[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm replaying BW2 right now, and I'm wondering why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: black-white-2-med.jpg (85KB, 600x351px) Image search: [Google]
black-white-2-med.jpg
85KB, 600x351px
I'm replaying BW2 right now, and I'm wondering why did they ditch all the cool little things the previous gens had? Even Gen 6, with all its flaws, still made it possible to actually do some neat things with your pokémon or customize some places/characters, but Gen 5 barely has anything but battles and more battles. And the minigames like the Musical and Funfest Missions are either boring as fuck or don't involve your pokémon at all.

>Gen 3
>you can grow berries, make pokéblocks and feed them to your pokémon, play with the pokémon on Contests, give them Ribbons, decorate your secret base, play with your pokémon on a jump rope minigame (FRLG only)
>Gen 4
>grow berries, make poffins, dress up and play with your pokémon on contests, give them Ribbons, decorate your secret base and a fancy house, decorate your pokéball, have your pokémon follow you, train and play minigames with your pokémon on the Pokéathlon (HGSS only)
>Gen 5
>can only dress your pokémon up and have them dance while all you do is watch, have regular pokémon battles with a movie gimmick (BW2 only)
>Gen 6
>can grow berries again and get Ribbons again after Gen 5 removed them for absolutely no reason, can feed and pet your pokémon on Amie, raise their EVs with the Super Training minigame, can buy clothes and customize your character, record short animations of you and your pokémon posing, plus most of the minigames and features that were in RSE (ORAS only)
>Gen 7
>feed and play with your pokémon on Refresh, put your boxed pokémon on some islands to train, get items or plant berries, customize your character, plus possibly walking pokémon and whatever other minigames USUM will have
>>
BW2fags only care about battling and plot
>>
>>32818992
Battles and exploration are kind of the lifeblood of the series so expanding on them isn't exactly a bad thing. Join Avenue was also a thing.
>>
Join Avenue and Pokéstar Studios are nice, though the former is no longer active and the latter feels forced onto the player.

For me, I never really cared much about the side stuff. Battles and story is what I mainly want in a Pokémon game, and while BW2 does have extra choices, it excels at the options that I personally want.
>>
Because Gen 5 doesn't need shitty gimmicks to be the best in the series
>>
>>32819273
>Key System and Dream World/Radar
>not shitty gimmicks
>>
>>32818992
>but Gen 5 barely has anything but battles and more battles.
op succinctly explains why gen 5 causes shitstorms on /vp/ every time
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.