[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I played PMD Blue Rescue Team and Explorers of Sky recently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (154KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
154KB, 1920x1080px
So I played PMD Blue Rescue Team and Explorers of Sky recently to be able to compare the two.

Blue Rescue Team was so much better.

Explorer of Sky's characters are just written so. . . Incompetently. . .

Explorers of Sky characters:
Bidoof is painfully Western
Sunflora is that one annoying teen girl
Corphish has fucking turrets.

Blue Rescue Team characters:
Alakazam and his crew are wise but don't show it off.
Gengar is a sneaky little shit who tells lies
Wiscash just sits at his pond telling stories for fun
Lombre is the village coward, but you don't see too much of it.

Let's compare the two games' partners. . .

Explorers of Sky:
Pussy ass nigga who can't be talked to slightly above inside voice or he'll piss all over himself.

Blue Rescue Team:
What? Your kid's in a dangerous dungeon? We'll go get him out!

Also the stories. . .
Explorers of Sky:
OH BOY THE TIME ALL OVER DUH PLACE IS STAHPING AND IT'S ALL EPIC AND SHIT AND HOW BOUT YOU CLIMB THIS CRUMBLING TOWER FOR DRAMATIC EFFECT AND BACK TO THE FUTURE TIME PARADOX BULLSHIT.

Blue Rescue Team:
The earth is being thrown out of wack cause this huge ass space rock is coming. Let's do what we do best, and help the world. We'll go have one of the legendaries try and stop it.

How about the aftergame?

Explorers of Sky:
OH BOY MORE "TEAR WRENCHING" STORY! MORE STORY YOU GOTTA SIT YOUR ASS THROUGH AND GET DONE BEFORE EVEN HOPING TO EVOLVE AND GET MORE SHIT DONE FOR YOUR TEAM.

Blue Rescue Team:
Good on us, we saved the world. Now let's continue helping people, recruiting new friends, and increasing our rank. There's also some new dungeons we can explore, and some optional story to trigger, which usually leads to more progression on our rank, and gets us more recruits.
>>
I can't remember the last time I played Rescue Team. All I can remember about it was getting chestnuts for the Mankey to have them build my team base. I replayed EOS to get hyped for SMD and it was fun but overrated. The special episodes are probably the most overrated part of any MD game
>>
>>32798246
Explorers of Sky is overrated in general.
>>
counterpoint: every PMD is horribly overrated, especially in the story department

Rescue Team characters are non-existent and require drastic leaps of headcanon to take anything from them, Explorers characters are walking catchphrases at best, Gates characters try to be something but are pretty much all sob stories, Super characters almost get somewhere but the generally abyssmal pacing and focus squanders it all with all the characters who get enough time to be likable becoming completely worthless and forgotten with the remainder either being unintentionally unlikable sacks of shit or just shoved in your face too quickly to give a fuck
>>
File: PMD adventure log.jpg (46KB, 644x859px) Image search: [Google]
PMD adventure log.jpg
46KB, 644x859px
Do you love this game as much as me?
>>
>>32798280
Would you rather have characters that live their lives from time to time, or have characters in your face 24/7?

I'm a more secluded person, so I enjoyed the fact that talking to and getting to know most characters was optional.

>>32798290
Don't have DS on me. But I can try and remember what I've accomplished
>Recruited every legendary
>Recruited every recruitable Pokemon
>Evolved every recruitable Pokemon
>Me and my main partner lvl 100
>>
you write like a NEET

are you a NEET?
>>
>>32798318
N-no
y-you too
>>
EoS tries too hard to take itself seriously but fails since every character is a cardboard cutout, unlikeable as fuck, or both. Grovyle is the most bland character that pretty much exists to carry you through the lategame story dungeons, but everyone obsesses over him. Fuck shiny Celebi too.
>>
>>32798280
This, though I consider Gate's story to be decent. I like how they downplayed the partner, so it was really shit when Super did a complete 180 and made the partner the sole main character
>>
>>32798224
who cares both are shit
>>
>>32798224
Rescue team is better with the dialogue and story-execution, but EoS is vastly better in the gameplay department. There are more quality-of-life improvements. I really also find it funny how you don't mention Wigglytuff. He is really well written. I manged to get a few chuckles out of him.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.