[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

God i miss DPP so much. >poffin baking mini game >collect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: gen 4 contest.png (341KB, 510x385px) Image search: [Google]
gen 4 contest.png
341KB, 510x385px
God i miss DPP so much.

>poffin baking mini game
>collect items to dress up your Pokemon and put stuff in the background for pictures and contests
>rhythm mini game in the contests
>buy stickers for your Pokeballs to make cool elemental effects or insult others

It's the small things in life.
>>
>>32814029

It had some awful fucking design decisions, like snow/mud/defog/etc. but I still have the most nostalgia for gen 4, and loved them. It might have just been the music
>>
File: 1365411030202.jpg (120KB, 456x359px) Image search: [Google]
1365411030202.jpg
120KB, 456x359px
>>32814029
Poffin baking was an alright minigame to replace the RSE pokeblock blender and the ways they expanded on the Contest performances was alright, but ultimately I was put off by having to relearn everything I knew about the effects of moves in Contests in the generation jump. None of the Pokemon and movesets I used to win the 3rd gen Contests were any good in Super Contests, and I just didn't bother with finding new sets.
>>
>>32814029
>we will get to dress up our mons in 3d
DP remakes better not go the lazy route on this
>>
>>32814080
>>we will get to dress up our mons in 3d

no you won't
>>
>>32814029
Then replay Platinum. The remakes will be fuckawful. Worse than ORAS.
>>
>>32814029
Don't worry. We'll get it on 2019 I think
>>
>>32814029
>God i miss DPP so much.
then replay them. I'm playing a Platinum Randomizer right now and I'm having the time of my life with it.
>>
>>32814063
Just no. All of those added more immersion and depth to the world. DPP is the only Pokemon that truly feels like an adventure, and this is exemplified in the crazy trek up Mt Coronet that plebs hate because waah it's too long
>>
File: masuda (2^2).gif (90KB, 336x418px) Image search: [Google]
masuda (2^2).gif
90KB, 336x418px
>>32814029
>or insult others
This is why it will not come back.
>>
>>32814068
>contests will never be fully fleshed out, no mission mode like in bw2
>>
It also took forever to scroll through the bag. They better fix that shit if we ever get a remake.
>>
How much better was Platinum? I only bought Diamond and never got around to getting Platinum, so I always saw Sinnoh as my least favorite region even if I liked the little gimmicks and minigames.
>>
Super Contests are fucking garbage. Poffin minigame was worse than Pokeblocks. Dress up is neat besides 90% of decorations just being shit like puffballs instead of actual clothing and having no way to dress up Pokemon for battle. Ball seals are good, that's the real shame here.
>>
>>32814029
>God i miss DPP so much.

I don't understand, did you sell the games or something? Just go play them. It's not like they went away or changed for the worse. They'll always be there to go back to.
>>
>>32814094
>Gf tries something new with mt Coronet
>people complain and gen 5 is made very linear

>Gf tries something new with gen 5 pokémon selection
>people complain and gen 6 is full of Kanto mons

And that's why we are stuck with corridors filled with Kanto pandering
>>
>>32814179
>B-BUT I NEED GAME FREAK TO SPOONFEED ME REMAKES :((((
>>
>>32814199
After ORAS? Fuck that. People are going to have their memories of Sinnoh ruined when they inevitably remake D/P (not Platinum lol)
>>
>>32814086
>>32814092
>>32814179

I tried to replay Platinum, but i just can't. It is too slow and the lack of gen6 and 7 features really destroyed all older games for me in terms of replayability.
Platinum, HGSS and B2W2 are my favorite games, but fuck i can't replay them without the comfort of the 3DS games.
>>
>>32814252
So the games aren't as good as you remember them, then. Best to accept it and move on.
>>
I had so much fun with the underground even though it was kind of stupid.
>>
>>32814029
I always thought I was the only one who loved the contests. They were actually a contest, unlike musicals, and we're bunch better than Gen 3's.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.