[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Dragon is now super effective against water because the flames

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

>Dragon is now super effective against water because the flames of a dragon can't be extinguished with normal water
Thoughts?
>>
there's better ways of nerfing water.
Personally, I'd like to remove rock's weakness to water, erosion aside.
>>
>>32815289
>the flames of a dragon
1. You have autism
2. Dragon type =\= Fire type
>>
I'd be fine with it. All water mons get ice beam anyway. Water/fairy types would be even better.
>>
>>32815289
>Dragon is now super effective against flying and bug because they can kill a bird or a bug with their flames
Thoughts?
>>
>Uses dragon claw

> flames of a dragon
>>
poison being super effective against water is better
ice being neutral as well
>>
>>32815302
>>32815316
>Mud slap can't hit flying types because they fly over earthquakes
This sort of shit reasoning has been done before
>>
>>32815289
>Bug beats Fairy because Fairies cannot stand the presence of such disgusting creatures
>Just like how Psychic is weak to Dark because Dark types are evil incarnate and their mind if read by a Psychic Pokemon causes said pokemon to go insane to go insane
>Or how Bug beat Psychic because the Hivemind of a Bug type is completely foreign and bizarre in it's incomprehensibility to Psychic pokemon.
>>
>>32815317
>buffing ice offensively
kill yourself
>>
>>32815360
Ice and rock should be SE against each other since Ice can damage rocks in multiple way but so can Rock too
>>
File: normal.gif (706KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
normal.gif
706KB, 500x281px
>Normal is now super effective against fairies because normal people don't believe in myths and fairy tails or at least dismiss them as childish

Thoughts?
>>
>>32815289
That's retarded, the way you worded it makes it even more retarded.

"the flames of a dragon can't be extinguished with normal water," sounds like you're making a case for dragon to resist water, which it already does.
>>
>>32815289
>Thoughts?
Confused on what those are, OP? Have you never had one?
>>
>>32815414
>namefag trying to be funny but just looking retarded
At least you're living up to your potential
>>
>>32815372
>STILL buffing ice offensively and not realizing why it's a bad idea
just end yourself already
>>
>>32815502
t. Virgin Neckbeard
>>
>>32815373
I'm wondering why they didn't do this in the first place. It would've made normal types more valuable.
>>
>>32815522
>namefagging with a girl's name
>calling someone else a neckbeard virgin
God damn, the projection coming from you is so strong you can actually smell it.
>>
>>32815346
Bugs are the servants of Fairies. They should just resist Fairy.
>>
>>32815512
True. Only water gets buffed if that happens.
>>
>>32815555
Normal-type does kind of need a buff. 2 in ubers (Arceus and Kangaskhan-Mega) and 3 in OU (Chansey and Smeargle, with Porygon-Z in BL).

Ice type needs another resist as well. Maybe some kind of defensive move that only they can learn, some kind of Igloo shit.
>>
>>32815594
>some kind of defensive move that only they can learn
Aurora Veil.
What ice needs is actual resists. Preferably ground, flying, maybe fairy.
>>
>>32815346
Another idiot.

Fairies commanded swarms of insects to do their bidding, folktales even put a fairy in command of dragons.

Bug being SE on Esper(Psychic) is basically a pun in Japanese.

Dark is just underhanded the evil type, they outrick the Espers.
>>
>>32815327
Flying types can just fly out of range of mud slap
>>
>>32815619
It should be immune to Fairy.
>>
>>32815886
an immunity is pushing it
>>
>>32815619
I've always felt like ice should resist water.
>>
>>32815905
How come? Ice needs a defensive boost. Besides, myths say that Fairies are governed by winter.
>>
>>32815373
I'm sure fairy types would be nerfed to hell and back if that's the case. A lot of normal type Pokemon tend to use Return as a STAB move so that will hurt pretty hard if it was super effective against fairies.
>>
>>32815741
They can fly out of range of most attacks, whats your point?
>>
>Nerf water
Good
>Buff dragon
Bad
>>
Make poison SE on water
Make electric SE on steel
Make grass SE on fairy

Azumarill is my bro but damn, water and fairy needs a nurf
>>
>>32815289
Literally shit
>>
>remove Fire's Fairy resist and give it to Grass.
>remove Water's access to Ice moves, or nerf Ice Beam to 65 BP and make a new Ice Beam just for Ice types.
>leave Fairy untouched otherwise
Fairy is my 2nd favorite type after Grass because of how bad it fucked Dragons over, pre fairy, 'click outrage to win' was a viable and common strategy, and was annoying as shit.
>>
>>32815634
>Bug being SE on Esper(Psychic) is basically a pun in Japanese.
First time I hear this one. What's the pun?
>>
>>32815289
You're reasoning would explain why Water is NVE on Dragon. Why the fuck would a defensive property affect an offensive property?
>>
>>32815360
>>32815512
>hating ice types
reminder ice is the weakest type resisting only itself and has shit fucking speed/frail
>>
new to pokemon metagame

why does water needs a nerf?
>>
>>32815289
This is unbelievably stupid. There is only one dragon type pokemon with visible flames, and that is Zard-X who is only a dragon after mega evolution.
>>
>>32816602
It is not a broken type by any means, but it has all the tools it needs to fit any role imaginable, being maybe only under steel and fairy in terms of viability.

There are so many water type pokemon that you're sure to find at least one of them to cover every possible niche in the game. We have water sweepers, water boosters, water clerics, water wishpass, water regen, water spinners, water hazards, water stall, water pivot, water weather, water terrain, and many many more. Hell, now we even have a water "shuckle" called pyukumuku.

Water types not only have some key resistances and only two weaknesses, but they also tend to have well-rounded stats and guaranteed access to ice moves, which provide a reliable answer against grass mons. Grass mons are in such a natural disadvantage that some water types have more to worry about from a giga drain volcarona or an energy ball lele than from a fucking tangrowth.

Water pairs incredibly well with practically any other type; I can't think of a single dual type with water on it that has it as bad as rock/steel or ice/grass (maybe rock/water? but all the mons with this typing are either swift swim sweepers, shell smash sweepers, or both). Rain is also an amazing weather condition to rely on, having arguably the best weather setter (pelipper) on its side, too.

Then there's scald. Almost all water types worth using learn it one way or another, and scald-spam has little real drawbacks: fire types cannot be burned but they get hit hard, and mons that resist it might not appreciate getting burned. Mons with water absorb/storm drain (most of which are water types) are good against scald users. Out of the things that resist water (water itself, grass, dragon), two are hit hard by ice beam so there's really no point on using anything other than water to fight water, if you don't have an electric option I mean.
>>
>>32816449
They're bullshitting, your reason seems sound
>>
File: Giratina_M18.png (3MB, 1672x941px) Image search: [Google]
Giratina_M18.png
3MB, 1672x941px
>>32815289
>All dragons breathe fire

Lol, fuck off retard.
>>
>>32817033
I like how Pyukumuku was better at being Shuckle than actual Shuckle before they got rid of Baton Pass.
>>
>>32816592
Stop being retarded. Buffing ice types offensively helps other types more than ice. You want to buff it defensively or respec its mons to all be speedy glass cannons.
>>
>fairy is now weak to Ghost because fuck you
What changes?
>>
>>32817651
Ghosts become overpowered
>>
>>32815346
All of Psychic's weaknesses are common human fears: death, bugs, and darkness.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.