[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come the Pokemon League never discovered that Giovanni wasn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: Red_Blue_Giovanni.png (122KB, 182x533px) Image search: [Google]
Red_Blue_Giovanni.png
122KB, 182x533px
How come the Pokemon League never discovered that Giovanni wasn't a good person? Did they never investigate about the fact that he was rarely present in his own gym? Didn't they do some kinda background check when he was offered/when he proposed himself for the viridian city gym leader?
>>
>>32803814
>Mayors and politicians corrupt and junk

This is a fucking video game where you put whales inside your pocket, don't look for the logic
>>
he bribed them to look the other way
>>
>>32803814
What if I told you the International Police were always corrupt and let all the plots and world ending junk happen as a show to them
>>
>>32803814
Because pokemon always had shitty half-assed plots?
>>
>>32803814
Considering they let him into the PWT even after he was exposed as a criminal, I guess they just don't care about stuff like that too much.
>>
You would think that someone in-universe would piss a bitch when he showed up to the PWT.
>>
>>32803884

>Implying battle facility trainers are canon.
>>
He was the pokemon equivalent to Yakuza and Japan police and politicians don't touch the Yakuza
>>
File: Mega_Evolution_Act_IV_19.png (616KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mega_Evolution_Act_IV_19.png
616KB, 1280x720px
They clearly don't give a fuck
>>
>>32803814
Maybe they know, they just don't have proofs of it. Remember that Al Capone was arrested because of tax frauds, not because he killed people. And before that, everyone knows that he was a bad guy, they just couldn't arrest him.
>>
>>32803985
Al Capone predated the "RICO" law (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racketeer_Influenced_and_Corrupt_Organizations_Act), which would have allowed prosecution of him for being the head of a corrupt organization even if they couldn't get him on an individual murder charge. If Capone existed today, they wouldn't have had to resort to tax evasion charges.

Giovanni could very likely be prosecuted under such a law, even if there was no proof of his specific crimes. His being the known head of a known criminal organization would be enough.
>>
>>32804054
>His being the known head of a known criminal organization would be enough.
I think that's the point, iirc Giovanni being the gym leader of viridian gym should have been a plot twist. I think that nobody in-universe knew he was the leader of team rocket, even if he was a suspicious guy
>>
>>32803814
They couldn't link him to Team Rocket for some reason. Which is understandable, the player isn't supposed to know this and their boss is shrouded in mystery up until that point.

Logic could dictate invitations were sent to different leagues and Giovanni came at his own accord as one last hurrah and a nod to his son before getting arrested.
>>
>>32803934
This more or less. Criminal rackets in Japan are heavily integrated with legitimate businesses from what I've read.
>>
>>32804453
This. Most of people who played already knew he was the Gym Leader, when that's supposed to be a surprise, actually.

Maybe that's why some people think that the plot of Gen I is bad, because they already knew it before playing.
>>
>>32804904
People think the plot of gen 1 is barebones and straightforward.
>>
>>32804928
>SOME people.
>>
>>32803814
If you read the manga, and paid attention to some of the in game NPC dialouge from Fire Red and LEaf Green during the post game, you will see that Giovanni had ties to just about everyone and everything, and his control was not just over Team Rocket, but the League, some Gym Leaders, and even a bit of the international police, as well as an important scientist or two (Dr. Fuji being one of them).
>>
>>32803814
You have no idea on how the Yakuza works.
>>
File: FEcain.png (88KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
FEcain.png
88KB, 5000x5000px
>>32805234
>If you read the manga
>>
>>32803926
>Who is Palmer
>Who is Annabelle
>>
>>32805270
>>32805234
Aren't Koga and Blaine former Team Rocket members in the game too?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.