[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much do Pokémon League members get paid? Is it a giant volunteer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

How much do Pokémon League members get paid? Is it a giant volunteer service or is it government/charity funded? How do you even apply to be a Gym Leader?
>>
>>32796453
Fa/tg/uy here, running a Pokemon Tabletop United game. I'll share my thoughts about the subjects, but I'm assuming they're in no way cannon.

Pokemon Gyms and similar are mostly community-focused charities, in a way. They're funded in part by the government, in part by the Pokemon League, and in part by charitable donations. Some Gyms supplement this money by generating some amount of income: charging a modest tuition from students, crafting or creating something interesting, etc. Gym leaders are pillars of their community: to become one, if there is no current local Gym Leader, you must apply to your local Bureao of Pokemon League Affairs and bring with you documentation detailing what you've done to help your community, and your accomplishments as a Pokemon Trainer. Then a written and practical examination. After that you're considered for the position, and the best applicant is awarded the title.

Elite Four members are a little different: after being a gym leader for a specified amount of time and if there is a vacancy in the E4, three other gym leaders must recommend you to the League for Elite Four membership. Then you take a practical exam where you battle the three remaining E4 members: it's not necessarily about winning all battles, but judging your prowess and skill. If you are judged the best among all applicants, you enter the E4. The job does come with extra duties: administrative duties within the League, judging high-profile tournaments. But it also comes with perks: a modest salary from the League, endorsements from companies like Sylph Co., etc.

Gym Leaders and E4 members also get automatic entry into the Pokemon League World Championship every year. Everyone else has to go through both regional and state qualifiers.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.