[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't you use Pokebank to transfer pokemon from SM back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: download.png (7KB, 200x119px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
7KB, 200x119px
I don't get it, they're all on the 3DS. So why can't I use Pokebank to transfer pokemon from there to XY or ORAS?

I can understand not being able to send pokemon back to old DS games because it's on different hardware, but there's no trade/transfer compatibility between all the 3DS games freely? Anyone else think this is bullshit?
>>
I think the Pokemon's data gets updated to match any changes made in the current gen, which makes it incompatible with previous games. Like, Pelipper got a Sp.Atk boost this gen, so when it gets updated with that new data I guess it can't go back.
>>
Because SM Pokemon have data that isn't compatible with XY/ORAS, like the Hyper Training stats and the new ribbons.
>>
Same reason you can't run software made for Windows 7 in Windows XP.
>>
Because it's a stupid service and GF doesn't understand how to create incentive for people to buy into it. See also how pointless the RBY VC transferring ended up being. GS will probably be even worse.
>>
File: memory zigzagoon.png (66KB, 1214x766px) Image search: [Google]
memory zigzagoon.png
66KB, 1214x766px
If you were to check the data of Pokemon from XYORAS transferred to SM through something like Pkhex, you can see that pretty much all the data from those Pokemon are still left intact, like memories and where they are caught. The only reason I could see it being a one-way transfer is because of Hyper Training. Everything else would still work fine if the Pokemon was transferred back.
New ribbons would simply not show up, just like how the ORAS contest ribbons didn't show up when you traded those Pokemon back to XY, and Pokemon with new moves could simply be locked out until they were removed, just like how a Pokemon with new moves was locked out of a GSC->RBY trade.
>>
I'm assuming because they figure outright banning transfer backs makes it simplier then just banning hyper trained mons. Hyper training is the big issue maker as far as I know.
>>
they could if they wanted to.

>[Warning] pokemon will lose hyper trained stats if transferred back

Wooooow so hard
>>
>>32827318

Kids are fucking stupid and would ignore that.
>>
>>32827232
Actually I think having a single, cross-generational Pokedex is a brilliant idea, considering it not only makes it more feasible to have a complete Pokedex as we get closer to 1000 total Pokémon and beyond, but it encourages people to buy past games in addition to buying the newest game.

This was sort of possible already by just transferring everything you had in the previous game into the new one but it was time consuming.

The "games as a service" model is what everyone aspires to be and GF wants to essentially make Bank the "core" game and each new release an "expansion". Obviously the bulk of the gameplay is in the new games but GF wants Bank to be your central persistent link between the games. It's a pretty brilliant move and inevitably we're gonna see a mobile app and a webapp.
>>
>>32827266
>>32827318
More likely it's because they'd have to so testing for both XY and ORAS every time they released a patch for SM. Yes, even if they just had a system that told you "this Pokémon will lose these moves and features" when you try and trade an incompatible Mon, it's a million times easier to just say "these games are no longer supported"
>>
>>32828563
Why on earth would they have to do that? The Pokemon data structure is never updated in a patch, which is done to prevent your save from being destroyed if you play without the update installed. Updating SM would have zero effect on bank.
>>
>>32828563
And they should then test all of gen 7 and gen 6 when gen 8 comes around and then all those three when gen 9 comes etc.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.