[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Gen 5 is released >entire board filled with Hoennbabbies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2735.jpg (90KB, 720x421px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2735.jpg
90KB, 720x421px
>Gen 5 is released
>entire board filled with Hoennbabbies insisting Gen 3 was the best and Gen 4 was the worst

>Gen 6 is released
>entire board filled with Sinnohfetuses insisting Gen 4 was the best and Gen 5 was the worst up until ORAS when the Hoennbabbies returned and later realized the remakes were shit and left again

>Gen 7 is released
>Entire board filled with Unovabortions insisting that Gen 5 is the best and Gen 6 is the worst

>Every time I post this image, people continue to insist "th-that's not true at all!"

Can't wait for 2018 when people start insisting that Gen 6 was the best.
>>
>>32809352
>/vp/
>liking gen 6
hownew.ru
>>
It's correct-ish, but off slightly. The hoennfags lingered well into gen 6, and the Sinnohfags are still around. I think it's more "whatever game was released 9-10 years ago" than "two generations ago".
>>
>>32809352
>Gen 5 is released
>>entire board filled with Hoennbabbies insisting Gen 3 was the best and Gen 4 was the worst
Wrong.
For starters we were too consumed with gen 5 hype that this board had to be created.
Secondly 4 was always hated.
And finally 3 was always a "meh" tier gen until the water trumpet memes.
>>
>>32809352
Zelda Cycle doesn't apply here.
/vp/ claimed Gen 5 was the best last gen as well.
It has more to do with being contrarian, than anything else.
Hoennbabbies were authentic and I miss those gen wars.
I remember getting banned multiple times like in 2012 just from using the term "hoenbabbies".
Arguing with Unovautists isn't as fun.
It's boring.
>>
>>32809352
>Gen 5 was the worst
Gen 5 is the only gen the majority here agree was good. After all its the only gen that we actively played without shitposting partially thanks to Mallow and friends.
>>
>>32809352
>muh hoennbabbies, sinnohfetuses and unovabortions
>y-you can't like those games only because I have shit taste and I didn't like them, otherwise they were your first games! haha I sure showed them!
Stop shooting yourself in the foot and forcing the Zelda Cycle on Pokemon, it's never gonna happen
>>
>>32809438
It does apply to the fandom as a whole, however

/vp/ does its own thing
>>
>>32809352
>MUH PATTERNS
>>32809408
>Arguing with Unovautists isn't fun
Because they're of the correct opinion.
>>
>>32809405
>Secondly 4 was always hated.
The start was, yeah. But it managed to turn things around pretty damn well with Plat and the Gen II remakes.
>>
>>32809352
But Gen 5 is unquestionably the best and the peak of the franchise. Platinum was pretty good too.

Sorry but muh Zelda cycle does not apply here, since we pretty much recognize that the franchise is on a long, slow decline. NOBODY will think Gen 6 was good when the Switch games come because it's objectively bad.
>>
>>32809352
5>3>7>1>4>2>6

anon.
> 5 because of complete new mons, and a great sequel. Also best route design.
> 3 because of nostalgia shit, and having the best world design, also first time with a story.
> 7 game felt for me like beeing on vacation and I unironically liked all the lilie, hau and gladion stuff. Just wished there was more especially regarding hau and gladion, game should have been longer.
> 1 because of no handholding, all this lore everywhere, game is about exploration and not you are the wonder child. Gymns are meant as sidequest like stuff. Legendaries are hidden not thrown in your face.
> 4 great lore and story, great champ. Bullshit dex mons, game is sooo fucking slow, aged like milk
> 2 only great thing about that is red, kanto and it beeing a sequel. Johto is a fucking chore especially island gymn and jasmine, level curve is bullshit, literally only kanto mons.
> 6 memberberries the game.

That´s only pve wise, I never played pvp (maybe with USM, if my 3ds isn´t banned). Graphically/artdesign wise it would be: FRLG>HGSS>XY>SM>BW
>>
>>32809455
Yeah but OP is talking exclusively about this board
>>
>>32809408
Must be because there isn't anything to argue in the first place
>>
>>32809487
>I never played pvp
You're not missing much. Gen 4 was the last good metagame.
>>
The pic is true but all the children on this board still think hating on gen 5 is the cool thing to do so they still try to shit on it trying to fit in. Also Hoenn and Sinnoh were never good. People only like them because they started with those games
>>
>>32809484
>Plat and the Gen II remakes
Perhaps, but those didn't start to be appreciated until deserters grew in numbers and diverted the hate from sinnoh to hoenn, which happened way after the board was created.
What he means is that gen4 was generally hated at the beginnings of the board, without Pt and HGSS having their metaphorical dicks constantly sucked off.
>>
>>32809352
I was screaming for Hoenn remakes in 2010 when I was 15, but after gen 5 ended I think I liked it more than gen 3.

I always liked Sinnoh just fine.

Gen 6 is what I don't like and it sucks ORAS suffered from it. SunMoon also has it's problems, hope USUM fixes the gen.
>>
>>32809428
People seem to hate on BW1 though despite the differences between BW1 and 2 not being all that
>>
Gen 6 has been considered irredeemably shit since ORAS came out (XY was also shit but people hoped remakes or "third" version would fix it) and will continue to be considered such forever.
>>
>>32810703
>implying Gen 6 wasnt the start of InfDev for Pokemon
>>
>>32809408
>not Unovabortions
>>
>>32809352
People thought Gen 5 was the best all the way back during XY. Gen 4 is probably the most hated generation on the board right now, competing heavily with Gen 6/7 for ultimate shitposting. Nobody ever thought Gen 6 nor Gen 7 was the best during those two generations as your autistic picture suggests.
>>
>>32812032
Any generation that is proposed to be the best tends to receive heavy shitposting.

Gen I is the best example. It gets no shitposting at all because nobody is holding it up as the best.
>>
The only part of this that is accurate is Hoennfags being loud as fuck in Gen V

IV and V have had fans and haters plenty consistently since the board opened and VI I don't see the hate it's had since XY lightening up anytime soon
>>
>>32809487
Mostly agree with you, though I would rank 3>5. I didn't like many of the Gen 5 mons. Story was great, though.
>>
File: rhydon.gif (376KB, 416x312px)
rhydon.gif
376KB, 416x312px
>>32809352
I remember back in Gen 6 Kalosperm were claiming "muh Zelda cycle" only hated the new Gen. Now that Gen 7 is out and people are still shitting on Gen 6, you're trying to retcon it to "oh it's already been two generations! Once Gen 8 comes out people will all love Gen 6!"
There is no Zelda cycle in Pokémon.
>>
>>32812583
*always been two generations
>>
Nobody will ever say Kalos was the best. Ever.
>>
>>32810401
BW being story oriented ruined it for me, it may be fun for the first playthrough but after you stop investing yourself it just becomes an endless cycle of entering a new area and needing to skip a fuckton of text
>>
>>32809352
>people still hate Gen 6
>people still love Gen 5 and 4
>it's really because reasons
fuck offerino and stop pretending the pokemon cycle is real
>>
File: 1492669012082.png (469KB, 652x611px)
1492669012082.png
469KB, 652x611px
>>32809352
>Muh zelda cycle!
Skyward Sword is still the worst zelda bar CDi, and HG/SS are still the best pokemon games.
>>
>>32809405
>Consumed with gen V hype
/vp/ was here long before gen V was even announced
>>
Finally someone with a brain who realizes SuMo are gen 6.5
>>
>>32812619
What I've seen going on on this board is:
>Kalosperm try and push the Zelda cycle as a thing really hard
>when a new game comes out the same Kalosperm shout "this is shit XY was better" (which doesn't mean the new game can't also be shit of course) and make threads about how they miss XY
>same Kalosperm then point to their own posts and threads and claim it "proves" the Zelda cycle
They really want people to like their shitty game.
>>
>>32809487
I liked that genV had brand new mons till postgame. I wish that happened more. BW 2 felt like "here is all the popular shit on route 1 with wild riolu even", I was actually dissapointed by that.
I remember people clamouring for gen 3 remakes ever since hgss but I never got the hype. Might be because I felt Gen 3 was a step down from 2 when I played it as a kid.
>>
What is the Zelda cycle?
>>
>>32814185
The theory that the newest Zelda game will be shat on relentless on release but then be hailed as the greatest game in the series when the game after it is released.
It was really only true for a short time in Zelda itself with Wind Waker and Twilight Princess; I hardly ever see people claiming Skyward Sword is good despite BotW coming out afterward, and BotW is pretty much universally praised.
People who really want the newer Pokémon games to be universally loved for some reason claim that they only get hate because of the Zelda cycle despite it never being true for Pokémon.
>>
File: 1223933932913.jpg (209KB, 500x410px)
1223933932913.jpg
209KB, 500x410px
>>32809352
>Gen 6
>Best gen ever

No one thinks this, right?
>>
File: old.jpg (278KB, 377x4900px)
old.jpg
278KB, 377x4900px
>>32814185
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.