[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you still play Pokemon? When both the cart games get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: cats love it.jpg (314KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
cats love it.jpg
314KB, 800x800px
Why do you still play Pokemon?

When both the cart games get more casualised and rushed out the door and the competitive metagame gets shittier with every installment from XY onwards, aren't there better games to waste your time on?
>>
I genuinely enjoyed every Pokemon game.

Sun and moon has trash repeatability but I enjoyed my first playthrough.

It's fun to play.

You don't quit a franchise because 1 or 2 shit games out 15 games.

I don't care if Pokemon is popular or not.
>>
>>32804084
>1 or 2 shit games
lol

BW and B2W2 were the last half decent pokemon games
>>
>>32804068
>Why do you still play Pokemon?
>When both the cart games get more casualised and rushed out the door and the competitive metagame gets shittier with every installment from XY onwards

>Everyone has this opinion of mine.
>>
>>32804093
Video games are subjective. So I won't argue what you enjoy. That's your opinion and taste. So agree to disagree
>>
>>32804068
Because it's the most socially progressive video-game series.
>>
Nostalgia. You know this. Stop shit posting.
>>
File: pixiv62099895.png (967KB, 899x663px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv62099895.png
967KB, 899x663px
I love Pokemon and I always have. It's honestly an important part of my life. At the end of last year, my depression was really bad and I was really suicidal and part of the reason I didn't kill myself was because I hadn't finished pokemon moon yet.

I honestly love sun and moon and have played it multiple times. The post game is shit and I understand why people don't like it. I love every game but acknowledge their flaws.

I'm nervous about the new game on the switch just because of how expensive the switch is and I don't want to miss out on a game.

I know it sounds stupid and childish and I do feel ashamed of myself sometimes but I'll never stop loving it
>>
>>32804068
Competitive desu
>>
File: obigoodjobwan.gif (713KB, 480x208px) Image search: [Google]
obigoodjobwan.gif
713KB, 480x208px
>>32804093
>BW and B2W2 were the last half decent pokemon games
wow.
you actually picked the only two games from the series that fucking suck.
>>
>>32806347
Competitive has been on an ever-precipitous decline of skill-less power creep since BW. Platinum was the last enjoyable meta we had before GF decided to go the way of Yugioh.
>>
>>32804068
I just come here to shitpost occasionally.
>>
>>32806381
B2W2 was the best game in the series lmfao
>>
>>32804068
Oh, I don't.
But because it's fun and nostalgia.
>>
>>32806481
it almost makes me sad that people actually think like this...
every time i think the human race is okay, I go on 4chan see shit like that.
>>
>>32804068
There are no alternatives that do it for me.
>inb4 butthurt digifags amd YW shills
>>
>>32806504
But YW is strictly better in all regards. It's overshadowing Pokemon in Japan for a long time and for good reason.
>>
>>32806406
lower tiers are better than ever tho. people focus too much on ubers and OU
>>
>>32804093
>Gen 5
>not trash
leave
>>
File: 1492878737404.png (789KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492878737404.png
789KB, 1280x720px
>>32806494
Then explain why they are bad faggot
>>
>>32806526
Yo kai is over since 2016 dude
>>
>XY - Mediocre in almost every way
>ORAS - Great, but upsetting to Emerald fans
>S/M - Just watch a YouTube walkthrough

D/P remakes could be good.
>>
>>32806530
RU is comfiest tier. UU is pretty cool too even with broken shit like Xurkitree running around free. Gen 6 was one of the best UU's next to Gen 4's, based Kokoloko knew how to balance a meta.

Ubers is actually a incredibly honest tier. Yeah sure, it revolves around P-Don, but there's no pretending that these mons aren't broken and unbalanced. All the broken upon broken checks each other pretty well, and it helps to have so few threats to account for.

As for OU?
How do you like being 6-0'd by random matchup? Greninja? All that can switch into it is... AV Mage and... Porygon2? Lele? There are all of 3 mons aren't completely fucked by it. And so on.
>>
>>32806481
No they aren't. BW is where the series stooped into linearity. Stopped being about exploring and adventure and more about the """"""story"""""" which is really just mediocre. B2W2 is the same.
>>
>>32804093
BW and B2W2 are the only shit games
>>
>>32806592
that's not how you spell XY and SM
>>
File: Pokémon - Gotta Catch _Em All.jpg (77KB, 651x500px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon - Gotta Catch _Em All.jpg
77KB, 651x500px
>>32804068

To Collect every Pokémon, explore every region on Earth and learn everything about Pokémon.
>>
>>32806604
because they are better
>>
>>32806607
I'm the same way, mostly. I really love a chill, laid back game where I can collect every Pokemon I can and keep them in nationaldex order in the pc. Searching, hunting, breeding and collecting are the best part of the game for me.
>>
>>32804068
there's literally nothing else like pokemon
>>
>>32804174
>At the end of last year, my depression was really bad and I was really suicidal and part of the reason I didn't kill myself was because I hadn't finished pokemon moon yet.
Much the same here. Pokémon is THE main reason I don't do just that because I'd miss (as much as you can miss anything once you've returned to the void, lol) not getting to play the next one.

However, I'm not a "fan". I'm mucho obsessed but I'll be damned if it can have my brain like so many calling themselves this term which is short for fanatic for a reason, do.

Just because it's the thing keeping me from killing myself (none of the depression meds out there worked for me, so it's literally the only thing) doesn't mean I won't criticize the shit out of it when they make even the slightest mistake.

A.) No one is above criticism because nothing is perfect and B.) The idea that you shouldn't criticize the things you love would only be put forth by people who don't actually care ecause otherwise, no matter what it is, you'd tell the fuck up so they could stop fucking up.
>>
>>32804068
Is Terraria any better, though?
>>
>>32806562
Look back at RSE and DPPL and realize how wrong this statement is.
>>
>>32806561
In what universe is Lele a Greninja switchin?
That made your entire post look like a fucking joke.
>>
>implying I don't play hundreds of games every year
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.