[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any /tr/ainers here who actually dislikes any of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (675KB, 800x778px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
675KB, 800x778px
Are there any /tr/ainers here who actually dislikes any of the first stage starters? Of course I've seen starter hate before, but it's always directed towards either a specific evolution of a starter or the line as a whole. I rarely (if ever) see anyone single out the first stages, so I just assumed they're all liked or at least met with indifference.
>>
Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Treecko, Mudkip and Piplup all look like shit and are shit
>>
>>32815488
Just chimchar and chikorita
>>
>>32815488
Now that I think about it, they're all kind of cute, so I don't "hate" any of them. I do dislike Turtwig, Torchic and Turtwig, though. Torchic, without arms, looks just shit, simply put. It doesn't fit the rest of the line and doesn't have much going for it. Give it wings and I'll be indifferent to it.

As for Turtwig, it's just fucking ugly. Look at that thing among the grass starters, standing there with a what looks like a misshapen face, those stubby, retarded legs with zero detail, the ugly sprout on its head. It's turd, simply put. Most of the things it does wrong, fucking Chikorita does them right. Having a different face shape, being quadrupedal with more leg-like legs, having something on top of its head. All of that Chikorita does better. Compared to those, it's just shit.
>>
>>32815488
Back when they were first revealed I remember Popplio and Oshawott were shat on a lot. Most of the popplio hate died down because anons want to fuck the mermaid but you rarely see people who like Oshawott nowadays.

There's also the big comedy relief meme but thats more ironic shitposting than anything else. Also as the other two anons pointed out Chikorita is dumb
>>
>>32815544
I also shat on Popplio, but it was more because it was mediocre compared to the other two, not because I thought it looked bad or shit. I didn't hate it, I just didn't like it, while I loved the other two. I still stand by that. If liking the other two, but thinking Popplio isn't as good as them is hating it, then I still hate Popplio.
>>
>>32815488
Honestly I thought Alola had the worst base form starters I ever saw, but I ended up warming up to them. Same thing happened with gens 4, 5, and 6 for me too. The only base stage I actually dislike is probably Fennekin, but I'm overall okay with the base starters. I think their simpler designs and concepts kind of help with that.
>>
>>32815562
Same anon. Wanted to add that I don't necessarily see "simpler designs and concepts" as a wholly positive trait because it tends to make some mons more generic/bland and inoffensive at best to me. Rowlet and maybe Charmander are the only starters I particularly feel about this way though, and that's just my own opinion. I don't hate them.
>>
I have no attachment to any of the starters.
>>
>>32815488
i don't really like chicorita, oshawott, and whatever the snake one is, can't even remember the name right now.
fuck the guy who said mudkip is shit though.
>>
>>32815488
Chikorita is eh, but I certainly don't dislike it

Snivy and Chimchar are kind of underwhelming but again not bad

Oshawott is the only one I'd say is pretty lame
>>
>>32815488
Charmander and Charizard are both shit.
None of the first stage grass or water starters are bad, but god, was Charmeleon wasted on such a shit line.
>>
>>32815488
Chimchar and Tepig are fuck ugly, just like the whole rest of their lines. Not a fan of Popplio, Oshawott, or Froakie either.
>>
I used to shit on Popplio until I realized how unloved it was and decided to change my mind about it. Now it's one of my favorites.

But idk, I think I'd choose Bulbasaur as my least favorite just because I can't pin down what exactly supposed to be.
>>
I never really disliked any first starter mon at least until Popplio after being let down so much. Grew to like it, even stood up to it when people hated it, now I can't even bear to see its pretentious fucking snout. "Oh no, I'm so ugly, but that's okay, I'll eventually naturally evolve into a perfect waifu".
>>
Popplio gotten a lot of shit for looking derpy as fuck. I grew to love her when the official artworks were revealed (the one where she traps Rowlet in a bubble). She's got the most personality out of the tree. At least, a likeable non-edgy personality.

I don't get the hate for Oshawott tho. He's adorable. I get the freckles are a bit weird, but come on, his design is cute as hell. No way I'm gonna shit on him just because of some weird ass freckles.

Personally, if there was a starter I were to dislike, it would probably Chimchar.

Chimchar is a chimp. Chimps are annoying. Anime Chimchar needs to be put down. At least his evolutions are cool.
>>
>>32815488
Litten looks like shit and behaves like shit in the anime. It even gets worst with each evolution. Just fuck Litten, worst starter ever, probably worst Pokemon ever.
>>
Everyone used to shit on Popplio until they gave it eyelashes now creeps want to fuck him.

Oddly enough Popplio was my favourite until it went into pander territory.

Funny old world.
>>
>>32815541
Idiot
>>
>>32816309
Stupid contrarian, what an idiotic reason to like something
>>
I'm indifferent towards Torchic and Treecko, but I don't hate them. I think Chimchar is ugly, but I like it's evos. Piplup and Turtwig are boring. Tepig is cute, but I hate it's evos. Snivy and Oshawott leave a lot to be desired, and I don't like any of the Kalos starters. The alola starters are all cute, but their evos are shit.
>>
Saging due to the shit taste in this thread
>>
>>32815488
Oshawott is literally my most hated Pokemon of all time

Fuck that clown shitotter
>>
>>32815515
Literally how can one imbecile be this wrong
>>
For some reason I dislike Froakie and hate Frogadier
>>
>>32817045
Based

Treeko, Chimchar, Tepig , and oshawatt are trash
>>
>>32817120
Fuck chespin also
>>
>>32815488
Oshawatt, but only oshawatt. It's face looks like shit.
>>
>>32815488
Chimchar is ugly as sin, but infernape and monferno are great. On the other hand, oshawott is pretty ugly but never recovers. I don't like litten at all, always felt it was the weakest of the stage 1 gen 7 starters. I feel like most people give it a pass just because it's a cat, which is really dumb to have as a starter on an island region. I don't hate torracat and incineroar, though. Incineroar is the worst stage 3 gen 7 starter, but it isn't bad. A heel mon is pretty cool. The rest are all either good or at worst decent.
>>
I like all starters in all forms bar the monkeys desu
>>
>>32817821
>Monferno
>Looks better than Chimchar

Now here's a incredibly unpopular opinion, if I've ever seen one or at least, one I don't hear quite as often. Even being a Infernape fan, I find both him and Chimchar better looking than the middle evo.
>>
>>32817839
I don't even really know why, t b h. I just feel like it does what chimchar sets out to do much better.
>>
>>32815488

Chimchar looks like absolute shit
>>
>>32815488
Not a super huge fan of Snivy or Litten
>>
File: 1349064356831.jpg (48KB, 369x500px) Image search: [Google]
1349064356831.jpg
48KB, 369x500px
>>32815488

I always pick the better looking starter of the bunch, i don't really hate any starters because in the end they'll evolve into something better

I got spoiled for Moon and Sun, i was meant to pick Rowlett because of how fucking adorable he is, but i love how Litten becomes a heel wrestler so i went for him instead
>>
>>32815488
>Update
I like all of them, but if I had to choose it´s froakie and only because of the bubbles on his face.

Also I still wished that popplio would have become ballio. I didn´t liked it at first, then it was the best of the three and then I was sad it became furbait. Now I don´t care and will use it on my UM playthrough.
>>
>>32815488
Chikorita and Fennekin just dont appeal to me. Beyond that all of them are enjoyable, and Id even grow to love my Chikorita or Fennekin if I had to pick it.

The only third-evo I truly dislike is Popplio's and Litten's. Gen 7 was a bad gen for me in terms of starters, which really sucks because I love the fuck out of their first evos.
>>
File: its a diaper pattern.png (4KB, 56x56px) Image search: [Google]
its a diaper pattern.png
4KB, 56x56px
>>32815488
I don't hate any of the first stages, but problems start to arise once some of them evolve, pic related
>>
>>32816639
could you please at least try to make the game of "spot the owlcuck shitposter" a little more of a challenge? This isn't even a right thread for your bullshit, it's a fucking neutral turf.

I don't think there is a first form starter that is downright hated, unless someone has some bad memories from a nuzlocke or stuff like that. They're the mons the most effort is put into to make them generally appealing, they're supposed to be each generation's cash cows when it comes to merchandise.
>>
>>32815488
I kinda hate Chimchar but not too much. Chimpanzees are boring and it's final evo being based on Sun Wukong was it's saving grace.

Snivy is too chibi for my tastes when its supposted to be a snake and is immensely overrated too(used to be a mememon).

Oshawott made no sense to me back when it was revealed until they shown it had fangs and the scallop on it's belly was a weapon. They should've made its nose less clown-like though. Why does an otter have to have a clown nose? Its if they want people to not pick it as it is such a questionable design choice.

I used to hate Chespin for being a bucktoothed bobble head but it grew on me later on.

Popplio is like Chimchar, and was the only gen I stopped picking Water too. I adore Primarina, but Decidueye being a Ghost type stole the thunder of my starter choice.
>>
>>32819125

The nose is actually pretty on spot. It's an ocean otter, they have giant noses like that.
>>
Chimchar, Tepig, and Treecko all look odd to me. They're not bad though, even if I do hate Infernape and dislike Pignite and Emboar.
>>
File: fso_otter_closeup.jpg (217KB, 1050x700px) Image search: [Google]
fso_otter_closeup.jpg
217KB, 1050x700px
>>32819186
I dunno, they have large noses but not completely spherical and look detached. Its hard not compare Oshawott with a clown. So maybe if was shaped like an upside down teardrop it would feel more "mammalian" ya know?
>>
>>32816309
>can't pin down what exactly supposed to be
It's a Pokemon.
>>
>>32815488
Chimchar, Memefrog, Turtwig, Tepig

those are the only ones I never really liked. the rest is cool though.
>>
Honestly I just don't like torchic or it's evolutions. I like/am indifferent to every other starter
>>
>>32815488

There's plenty that I'm indifferent to, but Turtwig is the only one I genuinely dislike. It's ugly as sin.

Torterra is awesome though.
>>
>>32815488
Imo Chespin, Rowlet, Torchic, Fennekin, Chimchar, Tepig, Totodile, Popplio and Mudkip are desognwise the best in their evo lines.
Though I don't really like Turtwig and Froakie.
>>
>>32815488

I disliked Chespin, Oshawott and Popplio initially. I warmed up to Oshawott and Chespin a lot, but I just can't get myself to like Popplio...I don't know why. Something about it really puts me off.
>>
>>32823643

I love Turtwig because it matures and evolves into Torterra. Wonderful concept for a Pokemon imo.

I don't like Popplio or its evolutions.
>>
I disliked Oshawott at first, but it grew on me. Helps that Samurott is one of my favourite Pokemon of all time.

I'm not overly fond of Chimchar, but Piplup is my least favourite. Might be the like three episodes of DP anime I saw where it just shrieks it's name real high and looks smug and annoying.
>>
>>32818733

Some of the middle evos are really awkward, like Quilladin, Pignite, your pic. Feraligatr is awesome though
>>
>>32816309
As someone who as always liked Popplio, that's a shit reason to like a pokemon.
>until I realized how unloved it was
What the fuck?
>>
>>32816795
Turdfag.
>>
I picked rowlett in moon and ended up boxing it for a shiinotic the gen 7 starters are all just people in fursuits honestly
>>
I dislike chikorita, froakie, fennekin, treecko, and oshawat.

Bulbasaur, turtwig, totodile, and cybdaquil are my favorites.

I like the rest of them.

This is excluding evos, though. I hate several of the starter evos with a passion.
>>
>>32815541

>Torchic, without arms, looks just shit, simply put. It doesn't fit the rest of the line and doesn't have much going for it. Give it wings and I'll be indifferent to it.

The yellow fluff under it's head is the wings
>>
>>32815488
Then the only stage one starter I dislike is Tepig
>>
I don't like starters in general.
>>
>>32817090
I don't know. Since you're the one whose wrong why don't you tell me?
>>
>>32825358
Feathers, not wings. There's a difference.
>>
I don't like Chimchar, Treecko or Chespin. Litten and Fennekin are pretty meh. I like all the others.
>>
>>32815488
You know you have a point. Popplio is by far my least favourite but even then it's nothing on the abomination that is it's middle form.
>>
>>32815488
Good: Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Turtwig, Litten, Totodile

Mid: Chikorita, Treeko, Chespin, grass hoothoot, Pignite, Torchic, Cindiquil, Mudkip, Fennekin, Chimchar

Bad:Penguin, frog, seal, otter (I have nothing against water types, but they are hideous)

WORST: Snivy. It's just such a fugly design.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.