[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else notice that pretty much nobody will defend XY, ORAS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

File: 1480284175945.png (144KB, 1919x492px) Image search: [Google]
1480284175945.png
144KB, 1919x492px
Anyone else notice that pretty much nobody will defend XY, ORAS and SM anymore?
Anyone notice how little hype there is for USUM? And all the backlash? Nintendo literally had to do reassure people there will be a Switch mainline game because of the collective mad.

Can we just admit at this point that Pokebarneyfag was right all along?
>>
>Anyone else notice that pretty much nobody will defend XY, ORAS and SM anymore?
People who like the games (including myself) really stopped caring about those daily shitposters

>Anyone notice how little hype there is for USUM?
Yeah but to be fair we haven't seen anything at all yet
>>
>>32812838
/vp/ is the only place any of those games get any hate at all, and people were upset about US/UM not being on Switch, not the content in said games.
>>
>>32812870
This anon is going places
>>
>>32812870
B2W2 had even less info when it was revealed and there was hype for it
>>
>>32812888
They didn't announce XY a week after B2W2 was announced either.
>>
The only people defending SM are like two autistic underage fat virgins on this board, they always use the same arguments and spam hate threads.
>>
>>32812838
The 3DS was a mistake.
>>
>>32812907
Not to mention the premise of a sequel instead of a third version was fresh and exciting five years ago
>>
How hyped do you expect people to be about 20 seconds of out of context cutscenes?
>>
>>32812838
>and SM
I'm defending SM right now by telling you that you are an idiot for bunching it with those two generations, which were legitimately boring.
>>
Because they have to face that 3 games in a row have been lazy as fuck.

XY and SM were rushed as fuck, and ORAS broke the trend of remakes improving on the originals. The idiots who defended them have finally gotten tired of pretending that shit was good. Since they're faggots who weren't around when /vp/ was made and people were going crazy over BW since we were playing it in real time with Japan because of translators and got hilarious stuff like Serebii being exposed.

You're a newfag if you don't have a few Gen 5 Pokemon you call by their Japanese names because you played the translated BW before the US release
>>
File: o0480048112739443165.jpg (104KB, 480x481px) Image search: [Google]
o0480048112739443165.jpg
104KB, 480x481px
>>32812987
>You're a newfag if you don't have a few Gen 5 Pokemon you call by their Japanese names because you played the translated BW before the US release

qft
>>
>The game didn't explain how or why Team Skull was working with the Aether Foundation
Did that person even play the game?
>>
>>32812987
>implying I needed a fantranslation to play BW1 in runes
>implying I didn't do the same through Gen IV as well
>implying I don't call them all by their English names anyways
>implying implications
>>
>>32812870
>shitposters
Criticism isn't shitposting. SM are bad games. Not just bad pokémon games, but actually bad games
>>
I loved SM, XYORAS were legit disappoints though. SM had a well written and cohesive plot and interesting spin on the villain team formula, Guzma, Lillie and the Alola characters were pretty whole and enjoyable for me, even if Lillie had clear waifu pandering latched onto them, most mechanics were improved upon too imo. I can't complain, Trials were a nice break from gyms and the Totem fights actually were challenging for what they were worth. Gen 6 games were awful but I felt like SM was a clear improvement?
>>
>>32813063
Then you're a better man than me Anon. Also I must not of been clear, I'm not saying you have to call Gen 5 Pokemon by their Japanese name. I'm saying that you recognize the Japanese names and slip up sometimes.

The most common one I do it with is Wargle and Ropushin.
>>
>>32813099
mine are zuruzukin, hihidaruma, and sassandora
>>
Because the minority is the loudest.

I like the 3ds games but I'm gonna sit on /Vp/ all day defending the games
>>
>>32813099
Desukaan
>>
>>32813283
Warubiru
Hahakomori
Yanappu
>>
>>32813099
Randorosu, Sazandora, Hihidaruma
>>
>>32813099
Maggyo
>>
>>32813099
Ulgamoth and Vulgina for me
>>
>>32812870
This
>>
>>32813084
None of the Pokemon games are actually bad games.
>>
File: 1474770226230.jpg (426KB, 500x2200px) Image search: [Google]
1474770226230.jpg
426KB, 500x2200px
>>32813942
Then you have an extremely low standard of quality.
>railroading
>constant hand-holding
>unskippable cutscenes
>no realistic failure state
>silky-smooth 10fps
>crippled online interface
>multiplayer balance shot to hell and back
>FUCKING LILLIE
These would be rightfully considered crippling if it was any other modern game. So why does Pokemon get a free pass?
>>
>>32812838

SM had some good stuff. As far as worldbuilding goes, it's really good. Totems, trials, and team skull were great. Solid music. Some great designs, some shit designs. Z-Moves are really neat.

Downside is a lack of content/missing shit from the world. If USM fixes those things, USM will become top tier.
>>
>>32812987
>You're a newfag if you don't have a few Gen 5 Pokemon you call by their Japanese names because you played the translated BW before the US release

No, I'm just smart enough to relearn their names.
>>
>>32814183
>SM had some good stuff.
No it fucking doesn't

>As far as worldbuilding goes, it's really good.
>carbon copy of Hawaii
>world-building
How about an original culture and original myths? You know, like Platinum?

>Totems, trials
Reskinned (weak, half-assed) gyms

>team skull were great
Too bad the real villain """"""twist"""""" got spoiled IN THE FUCKING OPENING CUTSCENE

>Solid music. Some great designs
lol

>Z-Moves are really neat.
No they fucking weren't. They're more power creep, just like Mega Evolution, and they do nothing but fuck multiplayer balance.
>>
>>32813099
It's RouBushin, though.
>>
>>32814247

>Diamond and Pearl
>Unique Worldbuilding

lol how new is this board nowadays

What are you on dude? Totems are an interesting take on Pokemon boss fights that didn't exist previously...

I understand the tentative attitude about designs, but if you don't like the music there's something wrong with you anon.

Z-Moves aren't near as bad as Megas, and z-status moves allow for some creative sets that literally didn't exist before. And the normal Z-Moves are largely gems as implemented in gen 5 that don't actually consume the item and also don't preserve the other effects of the attack. Are you okay?
>>
>>32812987

desu I still call snivy smugleaf
>>
>>32813099
>No meantion od Tabune in the responses
Look at all these plebs and laugh.
>>
>>32814340
The way TPCi translated that was spectacular
>>
nobody cares enough to deter shitposters still
there's nothing revealed from the game

nice try pokebarneyfag
>>
>>32814581
>watching the dub
>>
>>32814606
I played both versions of BW because I couldn't get enough of that gen

Plus, the English patch mons weren't online legal IIRC
>>
>>32814581
Gamefreak has been supplying them with very strict instructions on how to localize Pokemon names ever since the "Wobbuffet" shit they pulled in gen 2.
>>
>>32814622

Explain
>>
>>32814154
>MissingNo is an example of the charm of the originals

Saved to bait nerds on /v/
>>
>>32814652
Sonansu is a garbled variant of the phrase "So nan' desu", basically "that's how it is". It's a reference to some comedian whose name escapes me. "Wobbuffet" is some completely unrelated shit some translator pulled out of their ass.

You know how in the anime, Sonansu will pop up all the time and scream "So nan' 'su" in agreement to something that was said? Or how the various Sonansu in the Mystery Dungeon games always just say "So nan' 'su" all the time and nothing else? The English translations are forced to just have these "Wobbuffet" scream "Wobbuffet!" for no remotely comprehensible reason because some English translator got the bright idea to just make up a name instead of localizing the one that was already there.

I think one of the later Mystery Dungeon games had the "Wobbuffet" say "That's right" all the time instead, but there's still no reason provided for why this is the case.

The fact that Sohnano (From "so na no?", basically "Oh really?") got localized to "Wynaut" even though the "Wynaut" name has no connection to the Wobbuffet one make it pretty clear GF weren't particularly happy about it, and demanded that at least its preevolution's name be localized correctly.
>>
>>32813089
but Pokemon always falls short on its story. Because it's not meant to be a visual novel. That's not why the series got so popular in the first place. The place where Pokemon shines was its unique world (and thus overworld) when it is filled with people and places to seek out with your companions and lore to discover without being completely and utterly vague (think Cinnabar Mansion diary vs. "muh fallers and other dimensions - one happened in the same game and mostly came to a close, the other took 2 games and is unfinished).

However, the past few gens have been giving it the "tune in next time to see what the fuck I'm talking about" treatment (Delta Episode, Ultra Beast Mission, etc) and we STILL not 100% sure what they mean.

The alien sidequest was cool though and was a nice close to ORAS's O power lore. THAT was actually good. Delayed as fuck, but good.

When I finally got to Seaward Cave (that they placed in an extremely random location), there was fuck all there. Like actually. Mt. Mortar at least had a man that gave me a tyrogue for the trouble.
>>
>>32815033
I know everyone and their dog says this but the stories in the games never really needed to be anything more than "kid wants to become the champion".

Not that I don't love all the lore you could find in DPPt and XY, but like you said that works best as stuff you can find instead of being up front, and in side stories that you can go through at your own pace.

All the stuff about "Evil science man goes too far and tries to control nature" is so boring to me and I just don't care, even the stuff with N seemed so overwrought to me but at least they tried to do something interesting.
>>
>>32815134
>XY
>lore
???
>>
>>32812987
>Daikenki
>Jalorda
>Chiirumi
>Sazandora
>waiting daily for progress in BW translation patch
>using japanese dream world and getting exclusive shit
>sending zoruas and HA Eevees through
GTS
>cory in the house roms for DAYS in bw2 release week

Fuck I miss gen 5 so bad /vp/

Cant we just make a server for gen 5 and go back to that time?
>>
>>32814154
saved
>>
>>32815200
You can't, post 2012 /vp/ is tainted by the newfags that've corrupted 4chan in general. It'll never go back to how it was.
>>
>>32815200
>Chiirumi

I'm not even sure what name you're confusing that as the spelling for. Chillarmy?
>>
>>32815219
Yea it's Mincinno. I messed that one up
>>
>>32815245
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_generation_V_Pokémon

Wikipedia of all sites is actually the best source for looking up the original names. Everything is properly sourced, unlike on shitholes like Bulbapedo that make shit up more often than not.
>>
>>32812888
The hype for BW2 was dead. The only thing pushing it up was that anime trailer where they showed the most important things for the plot.

USUM hasn't show us nothing relevant for now
>>
>>32814309
>that didnt exist previously
In the pokemon games? Yes
But shit like metal slimes in dq and other souped up shitmons have been a thing in RLGs forever. If they changed their designs entirely instead of increasing their size and adding framerate crashing auras then they'd have been interesting.
Also the music was nothing special and hasn't been since gen 4. I cant remember a bar of anything but the main theme which is a remix of the Pokemon series theme anyway. There's nothing that sticks in your head like the lake theme in DPP.
Then theres fucking Z moved which are more or less summons from final fantasy.
Like they aren't deal breakers but they dont fell the game in the face of everything else.
>>
>>32815969
>Then theres fucking Z moved which are more or less summons from final fantasy.
They're "moves that can be used exactly once per battle", which has been a thing in RPGs forever. I think Final Fantasy 6's magicite worked like that, but most FF games just treat summons are normal spells that work just like any other spell.
>>
>>32813135
Sazandora was my bro and I remember meming about Hihi.
>>
>>32812838
>Anyone else notice that pretty much nobody will defend XY, ORAS and SM anymore?
Yes. Hype season brings in more reddit than usual. Hype calms down and they go, surprise surprise no one defends shit games anymore.
>>
File: zqCmEqBO.png (84KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
zqCmEqBO.png
84KB, 256x256px
I don't know why, but when they took out super training I lost all motivation to do end game content. If USUM brings it back I might play it because I still play ORAS to do that and horde a bunch of battle ready mons that I put my love into.

That and the fact that my favorite competitive Pokemon still isn't in the game. At least Zygarde 50% is good now, I always liked that mon.
>>
>>32812987
ORAS was, imo, a really good remake. I agree on everything else, but ORAS did not let me down. (except ofcourse Battle Frontier, fuck those guys. But, I mean, It's omega RUBY and alpha SAPPHIRE, so.. BF was in Emerald only.. still, the 'coming soon' ... what a cunts)
>>
>>32814154
>choosing the shittiest pokegirls when Sugi couldn't even draw humans yet
>Choosing Pyukumuku as "Yu-Gi-Oh trash"
>choosing Alolan Raichu over Persian or Golem
>MissingNo is a puzzle
>Moltres as an example of a good legendary
>Kanto cohesive
God I smell the bait from a mile away
>>
>it's the contrarian daily delusion thread!

When will you dweebs learn that your opinions are a minority within a minority? Pokemon games will still sell like hotcakes, and no one outside of vp will give a damn about your opinion, especially not gamefreak. You are probably never going to get the game you specifically want, just give these circle-jerking bait threads a rest already. You aren't changing anyone's mind and we don't need to have this exact same thread every fucking day.
>>
File: 1496427379119.png (306KB, 515x583px) Image search: [Google]
1496427379119.png
306KB, 515x583px
>>32814595
Pokebarney did nothing wrong.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.