[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you like having the game focus be on another character instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 129381938129.jpg (229KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
129381938129.jpg
229KB, 1200x1200px
since Lillie is the true protag of SM with you being more like a side character to her story, nothing you did from taking the island challenge to becoming alola's first ever champion didn't have any impact whatsoever.
>>
Actually, I'm a bit tired of being the """chosen one""".
>>
>>32791299
This, actually
>>
It was refreshing to me. Taking back sit.

6 generations you save the world as a kid. .

I think gen 8 will be back to that formula though. Gen 7 was like orange islands filler
>>
>>32791280
Yes. I don't do self-insert like many pathetic manchildren here getting mad about "muh story"

I just care about the competitive.
>>
>>32791280
Yeah it was pretty fun. I liked how I wasn't the main focus of the plot just by being the protagonist, but more of an ally of the real protag.

Skull and Aether were also much better teams because their roles were more subdued and overall better than the generic "I will use the legendary's power to change the world and kill millions blah blah blah"
>>
>>32791280
lillie is not the main character though. The player is still the protagonist. Lillie is just the driving motor aka the motivation.
>>
>>32791525
The protag is literally just there to battle for Lillie.
>>
>>32791280
I don't really care either way but boy am I sick of legendaries being the main shit of the game. I kinda want something like RBYGSC where the legendaries are hidden and you can go out and catch them if you want.
>nothing you did from taking the island challenge to becoming alola's first ever champion didn't have any impact whatsoever
Well you got strong enough to retrieve Lillie's mom from Ultra Space. And Guzma.
>>
>>32791299
>>32791367
This, basically. I disliked Lillie from the moment I saw her design but I enjoyed the story. It was a refreshing change from other games and added a bit of depth to the journey. It's the first pokemon game where I actually cared about some of the characters, though I do think the writing/plot development needs more refinement. There were a few eye-rolling moments where I just wanted to get it over with.
>>
>>32791559
I'd kind of like one where the antagonist wants the legendary, not because they have some ungodly power, but because they just want a strong Pokemon on their team. That's it. You can catch your game's legend if you want, but it's not required, and is even a bit out of the way. And the legendary owner isn't even part of the evil team. They are just a rival

Bam, game has a legendary that is only there because your dick rival was smart enough to go, "Ya know, this would probably give me an edge"
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.