[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how likely is it that the "Core pokemon game" they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: nintendo_switch_logo.png (20KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo_switch_logo.png
20KB, 1000x1000px
So how likely is it that the "Core pokemon game" they're working on for Switch is DP remakes
>>
>>32816066
0%. A new gen is always the first mainline game on a new console. The dp remakes will come out after that
>>
>>32816066
Not entirely unlikely, it would be the second(not counting USUM) game in the Gen 7 format. I can't picture them only having one game for a generation.
>>
0%, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a genwun remake somehow (perhaps as a gen 8 in function but including no new Pokémon and the start of the next gen following right afterwards sounds reasonable)
>>
>>32816070
>I can't picture them only having one game for a generation

They don't though, SuMoUSuUMo is Gen VII

They've never spread a generation through two consoles, and it wouldn't make sense to do so anyway
>>
>>32816075
>SuMoUSuUMo
kys
>>
>>32816066
Nigh impossible.
>>
>>32816070
Why don't you count USUM?

0% chance that the first game on a new console is a remake.
>>
>>32816070
Gen 5 and Gen 6 also only had 2 sets of games

(I'm ignoring your autism about USM not counting)
>>
File: 1483080014311.png (200KB, 570x658px) Image search: [Google]
1483080014311.png
200KB, 570x658px
>>32816070
>not counting USUM because it fucks with my argument
>>
100%
>>
>>32816066
It's pretty much confirmed to be Stars at this point, as several outlets like Amazon accidentally put pre-orders up for it temporarily.
>>
>>32816066
I'm leaning more towards unlikely. I feel like because Game Freak were so hesitant to advance to the Switch the begin with, they'd go in a very safe direction and just give us a 3D Kanto adventure to start out.
>>
>>32816339
Mind that outlets have put listings up based on rumors before.

Wouldn't be surprised if they had the page prepared beforehand in case it was true, and then accidentally let it go live.
>>
>>32816345
Wouldn't the safest route to just do what they always do and start it off with a new gen?

Come to think of it, I recall people insisting that they'd use Kanto as their first game after switching to 3D models.
>>
Its going to be like colloseum
>>
>>32816686
Oh man, I would die for a Colosseum remaster with all of the current Pokemon in it. It's probably one of my biggest pipe dreams in gaming.
>>
>>32816066
It's gen 8. If there's a slightest chance that it's a remake for whatever reason, it would be Kanto because "hey, we need the normies to buy our Switch!"
>>
>>32816075
>SuMoUSuUMo
cringe
>>
>>32816066
0%, they're going to be the first core games of Gen 8, DP remakes will probably come after that though.
>>
>>32816066
Not likely at all. Why are remakefags so stupid?

>>32816686
GF didn't develop Colosseum
>>
>>32816066
Not that remakes don't sell, but for Game Freak to finally make the leap from portable to home console (which yes, Nintendo does consider the switch to be a home console more than a portable), it would be a bit of let down if these game(s) were remakes. Given it's 2018 release, that's too early for gen 8. Especially on the switch since it would still not have anywhere close to the install base of the 3DS/2DS lines. Best bet the final gen VII game. Really it depends on how Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon play out, either sequels or honest detours in the time line with the switch game acting as proper sequel to Sun and Moon.
>>
>>32818033
But with that said, Game Freak has been throwing nothing but curve balls so we'll just have to wait and see.
>>
>>32818033
I would consider it as more of a home console too. I mean, as a Switch owner it's not exactly the most portable thing ever, whereas the 3DS allows you to carry it in your pocket with ease. It's not even the most ideal for long road trips because of the battery life it has. That being said, I'm not really bothered by it at all since I play at home anyways, if I'm going outside it's to be social with friends.
>>
File: switch-DiaPer.png (6KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
switch-DiaPer.png
6KB, 480x480px
I was inspired to make this.
>>
>>32818493
you have a future in mspaint
>>
>>32816068
>Muh patterns.
>>
>>32816339
That was confirmed a scam.
>>
>>32818525
Why would they release anything other than Gen 8 as the first game ofthe console? That wouldn't make sense
>>
File: phermosa.jpg (15KB, 347x379px) Image search: [Google]
phermosa.jpg
15KB, 347x379px
Am I the only one here who wants it to be a Colosseum/Gale of Darkness type of game instead of a core series game?

Ah, okay.
>>
>>32818636
I would love another orre game.

But we're talking about facts, not hopes and dreams.
>>
>itt: sinnohfetuses assemble!
meh

I strongly doubt that they're doing DP remakes, but I can't dismiss the possibility. I'm hoping for a new gen, though.
>>
>>32816066

Going out on a limb here and joining the Gen 8 crew. The Alola Clover has no more games tied to it beyond Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon and I think it's unlikely remakes will start a new Gen.
>>
>>32816066
inaugurating a new console with a remake seems stupid, they're gonna do like ORAS and delay it after gen8 comes out.
>>
>>32816066
Why would that happen? It would still be gen 7 if it were the case, and then DP remakes wouldn't have gen 8 pokemon.
>>
>>32818525
are you braindead?

>hey guys here is gen 8, let's start it with a game that isn't gen8

>m-muh brain
>>
Impossible because no more Gen VII games after USUM and they aren't starting a generation with a remake
>>
>>32818033
Was it actually confirmed to be released in 2018? On the Nintendo Direct they said it might take well over a year until it releases, so a 2019 release wouldn't be out of question.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.