[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>clearly design a Pokemon around Shell Smash with its low

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 784Kommo-o.png (909KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
784Kommo-o.png
909KB, 1280x1280px
>clearly design a Pokemon around Shell Smash with its low offenses and speed, low BP moves and defensive abilities
>remove Shell Smash at the last second and change nothing else

Is this the most cucked dragon since Flygon?
>>
>>32813620
>Is this the most cucked dragon since Flygon?
Yes but Flygon is still a bigger cuck.
>>
>>32813620
The reason they took away Shell Smash is because Ultra Kommo-o is going to wreck shit and they didn't want it to be too overwhelming.

Watch, it's going to get the Kartana treatment -- shit attacks but crazy stats.
>>
>Is this the most cucked dragon since Flygon?
That's like saying "Is this the most deadly terrorist attack since 9/11?"
>>
>>32813620
it's actually built around dragon dance and Clanging Scales is a red herring
>>
>>32813620
It doesn't have a shell.

It's covered in scales.
>>
>>32814147
>>32814274
There was literally a Shell Smash Kommo-O in the battle tree before they patched it out a couple of months ago. Shell Smash was clearly part of its design.
>>
maybe it actually wasn't meant to have shell smash and the programmers made a mistake in giving it shell smash when it was meant to be some other move?
>>
File: Shell Smash Never Ever.jpg (506KB, 2198x1678px) Image search: [Google]
Shell Smash Never Ever.jpg
506KB, 2198x1678px
>>32815049
This still makes me so sad
>>
>>32815061
The shell smash set in question was programmed to hold a white herb, a common item on any shell smashing pokemon. Explain that.
>>
>>32815049
>before they patched it out a couple of months ago
Seems like it was a mistake that they were remedying.
>>
>>32815071
what other moves did the particular and other kommo-o have? i know all the sets used in the battle tree are posted somewhere online but idk where

but youre right i probaby cant explain that one
>>
>>32815083
Outrage, I think. Can't recall the other two moves. It got patched a while ago.
>>
>>32813620
Is Game Freak afraid of making another Garchomp? It feels like other pseudolegendaries peaked around that point, and they've since been average.
>>
>>32815154
Considering how Garchomp still manages to be one of the best despite years of power creep and the introduction of fairy type, I'd say yes.
>>
>>32813636
Honestly thought Flygon was Bug/Dragon
>>
>>32815154
Hydriegon was good at first after garchomp but the introduction of fairies ruined it completely.
>>
>>32814274
But much headcanon
>>
>>32815049
>>32815080
what if shell smash is a tutor in USUM. That would be nice, they could give it to pokemon like metapod and kakuna and silcoon/cascoon and turtanator and shelgon and pupitar and kingler and samurott and glalie and chestnaught and type:null and...
>>
>>32815291
Im actually shocked chesnaught hasnt got it given its design.
>>
>>32814274
Neither does barbaricle. didn't stop it from learning shell smash.
>>
>>32815321
Hey buddy, do you know what a barnacle is?
>>
>>32815380
What a barnacle brain.
>>
>>32815321
To be fair quite a few things with shells don't learn Shell Smash. I think it's more of a balance issue than anything else.
>>
>>32815154
I don't even see it being OP in VGC (the format they care) or even good. Set Up Swepers are a Singles thing, for the most part. Kommo-o would sure die the turn it tries to use SS
>>
>>32815269
Stop perpetuating this. Hydreigon was merely okay by the meta standards back then and didn't get that much worse in Gen 6.
>>
>>32815545
Wasn't it really good in VGC?
>>
>>32815531
They've still got battlespot singles to worry about.
>>
>>32815545
>had literally NO (0) hard counters in the game outside of lolUbers
>best bet was to check it or get a hard-as-fuck read
>"merely okay"
Spotted the Kalosfag
>>
>>32815570
Do they really care about that?
>>
>Nerfing of the pseudos started with my favorite
It's not fair hydrabros.

But seriously though, how good would Hydreigon have been in its debut if it had those 2-3 extra points in speed?
>>
File: 6cc.png (50KB, 202x216px) Image search: [Google]
6cc.png
50KB, 202x216px
>>32815637
Forgot pic
>>
>>32815554
It was indeed pretty good back there, but still saw a lot of use in VGC14, so the point still stands.

>>32815595
Having no counters didn't matter when so much of the meta checked it really well, if not took advantage of it to do some wallbreaking themselves. By the end of Gen 5 it was hovering at around 5% usage in OU and stayed that way until after the gen 5 ended and old gen players realised spike stacking sand balance + Reuniclus was the strongest team in the meta and started spamming Hydreigon to avoid losing to it.
>>
>>32815637
>>32815643
I'm not sure about its debut, but I'm glad it doesn't have those speed points now. If it was at a flat 100, there's a good chance it would be stuck with Staraptor in BL hell. At least last gen it was the god of UU.
Also, irrelevant sidenote: fuck the people saying it should have been banned, I ran the set that people said made it broken six months earlier, and it was meh then, and it was meh for the suspect. /rant over
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.