I wanted to help? I'm clearly here to berate you for wasting the past 5 years of your life working on a glorified fan game, which still is nowhere near completion. You could have made an actual game in that time, a new IP, that could actually be sold kek.

>if I started bringing up something like how the demo may not be actually released to the general public, would you have an aneurysm?
I didn't play the first demo though.
I'm not going to play this next one either, I don't play incomplete shit. You sound like the type of person that buys into early access shit as well.

I'll play this if/when it comes out, and it will no doubt be a disappointing experience, just as all absurdly long development hell games are.
>>
seriously
let this meme die already
nobody actually likes these designs and the game is never coming out
>>
>>32860001
>39 IPs
>>32860018
>Still 39 IPs

Hahaha you fucking faggot I can't believe you're this salty over a fucking fan game.

I'm not even a dev you idiot, god this has been funny but I'm gonna go jerk off to some deranged asian porn or something.

You've been fun you huge sperge, stay mad.
>>
File: Woah.jpg (184KB, 1493x768px) Image search: [Google]
Woah.jpg
184KB, 1493x768px
>>32860027
>You will never get crucified in a debate so hard that you have to resort to posting pure cringe worthy damage control trash like this.
Tip top kek, dry your eyes you pitiful fuck, it's just a game.

Also pic related is probably this guy >>32860018

Feel free to have another crack when your fee fees recover though.
>>
>>32859949
Why would you be angry if it's just a hobby?
It's not like people are actually trying to make money off this, they do this for fun it seems. Chill, b.
>>
File: chill.png (46KB, 304x330px) Image search: [Google]
chill.png
46KB, 304x330px
>>32859949
>>
>>32836666
savage
>>
>>32859949
>outright admit you are just shitposting for shits and giggles
>WTF WHY AREN'T YOU GUYS TAKING ME SERIOUSLY
>>
>>32860047
The fuck is a fee fee
>>
>>32836666
woah
>>
>>32836344
epic
http://www.oneangrygamer.net/2017/03/pokemon-sage-fan-project-nearly-implodes-due-to-sjw-politics/
>>
>>32864233
Lol fuck off Chao.

How's your shit card game?
>>
>>32864182
I think it was some meme that came from a website like 9gag or some shit.
>>
I think it was a good idea to move it. I hope you guys finish this game! Super excited
>>
>>32864275
>9gag

>>32864773
Thanks bro!
>>
File: cheeeen.png (663KB, 768x784px) Image search: [Google]
cheeeen.png
663KB, 768x784px
I hate all of you and I think it was a bad idea to move it, but the game still looks great and I wasn't helping anyway, so good luck.
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.