[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"To complete the island challenge, young trial-goers must

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: no.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
"To complete the island challenge, young trial-goers must overcome the trials in store on each of the four islands. These trials are not limited to battling with Pokémon. They take a variety of forms, such as finding items or completing tests of knowledge. You will not be able to accomplish them with ordinary methods!"

>defeat 3 wild weak-ass mons
>defeat 2 wild weak-ass mons
>"test" of observation with obvious answers for any idiot plus two random weak-ass battles
>use "itemfinder" dog and defeat 3 wild weak-ass mons
>another "test" this time of the most obvious sounds and again weak-ass wild mons
>use pokefinder and defeat few weak-ass mons (Gengar is ok i guess)
>defeat 2 weak-ass wild mons

Ok totem battles are cool (allthough some are easy like Raticate/Gumshoos, Salazzle, Vikavolt) but the trials suck ass. None of them were even intersting or surprising or even creative. Half of them were also "lol we have a sense of humor see? SEE?!" Waste of time

Bring back gyms and give the gym leaders main Pokemon the totem aura effect
>>
>>32808105

No. Sun and Moon is perfect as it is.
>>
>>32808112
>Sun and Moon
>perfect

Just
>>
File: IMG_0876.jpg (18KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0876.jpg
18KB, 200x200px
>>32808112
>>
>>32808105
This. Walking up to the gym leader was so much better.
>>
Bring back Gyms, give the Leaders teams with actual sets and hold items, then have Totems appear during every dungeon of the game and actually have a decent number of dungeons to go with it.
>>
>>32808112
>EV Training is just like every previous Gens except Gen 6
>SOS Battles are the only way to get HA in-game and after 45 calls it stands at a shitty 15% until 255 calls, where it returns to 0% and have to wait for another 45 calls
>leveling when your Pokémon are 80+ is a hell, because they gain 500-2,000 Exp. Points (and to gain a level you need 18,000-25,000)
>no National Pokédex because no reason at all. The main point of Pokémon is catching all existant Pokémon, why taking out that incentive?
>Poké Finder, while sounds good, it is bad and boring in practice, and the best feature is unlocked when you don't need it anymore
>>
>>32808234
truth isnt bait anon
>>
>>32808330
No National Dex because the guy writing the new Pokedex entries bailed on them for a job at Sega before the game was finished and they already advertised all the Pokemon in the game would have new entries
>>
>>32808334
>he keeps baitin'
>>
>>32808356
That explains the need for a new and improved USM
>>
>>32808356
Sauce?
>>
>>32808654
Yakuza 7's pokedex
>>
>>32808356
Oh wow, thats stupid
>>
>>32808105
No, I want Alola to keep trials. They're an interesting concept, Gamefreak just executed them in the laziest and shittiest ways possible and I have an ounce of hope that they will try to improve on this.
>>
File: d4884.jpg (16KB, 491x258px) Image search: [Google]
d4884.jpg
16KB, 491x258px
>>32808330
>leveling when your Pokémon are 80+ is a hell, because they gain 500-2,000 Exp. Points (and to gain a level you need 18,000-25,000)
Oh my fucking God this. What a total pain in the ass, what was GF thinking? The Plaza stalls don't even help because you need a shitton of FC and grinding that trash is just a mindless slog. For every good feature they add in a Pokemon game 2 terrible ones are also thrown on. No wonder why tons of people inject their mons.
>>
Yeah. It's so much more challenging to skip most of the trainers in a gym or solve a piss easy 'puzzle' to get the gym leader who isn't any more challenging than the totem pokemon, who actually can be more challenging by making it a two-on-one battle. People just don't like change even though they've been asking for a change to the stale formula for years.
>>
I appreciate that they tried to do something different instead of sticking to tradition for the sake of it. But I don't think it worked out.

Having a unique type of battle instead of just fighting an extra strong NPC trainer is a good idea but in practice the totems weren't any more challenging or interesting.

I think for bosses they should do more unique situations involving things other than just straight Pokémon battles, like bosses in other RPGs that often have some sort of gimmick or special strategy.
>>
Kommo-o was the easiest fight in the entire game.

>dragon/fighting type
>in a region where some of the most popular pokemon are Fairy type, including one starter

At least with gyms, it wasn't always just a matter of "just show up with the weakness and win!" because the Leader would usually pull out some pokemon immune or neutral to the most common weakness, like Skyla with Emolga or Clair with Kingdra. About the only fight that was halfway decent was the Lurantis one.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.