[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen 8 for Switch will come out 2019. >Masuda said XY was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 1479251697274.png (219KB, 642x642px) Image search: [Google]
1479251697274.png
219KB, 642x642px
Gen 8 for Switch will come out 2019.

>Masuda said XY was in development for 3,5 years
>5 months before B/W was released and roughly a year before the 3DS was released

Looking at this numbers, we can assume that that the development for Gen 8 started in April 2016, and that Gamefreak already had access to the Switch at that time. If it will take them another 3,5 years (or maybe even more because they have to completely make everything from scratch in HD graphics), Gen 8 will come out in October or November of 2019.

I guess they will release USUM ports for the Switch in 2018 to fill the gap.

>tfw Gen5 and Gen7 literally only exist to fill the gap
>>
>>32825942
Hard to say.

Magearna appeared for a Kalos movie and Marshadow has already happened. We don't know if Alola has 1 or 2 movies left under its belt.
>>
X and y they had 721 Pokemon in high polygon

Maybe same thing in gen 8
>>
>>32826024
Pretty much this. If they need to update texture resolution for all 820ish Pokemon, that might be different if they feel the need to anyway. Modeling however seems to be future proofed and if they need to be optimized in anyway, they should have LESS Polygons, not more.
>>
>>32826043

They'll likely pull the model textures from either Go or that arcade game.
>>
File: 1490188281563.png (359KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1490188281563.png
359KB, 800x800px
>>32825942
>I guess they will release USUM ports for the Switch in 2018 to fill the gap.
They better not do that.
At the same time as the 3ds release, or nothing!
>>
File: 1464194322916.png (437KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1464194322916.png
437KB, 450x450px
>>32826152
I'd rather have a shitty US/UM port instead of a DP remake.

Please don't fucking waste Sinnoh in the shitty 3DS Gamefreak, PLEASE
>>
>>32826163
nah, don't worry, it's not gonna happen bro
they're not THAT stupid

2018 will probably be a break year like 2015
>>
>>32826024
The fact that they went so stupidly high polygon is the reason Gen 7 battles are a slideshow. If they stop using these models with the 3DS to make even higher-poly replacements I'll flip a table.
>>
>>32826024
They used Pokemon with high poly so that they can keep reusing them in the future.
>>
>>32825942
I think gen 8 will come out next year. Ishihara said that the games MAY not come out in a year. A year and 4 months is more than a year. Plus the job listing from march says the job expires May 2018, so the game will be almost if not completely finished by that time. It was probably in development for longer than we think.
>>
>>32827089
>It was probably in development for longer than we think

I fucking hope so. If not, it will probably be rushed as hell again.
>>
>>32825942
>Have Fun with Japanese: even a Mankey can get it.

Does...does this mean Gengar can't read?
>>
>>32827009
Which is a common practice in the industry. It's better to create assets at a much higher fidelity than whatever project you're working on calls for, then you scale them down according to what the hardware can handle.

The problem is Game Freak employs the worst fucking programmers of all time and they completely forgot to do that.
>>
http://gonintendo.com/stories/283466-nintendo-pegs-metroid-prime-4-pokemon-switch-for-2018
>>
Note that when people say shit like "in development for x years" most of that is pre-production which barely counts as actually being in development.

It means they were coming up with ideas for the next game while they were polishing and finishing the last game, which is true for ALL games.

They don't go into full production until after the last game is released. So XY definitely did not go into production, that is the part that's making the engine and the foundation of the game, until at least right after BW released and things like asset creation and level design until after BW2.

This is the actual reason they do third versions and sequels during this time, because the asset creation teams don't have much to do while the engine still isn't ready, so the people who make the actual content, eg stories, scenarios, characters, maps, and graphics, can easily just work in an existing engine to make a new game really fast.

This is probably also why SM came out so soon after XY: the bulk of the engine design was already done since SM is just on a tweaked XY engine, leaving just coding new features and creating content, and as we know the Pokémon models were made to be "future proof" which reduces a lot of the workload for new games.

So I'm speculating that the Switch game, if it is indeed Gen 8, will be just another enhanced version of the XY engine, so once again the bulk of the work will be creating new assets and content and coding new features. If that's true, there's no doubt in my mind that it'll be out November 2018.

I also personally believe the fact that we get fewer and fewer new Pogeys each gen is not because they want to limit the total amount of Pokémon, but because they want faster releases of new gens with a new set of titles every two years so to make it easier they want to spread their pool of Pokémon concepts over as many gens as possible.
>>
>>32826043
I think they already have the textures in Hi Res but they downscaled to make them fit in the 3DS games.
It would be pretty stupid to have hi poly models but not have Hi Res textures in advance.

I would bet that Game Freak handed the textures to Niantic to make Pokemon GO, they just rewrote some shaders and made the game good to go.

So, I think most of the work for the Switch generation would be to generate the 3D world, landscapes, terrain, etc.
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 229x173px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 229x173px
>>32827197
>>
>>32828454
I mean, realistically some asset creation could have occurred before they finished BW2. Not in an official sense, but in a "one guy dicking around on some modeling software who happens to make a bush, an npc trainer, and a door or some shit that actually gets put in later" sense.
>>
>>32825942
GF probably had in plan to suprise everyone at the start of 2018 after USUM came out.

But you impatient ADHD fucks made just a huge autistic rant GF had to act like an angry parent and tell you to fuck off already because they did buy that present you wanted for Christmas but it was supposed to be a suprise.
>>
>>32832197
>But you impatient ADHD fucks made just a huge autistic rant GF had to act like an angry parent
>Implying GF gives a single, solitary fuck about other countries
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.