[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>GF now launches patches and updates weekly to balance the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: v11.jpg (22KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
v11.jpg
22KB, 400x240px
>GF now launches patches and updates weekly to balance the game including stats, moves and abilities. Like an online game should do.

What changes /vp/? Does it help or not?
>>
No. Too little diversity in strategy and roles and too much diversity in pokemon pool. You might balance the meta, but some shitmons will always be shitmons just because otherwise too many mons would overlap in role.
>>
>>32798801
No, it will be the same as Blizzard balancing its classes. Pokemon will get flavor of the month and swap between overpowered and nerfed each month.
>>
Actually, I hope this thing happen when we move to Switch.
I mean, I'm not excited for that but maybe with those patches the posterior games games can compatible, and that could be nice.
>>
File: 1496863099901.jpg (65KB, 539x635px) Image search: [Google]
1496863099901.jpg
65KB, 539x635px
>>32798801
third versions are now DLC which is what they should be in the first place. It isn't 1999 anymore.
>>
Do you want the game to die? Making different versions of the game incompatible would kill players at school for example. Also people at work. Also anyone like me, who only opens a game once every week or two. Do you really want to sit down and let it update after update every time you want to play? That would make me very, very quickly stop purchasing the games. I hate when consoles update on their own so much nowadays anyway.
>>
>>32798850
OP here, I actually thought this through, what if you have an updated game and I don't, we're at school and then we connect to battle, so, what if my version sends the update contents to yours? It would be like sharing the update and spreading, it's not hard to do.
>>
>>32798958
It'd be less annoying to just disable the update in that situation, Nintendo's hardware is far too shit to do that in a reasonable amount of time.
>>
>>32798801
What a shitty idea. You're basically disregarding the fact that Pokemon games at core are single player games with optional multiplayer aspects. If you want some form of balance just use Smogon rulesets or go on Showdown. And before you fucking quote me and say >SMOGON just know that Nintendo would be far worse if they actually tried to balance these games on a bi-monthly basis.
>>
>>32798958
That simply wouldn't work, it would take up way too much space and take way too long

>>32798983
You can't just "disable the update," reversing it would require time and deleting data, potentially deleting your save file information, and then redownloading said data later on - but without your save data.
>>
>>32799081
Do you not know how 3DS updates work? It's not at all hard to do that, and your save is obviously not part of the ROM, so it will be unaffected by the update.
>>
File: 724Decidueye_Dream.png (56KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
724Decidueye_Dream.png
56KB, 300x300px
>>32798801
>Stat changes too.

100 or 107-110
Speed.
Pleas.
>>
sounds like lots of arbitrary changes just to say they're doing weekly updates and lots of time wasted downloading updates
>>
>>32798844
>GF stop being money hungry and stop doing fullgame retail price DLC.
Not gonna happen.
>>
>>32798844
kek. yeah, coz that'll happen.
>>
File: 1488929989930.jpg (112KB, 643x453px) Image search: [Google]
1488929989930.jpg
112KB, 643x453px
>>32800124
>y-you guys I swear my bro could be viable
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.