[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://venturebeat.com/2017/06/21/ nintendo-on-keeping-swit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

https://venturebeat.com/2017/06/21/nintendo-on-keeping-switch-owners-happy-with-mario-and-more/
>Gen 8 on the Switch next year
>Gen 7 really was a filler gen made for the anniversary alone
>inb4 b-but the article was corrected
Damage control in case of delays. Who's excited for another installment of denial/anti-switch fags getting blown out of existence
>>
Dumb jaredposter
>>
yes just like gen v and gen vi were filler
>>
>>32829646
They also just announced that their increased production for May and June wasn't enough, and they are further increasing production for July and beyond.

>B-b-but the Switch only sold 3 million! ignore that its only been out for 3 months, that's far less then what the 3DS has, again ignoring the 3DS has been out for 6 years!
>>
>>32829646
I honestly can't tell what point you're trying to make. So I'll just say that I'm happy with my Switch, even if I have only one game so far, because there are enough games on the way that I know I'll enjoy.
>>
How does /vp/ feel that we'll probably get generation 10 by 2023 based on this rate of release.
>>
>>32829670
Whoever said V was a filler is a moron.

Gen 6 was absolutely filler, and gen 7 was an anniversary gen, short but not necessarily a filler.
>>
>>32829692
That's pretty cool. Gen 9 will probably be another anniversary gen like gen 7
>>
File: AP-gosling-01-as-170226_4x3_992.jpg (64KB, 992x744px) Image search: [Google]
AP-gosling-01-as-170226_4x3_992.jpg
64KB, 992x744px
>>32829646
>mfw based Jared poster blew out the starfags in literal seconds during the last Pokemon direct
>mfw he always blows fags out of existence
I believe him
>>
>>32829670
VI was absolutely filler. They were rushed beta games for SM
>>
>>32829646
Who the fuck is denying that the switch will have a main pokemon game next year?
>>
>>32829790
Shitposters and underage who don't know what a console shift is.

So about half of /vp/

Though some are fairly suggesting it might be 2019 instead.
>>
>>32829790
Believe it or not, there are actual people on this board that think the next Pokemon games on Switch will be spin offs like MD.
>>
>>32829807
Even though they specifically said "core series?" Why would they think that?
>>
>>32829837
See>>32829802
>>
>>32829837
Refer to >>32829802
Its the same thing that happens every time we move to a new system, people come up with a reason for why the new one isn't a real replacement, and why Pokemon will remain on the current system. the DS was "two screens are gimmicky", 3DS was "3D is gimmcky", and now switch is "its only a half handheld"

I do wonder what excuse the new generation will come up with in half a decade from now.
>>
It's not filler, they're going to be doing a new gen basically every other year.

They've been trying to streamline the development process with a proprietary engine, asset creation tools and of course the pre-made Pokemon models they'll be using for a long time.

This is the new business model, because they've found new gens sell much better than sequels and spinoffs so they're going to release new gens every other holiday.
>>
>>32830065
This may not be too off

It would further explain why they reduced the new amount of pokemon per generation, so they can pump out new generations faster.

They better start bumping up the quality of the introduction titles if they're just going to do third versions or sequels every second generation.
>>
>>32830073
>They better start bumping up the quality of the introduction titles
Not likely. Usually this kind of direction change is indicative of execs deciding that short-term profits are more important than long-term and ignoring things like "quality" when predicting the success of a game.
>>
>>32830138
Eh, I'd actually argue SM was good for an introduction game.

But they need to go even further if they want to me to accept those games disappearing entirely.
>>
File: 1231241241234123.png (385KB, 516x644px) Image search: [Google]
1231241241234123.png
385KB, 516x644px
>>32829646
Wait, are there really anti-switch fags on /vp/? Why here of all places?
>>
>>32829682
>>B-b-but the Switch only sold 3 million!
Isn't that only for March anyway?
>>
File: 1475708573166.png (602KB, 536x564px) Image search: [Google]
1475708573166.png
602KB, 536x564px
>>32832190
Yeah and you're probably one of them.
>>
>>32829697
Nah, gen 6 wasn't filler. It was a tech demo.
>>
>>32832190
Why do you think? young brats who don't realize that having to cough up money for a new system every half decade is how things work, and so either complain about having to do so, or find reasons to believe they won't have to.
>>
>>32832203
Yup, that's what I meant by the next bit that said "totally ignore its only been out for 3 months"

But if you instead mean the 3 million figure is literally just from the month of March, that's even better.
>>
>>32832190
Is this your first week here? Well I'll clue you in: it's not people who objectively have reason to believe that core games wouldn't move to the switch they're just suffering from cognitive dissonance because they cant afford or don't want to have to beg their mom to buy them a switch so they're rationalizing it.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.