[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the hell is there still no option to have multiple save files?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Unaware.gif (1MB, 400x221px) Image search: [Google]
Unaware.gif
1MB, 400x221px
Why the hell is there still no option to have multiple save files? At first, I was thinking it was due to technological issues, but now that we have the technology, I'm starting to think it's just because GF wants your money. Will we EVER get a Pokemon game with more than one save file? Will we be stuck with just the one forever? [spoiler}Will the one on the Switch hopefully have this option?[/spoiler]
>>
dang I messed up the spoiler

but you know what I mean
>>
just another dumb thing gamefreak continues to do in their games for no reason other than "that's what we've always done"
>>
I prefer it because it's more personal.
>>
if I had to guess, they probably think it keeps the integrity in trading
>>
>>32804270
>I'm starting to think it's just because GF wants your money.
that's exactly what it is
>>
>>32804324
How? It's not like you'd be able to trade with yourself through the different save files
>>
File: hahaha.jpg (5KB, 200x250px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.jpg
5KB, 200x250px
>>32804270
dude nicknames lmao
>>
>>32804333
well if you're playing alone nothing is wrong with multiple saves, but the instant another person comes in, the entire idea of worthwhile trades goes out the window since you'd be able to replay secondary save files for free box legends (just as one example), trade them to a friend, then trade them back to your main save
>>
File: 1 game for the price of 2.jpg (21KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
1 game for the price of 2.jpg
21KB, 275x183px
>>32804270
Same reason reason will still have this "A version B version" bullshit.
>>
>>32804400
Sadly this
>>
>>32804400
yeah but it's so easy to trade for whatever you want online, 1 save file really doesn't make sense anymore
>>
>>32804400

But that still barely effects anyone but yourself, and I guess ranked matches but let's not pretend that the top tier of VGC isn't manipulating save data anyways.

So it still just comes down to money for Gamefreak
>>
If multiple save files get introduced, parents will just get their kids to share one copy instead of buying one for each kid.
>>
>>32804331
>>32804400
>>32804523
Ok I get it; it's definitely because GF wants your money
>>
File: 1401224004046.png (170KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1401224004046.png
170KB, 500x500px
>>32804480
>I guess ranked matches but let's not pretend that the top tier of VGC isn't manipulating save data anyways.
>but let's not pretend that the top tier of VGC isn't manipulating save data anyways.
>

That's largely in part due to TPCi's ineptitude and it's something that a lot of players are getting sick of. Remember the Dream Ball Aegislash and Beast Ball Porygon fiascos?
>>
>>32804270
The Switch uses a profile system same as a Wii U does, where saves are exclusive to each profile. So if there's only one save slot, just make a new profile on your Switch and use it for another save slot. People were already doing that for Zelda anyways.
>>
>>32804400
Why not just outright prevent the second/third save files from being online at all?
>Able to skip wifi explanations
>No problems with Box Legendaries
>Can start the adventure over again without losing your rare Pokemon, buying a new game, or being forced to use Pokebank
>Possibly use them to trade Pokemon between save files so that you evolve the trade evolution Pokemon
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.