[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best case scenario: >Story thats balls to the wall compared

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1513.jpg (70KB, 575x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1513.jpg
70KB, 575x300px
Best case scenario:
>Story thats balls to the wall compared to SuMo
>More Alola forms, Z moves, Megas, and Ultra Beasts
>Facilities that help you level up quickly like Blissey Bases
>A real postgame
>>
I think we're gonna get a game that has tons of features. Last games on 3ds I think.
>>
just give me the goddamn gyms back
>>
>>32795625
>wanting more Z moves

They're terrible though.
>>
>>32795625
How good is Popplio line? I kinda want to get it, because I fucking adore Popplio. But Tiger Mask is the best starter. Also if Lillie becomes the Rival my Autism thinks that she should get popplio line.
>>
File: 1468448803618.jpg (56KB, 538x572px) Image search: [Google]
1468448803618.jpg
56KB, 538x572px
>>32795625
>SuMo
>>
>>32795658
this game is still set in Alola, their culture is all about trials, captains and kahunas.

At least they were kind enough to give you a Pokemon League.
>>
>>32795625
>wanting story and more ultra beasts
No, fuck you.
>>
>>32795625
Worst case scenario:
>We've already seen everything that's new in the game
>Yearly rereleases become a thing
>>
>>32795658
This, desu. I've been wanting them to try and break free feom the established formula forever, but somehow they made it even worse.
>>
>>32796753
It's obvious they're going to add gyms. Trials were a failed experiment, though to be fair they should have tried to make them different rather than 'come here and press A'
>>
>>32795625
>more Alola forms
>best case scenario
The best case scenario has Alola forms retconned.
>>
>>32796774
in which way is a gym different?
>come here and press a
>move cursor there and press a
>receive badge and press a
>>
>>32795625
>he wants new megas

megas were a shit concept and should be removed the franchise
>>
>>32796794
It was different because some of them had small puzzles and trainer battles are much better than beating a single wild pokemon. Also, Gym Leader fights can be challenging since they get to heal up their pokemom.
>>
>>32796783
How is it possible to not like alola forms holy fucking shit
>>
>>32796798
Careful with all that edge, you might cut yourself.
>>
>>32796798
Megas for fully evolved Pokemon and starters are fine, but giving pokemon like Sableye and other not fully evolved pokemon Megas instead of evolutions really rustles my jimmies.
>>
I can see new Alola forms and possibly new Megas, but not new Ultra Beasts. Ultra Beasts are separate Pokemon altogether, complete with their own Pokedex number -- Alola forms and Megas are different forms of existing Pokemon.
>>
>>32796822
They are a shit concept and did nothing but fill the meta with unanswerable offensive threats. Same goes for Z-moves. They should've been done away with and replaced with proper evolutions.
>>
>>32796814
Most people don't. It's just recolored pokemon from the first gen made to pander to the genwunners. They offer nothing new to the game. Their typing, abilities and stats should have been used on new fresh pokemon designs instead of the same old shit.
>>
>>32796854
But anon, they will probably make "alola" variants of Pokemon from every gen in the future.

We have over 800 Pokemon by now, giving old pokemon new variants is a better option than inflating the Pokedex even more than it already is.
>>
>>32795625
These and
>SKIPPABLE CUTSCENES
Jesus fuck we get it you throw the ball at the Pokemon and you catch it holy shit.

Also do something to make the Tapus less broken. But seeing as this is GF, they'll probably do something fucking stupid like give Lele Earth Power.
>>
>>32796730
The best starter is Popplio. Water/Fairy is amazing defensive typing as well as offensive coverage. Shutting down Dragons, resisting Fighting and Dark, that's a shitload of priority moves you won't worry about.

Decidueye isn't bulky enough and is weak to Ghost/Dark in addition to all the grass weaknesses. Though Sword Danced Spirit Shackle is great.

Incineroar is slow and is outclassed by Arcanine and Mega-Houndoom and its modest bulk contradicts its speedy offensive typing.
>>
>>32796843
>b-but muh meta
The meta needed to urgently be changed prior to gen 6 and megaevolutions greatly improved it. The solution to their OPness is not to remove them but to include more ways to counter them, that includes new original megas.
>>
>>32795625
there will be some new alolan forms for sure but your bro still won't get anything :^)
>>
>>32796730
Competitively, Primarina > Decidueye > Incineroar.
>>
>>32796892
>The meta needed to urgently be changed prior to gen 6
>power creep is the only way to do this
>>
>>32796854
>it's just recolored genwun
>the only actual recolors are Vulpix and Meowth, which still have little differences

lmao
>>
>>32796878
And why does the number of pokemon matter? I play new pokemon games for the new pokemon, not to see old pokemon recolored. Most people do so too. If we get over 1000 pokemon that is not a problem. Besides, Alola forms don't fix or change the old pokemon, An Alolan Vulpix is not the same as a regular Vulpix, so old Vulpix is not getting the spotlight again, Alolan Vulpix is. Alola forms don't change that old pokemon are forgotten and neglected.
>>
>>32796854
Aren't only two or three Alola forms more viable than their regular forms?
>>
>>32796922
Right, because giving Diglett some hair is that much different from a recolor. Off yourself gamefreak cocksucker.
>>
>>32796921
>things that were never said: the post
>>
>>32795625
new alola forms are confirmed at this point
>>
>>32796854
You aren't most people anon
>>
>>32796968
Not that I disagree, I definitely feel like there's going to be new Alola forms, but where was this confirmed? Don't use the movie hat Pikachu as your confirmation.
>>
>>32796890
>>32796912

But doesn't get the game too easy? I know I know muh child rpg.

But sun was fucking hard thanks to having some disadvantages.

I meant more like is it fun and can you do a good team? Inceniroar is super bro type but I kinda wanna reverse it now.

Oh btw. Do you guys think mallow will again be moon exclusive or will they change that?
>>
>>32796968
[citation needed]
>>
Somewhat related but why are people worried it won't be good? When has a third version ever been bad?
>>
>>32797007
Because we didnt get good games since XY. Masuda and Ohmori are ruining everything.
>>
>>32797007
When has a remake ever been bad? That's right since the 6th gen
>>
>>32796576
I hope that z-moves will not be in gen8.
please let this shit be gen7 exclusive.
>>
>>32796576
I think they're still gonna add more Z-Moves like how OR/AS added more megas. It's mostly because of how Blazikenite was event-only in X/Y but was then more accessible in OR/AS, so I think we'll see something very similar with Snorlium Z (and possibly Mewnium Z, since I don't think you can transfer items via bank, or if you can make a Pokemon hold a Z-Crystal and then trade it).
>>
>>32796854
I do like the idea conceptually since it seems more like real-world evolution rather than Pokemon's version of it.
>>
>>32797007
Yellow and Crystal were pretty bad looking back on it as an adult.
>>
>>32796745
what do you think would happen if you googled "Pokemon S&M"?
>>
>>32795643
>I think we're gonna get a game that has tons of features. Last games on 3ds I think.

I think we wont. Its been only a year and SM felt unfinsihed and had very little content
>>
>>32795625
Thwy will include more ridiculous Alola forms like garfield-persian, wig-dugtrio or long-neck exeggutor and people will be like "OMFG this is so much new content and these are super cool and creative!"

Dont expect actual content though
>>
>>32796774
How were they a 'failed experiment'? Many people loved the trials. They had their flaws (particularly the last one, which was far too simple), but it's good that they're trying new things.

For one, the trial battles themselves had the potential to actually be challenging. Mimikyu and Lurantis paticularly. Even if you were carrying around a Pokémon that had super effective moves you weren't necessarily going to plow through the battle with that on your own.
>>
>>32797017
How can Masuda ruin anything when frlg, rs,dp and bw were fucking good games??

Also I personally loved SM, only oras was shit.
>>
>>32800562
probably some shitty 3dpd taserplay
>>
>>32800610
>Even if you were carrying around a Pokémon that had super effective moves you weren't necessarily going to plow through the battle with that on your own.

I did
>>
>>32800622
ORAS is carried by its huge region and great music, SM is mostly known for its drawn out cutscenes.
>>
>>32797017
>XY were good games
>>
>>32796831
Indeed. No Pokémon without two stages already should've gotten one.

Concept was fine, but they put it into action in a shitty way.

There should be more Megas though, they just need to make sure they don't ruin single stage species with them anymore (and preferably retcon those they did, but the other will do).
>>
>>32800668
>SM is mostly known for its drawn out cutscenes
Cutscenes are fine, even if long assuming it makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is forcing people they know damn well have been playing over 20 years to go through the most handholdingly long opening I'm aware of in a game.
>>
>>32800577
Not to mention we're butting up against technology limitations of the 3DS and space limitations of the 4GB card with it being unlikely they'll start producing 8GB ones at this point in the system's life for what would likely be only these games.
>>
>>32796885
>they'll probably do something fucking stupid like give Lele Earth Power.

Considering the Tapus' species name is Land Spirit, that's not particularly stupid for any of them to learn, actually because like it or not it matches thematically.
>>
>>32800668
>oras carried by its huge region
you mean streamlined oras right? Dude Gen 3 is one of my most loved Gens (thanks to nostalgia), and ORAS just completly streamlined the whole game.

>m-muh cutscenes
literally every pokemon game has cutscenes. ORAS is also full of them. E.g. catching cover legendary then having a 5 hour conversation until you can play again. SM made this right. It was much tighter, the only downsides: no skipping and to less which involves hau and gladio.
>>
>>32800764
Yup. GF couldnt do properly developed region during the 2 year break between ORAS and SM

Its pretty obvious the new game will be tweaked here and there with few more extra gimmicks (new alola forms, z-moves and pokefinder spots) and slightly altered story.

If anyone's is expecting Platinum, BW2 or even Emerald they will be sorely disappointed
>>
>>32800764
whew anon, thank you. You literally crushed all my hopes of this beeing emerald or bw2 thank you.

If that is really the case then I won´t buy these games and just pirate it.
>>
>>32795625
>Best case scenario
>More Z moves and megas

Just stop, please.
>>
>>32795625

The real Best case scenario would be Game freak introducing more new Pokémon in future generations of Pokémon.

Everything else, don't really matter.
Only new Pokémon matter.
>>
>>32800764
Then use the extra SD space like some other Nintendo games.
>>
>>32800814
What do you mean?
>>
>>32800816
>Insert Cart
>Boot game
>Please wait while data is being downloaded

Literally every game does this now, with day one patches on top.
>>
>>32800822
But I think GF is too conservative for that.
>>
>>32795625
Like B2W2, as the last games on the 3DS I expect something special. A revisit to the region hasn't happened in 5 years and I trust them to at least treat it with the proper respect.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.