[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Haven't played pokemon since Gen IV when HG/SS came out.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: w2.jpg (19KB, 250x225px) Image search: [Google]
w2.jpg
19KB, 250x225px
Haven't played pokemon since Gen IV when HG/SS came out. So 7 years ago. Recently got back into the games and was going to pick up in gen V and slowly transfer my dudes up to modern age pokemon. That being said, I am going into Pokemon White 2 blind as Nuzlocke. Anything I should know? Any mons I should keep an eye out for? Apparently this game is very different than the other DS games.
>>
>>32798185
On Monday, look around the desert. You'll find a rare pokemon there.
>>
If anyone tells you to play White before White 2, ignore them. BW2 are god tier and some of the best games in the franchise, but BW are some of the worst and easily skippable.
>>
>>32798227
This anon is half right. BW2 are god tier but BW are way up there too. The biggest change as far as the gameplay goes is that BW2 adds pokemon from older generations and some new areas.
>>
>>32798214
Nuzlocke, and if I remember that means you can only catch the first pokemon you see in an area.

>>32798227
>If anyone tells you to play White before White 2, ignore them.
Thats exactly the advice my friend gave me so I'm rolling with it.
>>
>>32798241
Just use Repels. Who needs a ground type anyway?
>>
a special poke appears in undella bay on thursdays. don't catch it - it's vastly inferior to the unspecial version that you can raise yourself
>>
Play White first. I don't care what other anons say, BW1 were really good. Also if you care about the story at all then you'll want the context of White 1. Plus W2 is basically a second region for half the towns in the game. They're completely seperate experiences, and both are worth your time.
>>
The first few gyms are pretty tough, especially the first if youre not prepared.
>>
>>32798300
>Also if you care about the story at all then you'll want the context of White 1
Playing games for the story is like eating soup for the spoon.
>>
>>32798314
This, and ten times so when it comes to Pokémon. I can count the number of good characters from this franchise on one hand and none of them are in BW1.
>>
>>32798227
>>32798241
BW1 is fine, you guys are fags
>>
File: 1479593430253.jpg (229KB, 627x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479593430253.jpg
229KB, 627x720px
It looks like the Wifi for older games was taken down wtf?? I can understand I guess, but thats still pretty shitty. I had some mons on the GTS
>>
>>32798364
custom servers exist
http://pkmnclassic.net/
not many people use them though
>>
>>32798375
Wow this is insanity. Don't see myself using them at all but cool as hell. Thanks for showing me, Ill check it out later.
>>
>>32798314
Surely you aren't playing Pokemon for the gameplay.
>>
File: 1494562225697.png (99KB, 289x337px) Image search: [Google]
1494562225697.png
99KB, 289x337px
>>32798453
>he plays pokemon for the plot
>>
>>32798314
Are you seriously such a caveman that you think games can't be used for storytelling? You can create immersive and far larger stories in games than in any other medium, perhaps bar novel series or comic books, but with the added utility of BEING the character in them, for all intents and purposes.
>>
>>32798508
I play for the collecting, but nice try.
>>
>>32798453
Yeah because you know S&M were such great games. Protip: The more story and characters they add to pokemon games, the worse they get.
>>
>>32798509
If I want to be immersed in a story, I would watch a movie or read a book. If I want to be challenged, test my skills against others, or play a game, I would PLAY A GAME. If you don't like that then maybe you aren't a gamer.
>>
>>32798539
I know the perfect thing to trigger you

Musou is my favorite genre
>>
>>32798539
If you want to be challenged then why the fuck would you play Pokemon.

Go and play cod
>>
>>32798539
>no true scotsman fallacy
ignoring that, are you simply ignorant of the thousands of games with incredible stories? From the older jrpgs (Chrono Trigger for example, or Earthbound, for example) to the more modern options (Journey, Shadow of the Colossus, The Last Of Us, the entire Metal Gear Solid series) you have never played a game that wasn't "collect all the points!!" "beat your friend!!!" "complete x objective, good job lol!"
>>
>>32798185
Online features are disabled. Play on a flash cart where you can bypass them through save editing. It's the only way to get berries, dreamworld events with hidden abilities, PWT tournaments, C-Gear skins, and a usable Join Avenue.
>>
File: 1493252528941.jpg (197KB, 1100x915px) Image search: [Google]
1493252528941.jpg
197KB, 1100x915px
>>32798551
I am not offended by peoples shitty opinions because I am not 12 years old.

>>32798562
I never said I played pokemon for the challenge. I am one of those girls who finds grinding relaxing. If I want something competitive and intense, I will play Dota or Warcraft PvP. If I want something to veg out to and listen to music, I will play pokemon. If I want a tale, I will read a book.
>>
>>32798572
Would any of those "games" be as good without the story? No?

Would any say, Harry potter books be good without the games? Yes.
>>
>>32798612
?

What kind of argument is that?

Would any of the Harry Potter books be good without some core component to them? Like I don't know, the paper?

Games with a story focus are using the benefits that a game provides to craft a unique experience from playing them. If you've never given a story-based game a try then you are really, really missing out.

Here's a good suggestion for you desu: Dark Souls. It's a game where you need to be very skillful while also utilising the fact that it's a game to create a very intriguing and creative narrative - one that you will have to play through multiple times to get fully. Plus, it's got a thriving competitive scene if you are too daft to read the item descriptions. And it's cheap nowadays. Pick it up and then rethink your current position, I implore you.
>>
What's bad about BW1? I just finished it recently for the first time and didn't hate it.
>>
>>32798683
The story is annoyingly prominent and the writing is bad to the point of being insulting. No good postgame content.

Basically, they have the same issues that make SM shit, but to a lesser extent. At least BW still have some good level design though.
>>
>>32798580
>>32798697

tits or gtfo, mah dog
>>
>>32798576
I have a flash cart, but I am mostly playing through as a Nuzlocke run then use the game as a means of transferring my gen 4 pokemon up and then into gen 6. Will I miss out on anything substantial in terms of wifi events or what?
>>
>>32798743
Join Avenue working, PWT event tournaments, berries, and a few mythicals which shouldn't matter are the main things.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.