[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can Ultra Sun and Moon even compete? Seriously though, what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

Can Ultra Sun and Moon even compete?

Seriously though, what are the chances of PWT return in Alola (and replace the shitty Battle Royal)? Some people say it wont happen because there's no point in making 50-60 human models just for one extra feature.

Others say it would make sense to make 3d models for old characters because they could be very well used in the future like the Pokemon models. Thoughts?

Could you imagine how cool and glorious it would be? Not to mention it would give full teams to Kalos and Alola key trainers (which didnt happen so far)
>>
>>32818941
They already made Red and Blue and the Sinnoh remakes are definitely coming in the next few years. I wouldn't rule it out unless GF switches over completely to Switch and has to make new models for that console.
>>
I wasn't on here when the PWT was announced. What was this board's reaction?
>>
>>32818941
Switch Pokemon probably dulls those chances but really most of the work is done since they just have to recycle/modify a body type. The only substantial elements to deal with are hair and textures.
>>
>>32818941
Also it would suck not to have PWT when so many other BW2 accents ae back in gen 7

>Colress
>Join Avenue rehash (festival plaza)
>double follow up games (so far were only in gen 5)
>Fusion like forms of the main three legends (i know we dont know what these forms are but they're very fusion-like regardless)

Not doing PWT would just be a shame
>>
Funny that /vp/ shits on nostalgiafags but obsesses over fighting the same people over and over in a shitty version of the Battle Tower
>>
>>32819092
Festival plaza doesn't even deserved to be compared to Join Avenue in any way
>>
>>32819401
When you say nostalgiafags, do you mean all walks of it or specifically Kanto and Red/Blue?
>>
>>32819401
There's nothing wrong with nostalgia, the problem is with gen one specifically because of how much pandering it gets in the newest generations

Nobody will complain about features like PWT. But if lets say, alola forms are exclusive to one generation for no reason at all (even megas were for other gens) then it gets pretty bad
>>
>>32819442
This is it.
The Pokemon community itself has nothing against nostalgia.
>>
>>32818941
you know that if gamefreak does bring it back that there won't be any remixes of the trainer themes, right? Like the legendaries in ORAS
>>
>>32819060
/vp/ went fucking ballistic. There was hype all over the first page, and I honestly don't remember anyone saying that it was a bad idea or that it would not be done well. People were already claiming "best Pokemon game ever" just with the announcement.

Drawfags and waifu/husbandofags were also excited for the new official artwork and the fan-made works that would spawn from it.
>>
>>32819442
Gen 1 / 2 are my favs, but this passed me off, why only Kanto pokemon, Alolan Tropius would rock. So much potential just wasted. Hopefully USUM adds more from somewhere if that then Kanto
>>
>>32819524
Also I can't fucking type. I need to edit more.
>>
>>32819401
this
>>
>>32818941
>want PWT
>Battle Tree already exists
>>
>>32818941
>there's no point in making 50-60 human models just for one extra feature.
Even if they were sprites, PWT added new sprites for all Hoenn Leaders and Champions in BW2.
>>
>>32819623
>Battle Tree
>you are forced to play 10 streaks for a Special Trainer to appear

>PWT
>choose the Tournament you want to play and all the trainers are Special
>>
>>32819890
Assuming no redesigns since ORAS, most the work required would just be laying out texture sheets and mapping out the hair.

It's no small feat considering all the possible animations/gestures, but that depends on whether or not they deem the work worth doing.
>>
Yes by having a Frontier as great as the Emerald one instead.
>>
>>32819903
I like the former more. If everyone's special, no one's special. And there's less monotype shit.

Not that the Tree shouldn't have a much wider roster than it does.
>>
>>32820075
This isn't about being special it's about wading through trash. Don't post purchase rationalise like that, it's bad for your health.
>>
I'm quite unsure. Didn't BW and BW2 go off of the gen 4 engine. From that you already have the sprites for Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova trainers already made plus Steven. I'm pretty clueless on the subject though.
>>
>>32818941
I would like the PWT to come back, but for Rivals, (Reformed) Team Admins/Leaders, Elite 4 members and potentially Professors too.
>>
>>32821874
SM is fucking garbage, easily the worst game. I still like the Tree's base setup for cameos more than the PWT's, which despite being in my favorite game, never really did anything for me. Except the Swap Tournament. That was fun, though I would like to be able to do something like it in a streak.
>>
>>32821905
Everyone needed new overworld models. The Gen 5 ones were taller. USUM will definitely reuse tons of SM resources, so there is plenty of time to make models of all the remaining gym leaders and champions.
>>
>>32821979
I'm mostly invested to see Kalos leaders 1:1 models. Rigging those would be interesting
>>
Of course it needs some effort but for fucks sake this is the time when they need to put that effort. Its an upgrade game. All they need to do is add and update stuff.

Id prefer PWT than new POINTLESS Pokefinder spots, excusive z-moves with over 1 minute animations or pointless cutscenes where characters are just waving or saying something pointless
>>
>>32822083
Not to mention it would be a good way of bringing Kalos characters back since we've never re-visited that region
>>
>>32819060
>>32819522
That, and people were joking that Volkner was grinding on Steven's dick.
>>
>>32818941
>Seriously though, what are the chances of PWT return in Alola (and replace the shitty Battle Royal)?
You need to remember that
1: Battle Royal is not only a brand new feature, but it references the culture of Alola in that it is inspired by the 4 Tapus battling eachother. So no, it won't be replaced.
2: Game Freak outright told us that they simply couldn't be bothered to include the Battle Frontier in ORAS because they thought not enough people would use it.

Maybe there will be new trainers added to the Battle Tree, but there is no way they will recreate models for every single old gym leader. Game Freak do not have the integrity or the ambition to do such a thing at this point in Pokémon's history.

Not to mention we also have the famous "empty plots" which may serve is mini-facilities or gyms, which will give Game Freak another excuse to not work on a battle facility.
>>
>>32818941
>PWT

Shitty nostalgia pandering feature. Battle Royale legitimately brought more to the table. I can't believe Unovabortions have the gall to claim BW2's postgame was "good" when all it had over the sparse BW was this gimmick mode and the dumbed down Battle Pyramid clone.
>>
File: GAME REACTS.png (377KB, 1980x1428px) Image search: [Google]
GAME REACTS.png
377KB, 1980x1428px
>>32821954
Ik the moment SM was a bad game, not a bad pokemon game, but a bad game when I started to miss X and Y and I thought those games werre kinda mediocore. I like all pokemon games to some degree but X and Y is just kinda meh as fuck for me and SM can go fuck it self

Should do one of these for pokemon one day
>>
>>32819023
>implying the are going to remakes all of their models for Switch
They'll just use the 3DS
>>
>>32823739
BW2 was also good for the huge dex, challenge mode, the music and characters and story was a cut above the rest. Astounds me how any one can legit hate PWT
>>
>>32819480
Of course not. Nostalgia is a cool enough thing. The problem is when people start shitting on everything because "muh nostalgia" and when Gamefreak starts focusing more on nostalgia oandering than the actual new content.
>>
>>32823751
>huge dex
90% of the new additions are shitmons you wont even bother using in-game
>"challenge" mode
all this did was raise enemy levels and give you more exp, ironically making the game even easier
>music
ok ill give you that
>characters and story was a cut above the rest
stop this meme, bw2 story was just rehashed bw1 with elements of ghetsis being a dumber villain than rse archie thrown in

stop defending bw2
>>
>>32823739
You're trying so hard to fit in your bait inherently stands out.
>>
>>32823770
90% of the dex being shitmons is a lie and you know it. More vairity is always good.

>>"challenge" mode
all this did was raise enemy levels and give you more exp, ironically making the game even easier

u fuckin wut m8? Did you even play on challege?
this is on the elite 4
>https://www.serebii.net/black2white2/elitefour.shtml
Applies to other trainers as well go suck a dick

even if BW2 is a retred of BW1 its still a cut above other pokemon story and characters. Ghetsis wast really dumber I think, its been a while since I played it but even then to say challenge mode was just more levels is fucking wrong.

Stop needlessly bashing on the best Pokemon game
>>
>>32823801
challenge mode failed to implement actually stronger pokemon, more challenging sets, or even a better ai
it made the game even more of an exp orgy
if you legitimately found any difficulty in the game or found "challenge" mode to be anything other than a difficulty downgrade then you are retarded

>Ghetsis wast really dumber I think
"i want to take kyurem to the giant chasm where its power resonates, ill start by removing kyurem from the giant chasm in the first place" is almost as dumb as "i want to make the ocean bigger by taking water out and putting it back in"
>>
>>32823739
>Shitty nostalgia pandering feature.
Celebrating the series' history over all its games is way better than focusing on a few select candidates but mostly the first.
>>
>>32823739
>Battle Royale legitimately brought more to the table
Sure
If you like super short, gimmicky battles with super lag

Literally nobody cares about Battle Royal, not on this board, not on other Pokemon forums/sites, not Poketubers, no one
>>
>>32823841
>challenge mode failed to implement actually stronger pokemon, more challenging sets, or even a better ai

It DID have better movesets, AI and strategies. And it gave the Gym Leaders more Pokemon. Pokemon isn't an incredibly hard game series, but Challenge Mode was more challenging.

>"i want to take kyurem to the giant chasm where its power resonates, ill start by removing kyurem from the giant chasm in the first place" is almost as dumb as "i want to make the ocean bigger by taking water out and putting it back in"
He was using Kyurem for his freeze ray weapon. Can't really do that if he's stuck in a cave.
>>
>>32823973
>>32823739
I would unironically like a Battle Royal option with the PWT roster. Not even a tournament exactly, just the idea they appear in one.
>>
>>32823739

Ribbon fags are the only ones to bother with the Royale.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.