[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Sun and Moon in 2016 >Ultra Sun and Moon in 2017 >New

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: e21.gif (264KB, 538x302px) Image search: [Google]
e21.gif
264KB, 538x302px
>Sun and Moon in 2016
>Ultra Sun and Moon in 2017
>New pokemon game for switch confirmed next year

are we going too fast?
>>
Blame WiiU being such a colossal piece of shit that actually forced Nintendo to release a New console.

Also gen 7 a shit and I'm glad it will be over quickly
>>
The next game is coming in 2019.
No way they are going to wrap up a gen in 2 years when they could use that break next year for more development on the Switch.
Plus, that gives more time for shit like the anime, merchandise, and spinoffs to sell.
Don't set yourself up for disappointment expecting the Switch title next year.
>>
>next year
fat chance
>>
Over exposure is bad for a brand.

Release usm and release switch game for 2019.

TPC had a increase of 2300% thanks to Pokemon go last year. They are set for a very long time
>>
maybe the gens aren't getting shorter, we're just getting older?
>>
>>32789174
>no way they are going to wrap up a gen in 2 years.
>what is gen 5
>>
>>32789197
Gen 5 went from September 2010 to October 2013, what's your point?
>>
>>32789159
Do you want the switch game to be rushed? Because ending a gen quickly to make way for the next release is how you get a rushed game.
>>
>>32789132
>>New pokemon game for switch confirmed next year

>We JUST STARTED PRODUCTION on a new core pokemon game to be released on Switch, development may take over a year

hmm
>>
>>32789217
I don't think they literally meant they just started, but I do agree that "over a year" probably translates to "2019"
>>
>implying the switch game will come out next year
I highly, highly doubt that
>>
>>32789132
>New pokemon game for switch confirmed next year
[Citation Needed]
>>
>>32789227
Its probably been in development for longer than you think. Plus, gamefreak has more money and a bigger team now. X and y started development before black and white came out. Most of that was probably models. Im guessing gen 8 started development in 2015 when they didn't release anything
>>
>>32789217
It takes them around 3-4 years to make a 3DS game, no way in hell are they gonna make a switch game in just over a year.
>>
>>32789225

they literally just started working on it. In fact, I bet the whole thing was just made up at the last minute due to response from the backlash from USM.

It's like when nintendo announced smash bros. melee before telling sakurai or even starting work on it.

Guarantee you there were NO plans for a pokemon switch game until a few weeks ago
>>
>>32789132
I thought he said they were going to start producing it in 2018?
>>
>>32789369
He said that it may not be releaded in a year. He said it was already in development
>>
>>32789344
There is a small chance that they just started planning out the game, yes, but you honestly think the development team wasn't planning to put gen 8 on the Switch, you're retarded.
>>
>>32789197
>3 years
Filthy gaijin.
>>
File: 1497053581001.gif (607KB, 187x220px) Image search: [Google]
1497053581001.gif
607KB, 187x220px
>>32789174
You underestimate GF's autism. I'm sure they received their Switch dev kits years ago and conceptual stages are over now. It literally wouldn't phase me if Gen 8 was announced the first few months of 2018
>>
>>32789132
>2018 is a break year
>2019 winter release

Screencap this post
>>
>>32789217
You guys are misunderstanding. The official twitter account straightened out what he was trying to say. He meant that we won't be hearing anything about the Switch title until next year. Going off when the Switch dev kits were given out, which was just in like November of 2026, it's easy to understand why they aren't showing anything off just yet.
>>
>>32789344
There were job listings by GameFreak for help in developing a Pokémon title for the Switch early this year. They've obviously been planning it for a while.
>>
>>32789426
>like November of 2026
What's the DP remakes like? Does Morimoto return?
>>
>>32789482
No, we have the new Switch 23DSiU Lite and the only game is Zelda BotW remake
>>
They said "possibly next year." It'll be two or three knowing Game Freak.
>>
>>32789441
They probably plan out the new Pokemon, cities, routes, character designs of everybody, music. Location of what country should be based out of, features

Before they even start developing the games
>>
>>32789583
>they probably start developing the games before they even start developing the games

you realize what you just said right? Or does planning and creating characters not equal development to you?
>>
File: desire for death.png (225KB, 360x423px) Image search: [Google]
desire for death.png
225KB, 360x423px
>>32789132
Yes. But we're almost always going too fast.
One game per two years should be the norm but Game Freak knows pumping out low quality games yearly is more profitable.
>>
>>32789703
Good thing every game since Platinum has been quality entertainment
>>
I'm guessing Switch will come out early 2019, like January or something
Isn't that the usual length of a generation?
>>
>>32789771
>implying XY were quality.

>possibly implying Platinum wasn't

I have no further complaints beyond that.
>>
>>32789813
They might announce it for January like x and y did or February like sun and moon did but holidays or September when it releases
>>
>>32789813
The way they're doing it now is a late Q4 release, or around November. This is a good time frame to announce it and have a good pre release season all year for a new gen. I doubt they'll release it in the first month
>>
>>32789771
As the person you're replying to, I greatly disagree. Everything from XY onward has been unenjoyable. It's not that I've grown out of Pokémon either because I can enjoy playing the older games and even enjoy some fangames like Prism, there's just been a sharp decline in quality since they started making 3DS games, and I doubt moving to the Switch will fix it either unless they really change up their design philosophy and stop pandering to "muh mobile generation"
>>
>>32790206
I have to disagree with gen 7 at least. gen 6 was kinda trash, but SM actually fixed many of the issues gen 6 introduced.

With that said, USM will be the true decider of where gen 7 lands. SM was fun, but I also judged it as an introduction set of games, it doesn't hold a candle to the likes of Platinum, HGSS, or B2W2, USM needs to prove they can still make games like them.
>>
>>32790247
SM did fix many of those issues, I actually agree. I still didn't enjoy them, though, because they worsened several key issues in the process, those being shoving the story in the players face via constant interruptions and making the game even more linear with roadblocks and railroading.
USM does have a chance to redeem Gen 7 if (and that's a big if) it corrects these two issues, or even just the first since I consider that a lot more important, though, I will concede there.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.