[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think USUM will have new Megas and Alolan Forms? Or just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

http://www.strawpoll.me/13228645
>>
Note: In the Battle Tree, Plumeria, Guzma, Mallow, and Kiawe all used megas. However, nobody at E4 or challengers used megas.
>>
>>32807515
I will forever hate Gamefreak if they don't add new megas. In ORAS they introduced Mega Beedrill, Slowbro and Glalie, without giving megas to their counterparts. Then in SM they had all of said counterparts in the Alola Pokédex, most noticably Butterfree. If they don't add Mega Butterfree, Slowking and Froslass, that means they fully well knew they were breaking up pairs and they fully well knew that having them all in SM/USUM would have people expect them to do give them megas, followed by them shitting on our faces.
>>
I'm expecting new exclusive Z-moves for the totems.
>>
>>32807632
t. autismo
>>
> Mega Alola Form
>>
>>32807515
Alola forms yes

Megas no because they are Kalos thing and since we're not going to Kalos there wont be new megas
Inb4
>But ORAS got new megas
Only because it was gen 6.
>>
File: poll - new pokes for Ultra.png (50KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
poll - new pokes for Ultra.png
50KB, 700x500px
Similar poll
>>
>>32807632
Commit sudoku. Gamefreak has been breaking up pairs since forever, deal with it
>>
>>32807911
Maybe no new Megas in USUM but new ones will be back.
>>
>>32808241
Not sure how they'd do it if they want to make them Kalos exclusive
Maybe if next game whatever will it be) would have Kalos in the post game then maybe, otherwise no
>>
>>32807632
If we get these megas ima have a mega erection
>>
>>32808261
All they have to do is say that whatever game introduces new Megas takes place in the universe with Megas. They don't need to keep it exclusive to Kalos.

Plus, and I know this is a very weak argument, but the TCG is still missing a handful of M-Pokemon. I honestly can't see them never getting card versions, so it's something I can see coming back in the future.

Alola forms fall under a broader term of "regional variants," so I'm sure those will be back in future generations. If those come back, why not Megas, too? It's a way for Gamefreak to both delay hitting Pokemon #1000 while avoiding giving cross gen evos (Eviolite bullshit).
>>
To be completely honest we're lucky if we get a few new alolan forms, I higly doubt we will get anything worthwhile except the ebin armored legends and 4-5 forms at best. I hope I am wrong tho
>>
>>32808283
But by not having new ones in SM and Sina and Dexio behaving like its a Kalos thing (again after XY) makes chances for new megas outside of Kalos slim to none
>>
>>32808287
I think we will get like 15-20 new alola forms (but not like 20 different Pokemon families but more like Geodude-Graveler-Golem as 3 new ones) and new exclusive Z-moves

I wouldnt count for anything more though
>>
>>32808289
Since its an "alternate story" just make Sina and Dexio come to Alola because they are looking for some rare mega stones that are rumored to be there. Not that this is going to be the case but it a not that hard to make up some bs to reintroduce old features in new games
>>
>>32808299
The problem with this thinking is that they didnt introduce any in gen 7 despite having megas around anyway. This shows they dont have any plans for that. Of course they can always change their minds but i think they're still want to do new gimmicks and features

Wont be surprised if gen 8 will drop regional forms and z-moves into post game bonus stuff and will introduce something entirely separate
>>
>>32807911
>Megas no because they are Kalos thing
It's like saying that Fairy types are Kalos-only things

For all we know it could well be a permanent gameplay mechanic.
>>
>>32808307
It's probably because they're too busy with trying to push Alola forms than to let new Megas overshadow their novel new thing. I'm sure we'll see more Megas in the new and improved USM now that they've made their point with Alola forms.
>>
>>32807515
>>32807936
I love how everybody is expecting so little from USUM.
>>
>>32807903
What I was thinking. Would they dare?
>>
>>32808347
/vp/ has learned to not get their expectation up, thats good
>>
>"Each time we make a new game, we think of particular theme and of particular elements that would work well with that game," Masuda replied when asked if Mega Evolution might return. "This time we have our Z-moves [but] if a game comes up in future that we think [Mega Evolutions] would work really well with, certainly we'll look into it... But for the minute we don't have any particular plans."

Anything can happen

Knowing how excited people got over new megas, it would be insane to think they won't start again at some point
>>
>>32808339
But that can be said about future gimmicks aswell.
>"they didnt want to do new megas because they want to push XXX". USUM wont have new megas

>>32808325
Typing cant be region-feature, gimmick can
>>
>>32808365
Megas aren't a gimmick, they're a part of battles just like anything else
>>
>>32808376
They are a battle gimmick.

They could've make new megas in SM post game but they didnt. They just gave us few old ones so people wouldnt be too butthurt
>>
>>32808289
I think Megas may be something they reserve for third versions/sequels/remakes. It's a golden opportunity for these, as it gives Gamefreak a chance to introduce "new Pokemon" that aren't really new. It's a good way to build hype for people who may not otherwise get excited.

I haven't played SM since release, but I didn't remember getting those vibes from Sina/Dexio, so I looked up what was said through conversation. It was something to the effect of "weird to be talking about Mega Evolution so far from Kalos," which isn't conclusive enough for me. Not that I believe there WILL be new Megas in USUM, but I think all that would be needed is an extra line to the effect of "it's so weird to be seeing Mega Evolution so far from Kalos," if Kalos would even need to be brought up at all.

>>32808307
They probably didn't introduce new Megas because they didn't want to overshadow both regional variants and Z-Moves. That's why USUM COULD potentially introduce new Megas, as it will be the second set of games to feature these new features.
>>
we better have new megas
>>
>>32808347
>gen 6 has the lowest amount of new pokemon and adds the worst mechanic
>gen 7 adds even less pokemon and doesnt carry the worst mechanic over
>>
>>32807632
Frostlel Slowkek & Butterlol are shit get fucked for choosing the wrong evolution
>>
>>32808295
I would say there will be less new alolan forms than in Sun and Moon, but we will see.

Also, how will the story treat Cosmog this time? Will he already be corrupted? Or is the whole arc discarded
>>
>>32808552
By pure new Pokemon (new names/dex number), Gen 7 added more Pokemon.
>>
>>32808564
lol Froslass got more use than Glalie last gen even without a mega
>>
>Not bothering to add new Megas and/or Alola Forms

Guess I won't bother buying the same game then.

>B-but look at the legendaries

Psh, it's exactly the same shit that happened in BW2. You know what I did with BW2 right after the original BW?

Fucking bored myself to death because I had already played the same damn game.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.