[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In retrospect, I cant understand why this received such a huge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: Pokemon-Direct-logo.png (909KB, 1604x1028px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Direct-logo.png
909KB, 1604x1028px
In retrospect, I cant understand why this received such a huge backlash

We got
>a new mainline game
>a port of a spinoff with added content
>GS on virtual console with Bank compatibility

What else would you possibly want?
>>
Pokemon walking behind me.
>>
>>32806670
>but its a double third version QQ
>I cant afford switch QQ
>but no crystal QQ
>>
not Pokken
>>
Switch fags and sinnoh fags mad as shit.

Stars fags made about nothing. Since USM basically is stars

Talking about pokken for 6 mins and teasing the shit in the beginning did not help at all
>>
>>32806670
they wanted a mainline game on the switch

people let there hopes and dreams go way to far and got mad that they didn't get what they wanted
>>
>>32806670
all i want at this point is anything usum related damn it i feel like if they dont give us somethimg soon the hype will be dead for the game
>>
>>32806682
This desu
>>
>>32806670
It didnt get a huge backlash, it's just the complainers were really loud
>>
>>32806670
Crystal w/ Bank
>>
It's because idiots expected the follow up game to jump hardware.
>>
>>32806767
just inject
>>
>rehash
>port
>port
>WHY WERE PEOPLE DISAPPOINTED??? :(
>>
>>32806690
>USUM gets announced
>REEEE IT'S NOT ON THE SWITCH!
>Less than a week later a Switch game is announced
>REEEEE THEY'RE MAKING ME BUY A SWITCH!
I hate this place so fucking much. Can't we be positive at least ONCE?
>>
>>32806670
More Reggie
>>
>>32806670
Because USUM is more important than the Pokken port, bit they still chose to focus on Pokken and barely showed anything of USUM. It didn't help that USUM looked like a third version rather than a brand new gane or the Sinnoh remakes a lot of us wanted.
>>
>>32806817
>/vp/ is one person
>>
>>32806670

>100% rehashed content
>10 dollars for a rom
>they purposefully left wii u pokken players out to rot so they could double dip on sales
>they strongly imply that USUM won't be sequels, meaning instead of put forth the effort that they did with B2W2, they are just going to change up some dialogue

I want more info on USUM. I want to know how lazy it is, and until they give more info, they can fuck themselves
>>
>>32806511
>>
>>32806851
No excuse, you didn't see the people who complained about USUM celebrating about the announcement here, just people shitposting. Whenever something is done right, faggots are silent.
>>
>>32806670
>Crystal Version with online features
>Legendary Fusions not looking dumb
>Pokebank for Magikarp Jump
>>
>>32806851
90% of /vp/ are autistic kids, so basically yes, /vp/ is one retarded and ass ravaged homo erectus
>>
switchcucks
that's why they had to damage control and announce something at e3
>>
File: 1497045021926.jpg (59KB, 335x375px) Image search: [Google]
1497045021926.jpg
59KB, 335x375px
>>32806670
>What else would you possibly want?
More info on USM.
It didn't have even 30 seconds!
There was nothing interesting, if we had something more than "not a sequel" and "muh legendary in armor", the backlash wouldn't be that big.
>>
>>32806670
>a new mainline game
Yeah, but it only received 30 seconds and no new info, even in CoroCoro.

>a port of a spinoff with added content
Why pay for the same game you bought for Wii U (lol) but with all the Japan-exclusive characters + only 1 new character? This is no bad but it you live in Japan you would be mad about it.

>GS on virtual console with Bank compatibility
But no Crystal, which has the only Battle Tower in the story of the franchise that allows Pokémon that are banned in future games. (Also why only GS instead of the whole Gen?)
>>
>>32808393
>no Crystal on VC
what the fuck? gen I had yellow. They will release it later, I hope.
>>
>>32806670
>New mainline game
Not even a sequel. another visit in alola just few months after SM was releases, implying they didnt have time to work on it very much. Not to mention it was shoved in the direct like something nobody needed

Port
>Nobody cared about it earlier, nobody cares now

>GS on VC
Super exciting..... yaaawn
>>
>>32806670
People these days are big babies who cant stand suspense. They want 4 minute gameplay trailers and story spoilers, and can't bear to sit their ass down and wait a few months. The direct was good but impatient motherfuckers say otherwise.
>>
>>32806886
Big surprise. That's what you get when you gather a bunch of socially frustrated cynics within a very specific fandom which is the only solace they can find in life.
>>
>>32808414
fuck off m8, what they done is purely bad marketing
>>
>>32806679
>>32806841
Bet you faggots didn't complain about Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum
>>
>>32808432
That shit doesn't work anymore these days
>>
>>32808411
See >>32808432
>>
>pokken focused
>barely any USM content

But that's not why it got such a huge backlash.

Nintendrones and switchfags went all out in their whining. They bitched so hard they made GF reveal they are working on a switch game to calm them down.
>>
>>32808432
Do you think much of /vp/'s userbase was even around when third versions were a thing?
>>
>>32808473
I was and I was hype af when Crystal came out. I played a season of flag football just so my mom would by it for me.
>>
>>32806670
>A second version only a year after the first. First was also obviously rushed compared to other first versions
>A port of a shitty game that's not even worth pirating let alone buying at full price
>Something people have been able to do for a year or two now
>>
>>32806670
Some people started with Gen 6 and don't know what a third version is.
Though I'm admittedly slightly upset about Pokken DX because it means we're actually never getting the DLC characters on Wii U despite waiting so long for them.
>>32806817
I openly expressed happiness when USM was announced to be on 3DS. /vp/ is not one person
>>
>>32810791
They should make the DLC for free when DX is released. Sadly, they won't.
>>
>>32806670
Crystal version.
Then it would be kino.
>>
>>32806670
>Splitting a third game into two games.
They don't even have the B2W2 excuse of "it's a sequel".
>>
>>32808432
That's because some of them weren't alive/too young to even know about Pokemon. /vp/ is filled with underaged shitposters. These kids see one or two shitposters shitting on s/m, and are instantly tempted to do it too so they feel like they belong.
>>
>>32808411
>types like a redditor
>is clearly a newfag to the series and doesn't know how these games are developed and probably thinks everything gets rushed
>ontop of typing like a redditor they use reddit spacing
I know you're probably young, so you probably get easily confused. This isn't r/pokemon.
>>
>>32806670
Maybe because fucking Pokken got all of the direct to itself and a new game only got 24 seconds and nothing else
>>
File: 1489282427650.gif (601KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1489282427650.gif
601KB, 300x168px
>>32812414
That's because US/UM are the alternate universes you go to in the post game.
>>
File: 1492916061471.png (13KB, 318x334px) Image search: [Google]
1492916061471.png
13KB, 318x334px
>>32806788
>mfw when I inject the entire game onto my 3ds
>>
>>32813879
>champion is alternate reality protagonist from SM
>>
>>32813853
As opposed to what, an 8 second "trailer" with only the game logos and a release date slapped at the end? Come on, this reveal was much better than the most.
>>
>>32814362
>>32813853
And it was better and more honest than the 48 seconds Metroid Prime 4 "trailer"
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.