[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They better be good since we're likely getting stuck with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

They better be good since we're likely getting stuck with these until -at least- 2019, since GameFreak probably won't be competent enough to make their first HD games in less than two years.
>>
I'm sure there will be post game content.

People expecting a pokemon game to last 2 years is nuts.

Find some other games
>>
>>32815002
Nintendo japan said the switch games are coming next year
>>
>>32815095
Source? I only saw "over a year"
>>32815002
I imagine there'll be an expanded post-game content, and the move tutors will make PVP more interesting.
>>
>>32815126
Nintendo japan
>>
>>32815182
Yes, give us a link of where Nintendo of Japan said this.

a response such as "google it" or similar will result in the claim being discarded until a link is provided.
>>
>>32815198
https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/b8f5fd97-4b38-11e7-8f53-063b7ac45a6d.html
>>
>>32815278
Anyone here that reads moon able to translate? I don't trust things like google translate.
>>
>>32815278
>CTRL+F 2018
>0 results
>>
>>32815286
>>32815285
It says it will be delivered next year
>>
>>32815334
It says " will be able to deliver it next year from next year", going by google translate, which I can only guess you're using, given the exact wording.

If anything, that sounds like a year after next statement.
>>
>>32815285
>>32815334
>>32815362

来年以降 is usually directly translated as "next year" but sometimes can also be used to mean sometime in the general future that could be 1 to 2 years, so given the context its a pretty vague statement that could mean 2018 specifically or any general time between the start of 2018 and end of 2019
>>
>>32815405
Alright, thank you.
>>
>>32815002
Dont count on it

Its coming just a year after SM and its limited by the 4GB cartrdige (SM was over 3GB already). There's only so much you can do

They will tweak the region, trials and story but in terms of new content you can count on some new Alola forms, excluisvee z-moves, new pokefinder spots and maybe, MAYBE more characters at the Battle Tree

New Islands? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Second region? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Big Battle Facility like Frontier or PWT? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You'll get to "expore" some parts of the existing islands (just like the few meadows and a small cave on Poni were "post game content") at best
>>
>>32815547
>Expecting this level of dissapointment is the norm now
Was it always this gloomy with previous games pre-release?
>>
>>32815547
They said they are planning to add new features as well
>>
>>32815668
Not really, however you have to keep in mind that past 3 games all felt unfinished, rushed and barely had post game. Now we're getting USUM upgrade just year after SM (in the past usually it was 2 years between main games and an upgrade) and you need to realize the realities of the 3DS cartridges. SM was 3.2 GB (out of 4!) and had barely any side content.
>>
>>32815668
Before the jump to 3D stole our hopes and dreams because GameFreak realized they could be as lazy as possible, we had that sense of wonder.
>>
>>32815677
Of course they will say that.

Lets say you can now take pictures in your Pokemon refresh "NEW FEATURE!"
>>
>>32815668
It all started after XY, honestly.

There was always gen wars, but usually pessimism wasn't so abundant.

I'm far more optimistic for USM compared to ORAS or SM, as I actually rather liked SM, and I can't say the same for XY or ORAS. But they do bring up a point, they have a very limited space they can work with, They might be able to fit in a a frontier or equivalent, OR new islands to explore, but it'd highly unlikely be both.
>>
>>32815706
>They might be able to fit in a a frontier or equivalent

They just got rid of triple and rotation battles in the most standard battle tower clone, why would they just re-invent 6 other battle facilities?

As for new islands: Alola is all about 4 islands, 4 tapus, 4 kahunas, even the pokedex icon is a clover. There wont be more
>>
I'm curious about the story

Will it be darker and edgy?
>>
>>32815720
they got rid of them because the game already runs at 10 frames per second in doubles, adding a third pokemon to each side would probably just crash the 3DS.

Things like the Factory, Pike, Arcade, and Castle wouldn't have this issue.
>>
>>32815547
Why expect a second region, Game Freak only did that in GSC and the remakes?
>>
>>32815746
They would have to make more fancy buildings and arenas
not going to happen
>>
>>32815740
Pls no
>>
>>32815746
>they got rid of them because the game already runs at 10 frames per second in doubles, adding a third pokemon to each side would probably just crash the 3DS.
Then they should have removed the trainer models.
>>
>>32815678
Something that can rise your hope, the golf thing is also in there.

But they won't get a 8gb cardridge.
>>
3D models were a mistake. They could have gon with updated sprites and save tons of space on the cardridge.
>>
>>32815547
you know the cartridge limit is 8GB not 4GB right?
>>
>>32815095
Are you sure?
I understood that we are gonna know what games are about next year, but maybe the games are gonna release on 2019.
>>
>>32816127
But the requires format for the SD card has a limit of 4 GB, so if they went past 4, they'd have to make it a physical only release, which is just something you can't get away with anymore.
>>
I haven't been keeping up with news since last Summer or so. Are these like Platinum or Emerald expansions or like Black 2/White 2?
>>
>>32816226
Seems to be more like Emerald and Platinum, not sequels but instead relatively the same game with an altered story that takes into account the third legendary. This is of course just based on a half minute trailer and a couple paragraphs on the official website.
>>
File: 1482036120086.png (89KB, 259x335px) Image search: [Google]
1482036120086.png
89KB, 259x335px
>>32815002
I just wonder if they'll have enough changes to justify buying it
they probably won't but it's not like /vp/ is above pirating it when it leaks a week early again
>>
>>32816229
If anything it will be more like Crystal and Yellow than Platinum
>>
>>32816297
I could understand arguing it might be more like yellow, due to the above notes of lack of storage space, but why group Crystal in with that? Crystal added a story for Suicune and the Battle Tower, I think it can spoken of in the same breath as Emerald and Platinum, even if it adds by far the least of the three.
>>
>>32816302
Not really, Crystal changes were VERY small and the most basic Battle Tower doesnt make it as big as Platinum or Emerald. Story changes were minimal
>>
>>32816314
Certainly its more then changing a few teams around, 3 extra NPCs, and altering the starters a bit, no?
>>
>>32815040
>this
Like do you idiots not play any other games?
>>
>>32816322
Yes but nowhere near as much as Emerald or Platinum.

USUM will mosst likely be closer to Crystal
>>
>>32816329
Some people here unironically only play Pokemon. It would explain why people couldn't handle 2015 when we didn't get a new game.
>>
>>32816348
>>32816329
I play Pokemon (with side games), Animal Crosing, Stardew Valley, Yo-Kai Watch, Dont Starve and other games and i still think Pokemon games are getting shorter and emptier. Last really long game (for Pokemon standards) was BW2
>>
>>32816360
Oh, I don't disagree, XY was bad, even for an introductory set, and ORAS was barely even a quarter baked, and SM, while good but introduction standards, doesn't even begin to hold a candle to the likes of the third games or B2W2. USM is pretty much their last chance to convince us they still got it.

Its just that people need to understand that if they try to play the same game for a year, its kinda natural that it'll start to feel old.
>>
>>32816329
i-i play skylanders
>>
>>32816378
I actually got more fun and spend more time with XY. It has great variety of Pokemon, good places to train and Friend Safari to at least somehow make up for the lack of good post game. ORAS had legends and DexNav which was ok but nothing crazy. SM has nothing substantial post game
>>
>>32816418
None of them had a good post-game, so I wasn't even considering that, honestly. I was concentrating on main game when I said XY was trash but I liked SM. Because in terms of post-game, DP and BW shit on SM multiple times over.
>>
I don't know why you'd set your expectations anywhere higher than the floor after XY, ORAS and SM
>>
>>32815002
So you're one of those morons who think that these games don't start development until they're announced huh?
>>
>>32815002
in less than two years...
I wish they would take longer.
would mean more fleshed out and not rushed.
op, why u no think?
>>
File: 1495421646918.png (143KB, 381x421px) Image search: [Google]
1495421646918.png
143KB, 381x421px
>>32816027
>sets of 60 subimages for front and back views per Pokémon weight less than a bunch of textureless polygons animated by math
>>
>>32816770
GameFreak posted job ads for home console developers barely a few months ago.
>>
>>32817165
Development starts before even making the games.

Creating new Pokemon, new item, new abilities, region, cites, towns, music, gimmicks etc. That's a long process that begins before anything starts
>>
>>32817175
Yeah that is true. All the design documents need to be done way before.
>>
>>32815547
You do know that most of the space are taken by Pokemon models, trainer models, and animations ?
The map doesn't cost shit compared to that
>>
>>32815126
Nintendo Direct also mentioned this. They announced a new Pokemon game for Switch coming in 2018.
>>
>>32816027
Models take more processing power to display, but are generally WAY more economic with cart space.
>>
>>32817310
What?
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.