[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys obtain the Pokemon for your living dex? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: livingdex.png (1MB, 1004x646px) Image search: [Google]
livingdex.png
1MB, 1004x646px
How do you guys obtain the Pokemon for your living dex? I'm planning on doing a living dex where every Pokemon is caught in their original generation, now that we are getting Gen 2 VC ports.
>>
>>32792698
I get them legitimately if at all possible between the games I own, which is at least one for every gen and remake. The rest I gts for, and if it's an evolution line I breed of course. I'm on my 4th Sun playthrough because I totally forgot about cosmoem and silvally after intending to just get everything I needed after my third playthrough.
>>
i inject them
>>
>>32792729
this
>>
>>32792729
What's the point in that though? Your living dex is really only there as an achievement. I get injecting Competitive Pokemon but why inject a Living Dex?
>>
>>32792800
Cuz Im not autistic enough to waste all that time
>>
>>32792836
>He's autistic enough to play pokemon and care about having living dex
>but not autistic enough to 'waste all that time'

Like why do you even care about having a living dex?
>>
>>32792845
So I can brag about it
>>
>>32792698
I completed my first Living Dex in X/Y. I started by hatching, catching, and evolving every Pokémon possible, then trading up the unobtainable legendary Pokémon from Pt/HG/SS/etc.

Since then, in every game, I've obtained every Pokémon possible within the region, then filled in the holes with my previous game's Living Dex. For example, Doduo and Dodrio are unavailable in Sun, so I traded up my Doduo and Dodrio from my Omega Ruby's Living Dex to fill the gap.
>>
File: 27b.jpg (22KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
27b.jpg
22KB, 600x600px
>>32792870
>>
>>32792698
As somebody who is doing the same living dex as you are, be ready for a lot of pain

Also don't do an all one gender version. Kanto is going to suck balls...
>>
>>32792836
>>32792870
you need to be 18 to use this site
>>
>>32792698
Some hints for doing it:

1) Split up your runs of each game. It becomes a major pain in the ass to get them all in one run

2) Dedicate one run to concentrating solely on all the bs evos in a gen - whether they be absurdly high level requirements, having to level up in the rain or while the system is upside down, whatever it is that you find frustrating, dedicate one run to solely those ones for each gen

3) If you are doing a living form dex, learn to hate XY. It takes a minimum of 4 runs to get all the Zygarde you need for the forms, and a minimum of 5 for the Florges. Also learn to hate SM for Silvally

4) Learn how to do arbitrary code execution (ACE) and other such glitches - If you care about having your event mons come from their home regions, you'll need both the Mew Glitch to catch Mew and ACE to change its TID and OT to values that Bank will accept. ACE may be needed for Celebi, depends on how they handle filtering for that. Gen III, if you have a Colosseum Bonus Disc, great. If not, you'd still need ACE to get Deoxys anyways. Gen IV, learn tweaking and swallow your pride with Arceus because the chances of getting a legitimate Gen 4 one that isn't cloned are none. Zero. Zilch. Gen 5 you're just plain fucked on unless somebody finds an ACE code. Gen 6 you might be lucky since they released a fair number of events for that. Gen 7 is fairly laid back - One is given through the QR code and the other isn't even released quite yet

5) Serebii's info is wrong in spots, even for RBY. I even sent him corrections. He never fixed the errors. Use Bulbapedia for location data
>>
I did this in gen 5 in anticipation of gen 6s launch. It was super fun compiling the 649 pokemon at the time.

Also its easy to update per game. I swapped out my leaf green kantomons for rby vcmons, and can't wait for gs to update my johtomons.

If you want to make it more special you can abuse ACE in gen 1 amd 2 to make all of those pokemon shiny. Additionally in the gen 4 pokemon games there is a glitch involving cute charm that allows you to get 1/22 chance for shiny pokemon.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.