[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who's more viable competitively though? Will Liquid Voice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

File: 4d9.jpg (412KB, 1000x769px) Image search: [Google]
4d9.jpg
412KB, 1000x769px
Who's more viable competitively though?
Will Liquid Voice Primarina bump her usage and outshine Decidueye or will Decidueye's niche make him more viable across tiers?
>>
File: 1497528542051.png (237KB, 691x650px) Image search: [Google]
1497528542051.png
237KB, 691x650px
Or we could all just keep shitposting.
That's fine.
>>
Battle Spot Singles:
Primarina #21
Decidueye: #133
Incineroar: #178

Battle Spot Doubles:
Primarina: #70
Incineroar: #74 (dunno why Primarina has more)
Decidueye: #191

Smogon:
Primarina: A Rank in UU, C+ in OU
Decidueye: C+ Rank in UU
Incineroar: PU

Hidden Abilities aren't gonna do shit for Primarina and Decidueye, but they are gonna greatly increase Incineroar's usage in Doubles.
>>
>her
>him
>>
>>32789030
>Hidden Abilities aren't gonna do shit for Primarina and Decidueye, but they are gonna greatly increase Incineroar's usage in Doubles.
Stop with the headcanons you bara
>>
>>32789030
>it's a "LE INTIMIDATE WILL MAKE INCINEROAR VIABLE IN NU/RU/UU/DOUBLES/VGC/MORE IRRELEVANT METAS" meme post
Please shut the fuck up about Shitimidate. It's an useless ability on Incineroar, we have already made that clear.
>>
>>32789043
>>32789065
This, sadly. Intimidate Arcanine already exists, has better stats and moveset, and still isn't that good.
>>
>>32789030
Hyper Voice is better than Surf since it lets her bypass Substitute. It's hardly a buff but it's a thing.

And while Decidueye might be lower in viability rankings he cannot be outclassed in his role.
>>
>>32789043
Don't worry, no one cares about Doubles
>>
>>32789087
>Hyper Voice is better than Surf since it lets her bypass Substitute. It's hardly a buff but it's a thing.
For the last time:
Sparkling Aria already does that and Torrent is actually useful
>>
>>32789087
>>32789094
I know no one cares about doubles, but unlike Sparkling Aria and Surf, Hyper voice doesn't hit your ally
>>
File: 1497323219123.jpg (23KB, 380x300px) Image search: [Google]
1497323219123.jpg
23KB, 380x300px
>>32789094
>For the last time
When was the first time?

>Sparkling Aria already does that and Torrent is actually useful
Thanks for healing my Latias', Scizor's, Primarina's, Blastoise's, Hydreigon's, Amoonguss', Slowbro's, Tentacruel's, Empoleon's Burn.

>Torrent is actually useful
Yeah, if something either puts you under 33.3% and plant to hit with a Water type move in the same turn or if you outspeed with your 240 Speed and are at 33.3%, again, planning to hit it with a Water type move.
>>
>>32789195
>When was the first time?
Two days ago, maybe yesterday
>Thanks for healing my Latias', Scizor's, Primarina's, Blastoise's, Hydreigon's, Amoonguss', Slowbro's, Tentacruel's, Empoleon's Burn.
Who uses Sparkling Aria in UU? It's obviously used on Battle Spot where Oceanic Operetta wrecks everything. Going through subs in UU is nice for stuff like Gliscor, but if you have something that can burn in your team (or even if you have not, really) you are gonna prefer Scald or Hydro Pump there.
>Yeah, if something either puts you under 33.3% and plant to hit with a Water type move in the same turn or if you outspeed with your 240 Speed and are at 33.3%, again, planning to hit it with a Water type move.
It's pretty nice, Torrent won me a handful of battle because Primarina can survive most SE hits with a bit of HP investment. Liquid Voice, on the other hand, is garbage.
It's thanks to Torrent and Aqua Jet that Primarina can 1v1 almost everything and has an a super-high ranking in the 1v1 meta. Again, this is more useful for Battle Spot than UU.
>>
>>32789230
All I can say is.
>Battle Spot Singles
>1v1

When I said "competitively" I meant in real formats.
If Buzzwole is still in UU by the time Primarina has access to Liquid Voice I can easily see Hyper Voice Primarina over Scald Primarina for Sub bypassing.

Not to mention, Doubles/VGC.
Although the VGC ruleset will probably include Megas/legendaries by then.
>>
>>32789257
>I meant in real formats
>immediately talks about smogon tiers
I didn't know showdown was more official than battlespot
>>
>>32789087
>And while Decidueye might be lower in viability rankings he cannot be outclassed in his role.
Tsareena is a better grass type hazard remover
>>
>>32789043
>>32789065
Aaaaaw owlcucks are mad that Incineroar's gonna rise above them while Decidushit keeps dropping.

Go wear your fursuits, owlcucks!
>>
>>32789304
That's not Decidueye's role. It's main role is set up and trapping.
>>
>>32789304
being able to protect your own hazards from spinners is something tsareena can't do at all though
>>
File: 1468117672027.png (191KB, 465x305px) Image search: [Google]
1468117672027.png
191KB, 465x305px
>>32789293
>muh developer's intent
Yeah, because the suits at GameFreak definitely design those metagames with balanced and fair gameplay in mind, and actually caring about the viability of other Pokemon.

>>32789304
>hazard remover
That is not Decidueye's role. Try again.
>>
>>32789030
Incineroar getting intimidate will definitely help especially in conjunction with bulk up and leftovers, but the thing Incineroar REALLY needs is more moves. As of right now it has absolutely no way of dealing with water types.
>>
>>32789314
>Incineroar PU
>Decidueye UU
Yeah, Decidueye is gonna be in huuuuge danger once Incineroar gets intimidate. He might even rise up to BL3
>>
>>32789314
>>32789343
>being this mad
Jesus friendly Owlfriends were just trying to say to you that Intimidate isn't gonna do much and now you're attacking them for no reason. Really, fuck off or be civil.
>>
>>32789293
Not that guy but battle spot has a stigma around it and gets hated on by both VGC players and Smogon players.
>>
>>32789257
>All I can say is.
>Battle Spot Singles
>1v1
I mentioned 1v1 as an argument of why Torrent and Primarina in general were good in 3v3s.
>When I said "competitively" I meant in real formats.
This sentence is wrong on so many levels. I prefer 6v6s too, but you can't deny which format is the real one, intended by Game Freak. Besides, BSS is more popular and played than UU.
>If Buzzwole is still in UU by the time Primarina has access to Liquid Voice I can easily see Hyper Voice Primarina over Scald Primarina for Sub bypassing.
You are probably wrong, you have very little reason not to just go for Hydro/Scald/Sparkling Aria and Torrent. It's a very minor niche at best.
>Not to mention, Doubles/VGC.
Although the VGC ruleset will probably include Megas/legendaries by then.
I doubt Prim will ever be really useful there, so I don't think Liquid Voice will make much of a difference
>>
>>32789343
>b-but intimidate will help
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>32789353
I just remember owl autists screeching about this thing being OU.

It keeps dropping and dropping. I can't wait to see it drop below Incineroar as Incineroar begins rising with Intimidate and move tutors.

Owlcucks like yourself will keep on screeching the opposite, of course. It's no surprise you cling to what you can get.
>>
>>32789381
Again, Intimidate will not do anything because Incineroar is SLOW and FRAIL. It also LACKS VIABLE STAB MOVES and is UGLY and UNPOPULAR. Not to mention that ARCANINE OUTCLASSES it and it also lacks any form of real SUPPORT MOVES. There wrote the important words in caps so even someone as delusional as you could read them.
>>
>>32789381
>I just remember owl autists screeching about this thing being OU.
We literally never said that Decidueye was gonna be top tier. We just said that Decidueye was gonna be viable across all metas. We're objectively right about that.
>>
>>32789397
do you know what frail means because if you compare decidueye and incineroar owl is just a wet napkin compared to the tiger
>>
>>32789406
>We literally never said that Decidueye was gonna be top tier.
Yes you did, and now like the beta owl itself you're trying to hide your cowardice and what you said. No surprise, really.....what's next? Ash-Decidueye "confirmed"?

Run away, owlcucks. Nobody likes you or your shitty pokemon.

>>32789397
What's this? Another owlcuck trying to get over the fact Decidueye's peaked while USUM will only be amazing for Incineroar? Yawn. Go take your fantasies elsewhere.
>>
>>32789428
Owlcucks believe they literally have a stronger pokemon in defenses. Lol.

Wait until they begin bringing out "facts" that are falsehoods and opinions out. Kind of sad.
>>
>>32789362
Poster of >>32789343 here, and I'd just like to say that I wasn't being hostile at all. In fact, I was partially siding WITH the owlfriend here in saying that intimidate alone won't cut it for Incineroar: what Incineroar really needs is more moves like thunder punch and blaze kick.
>>
>>32789428
>>32789437
>>32789443
Your brains are 1: slow, 2: beta, 3: cuck and 4: fake, as your illogical fallacies and excessive ad hominems prove.
>>
>>32789461
>blaze kick
>>
>>32789468
See? Owlcucks, everyone!

Decidueye is LITERALLY A CANON BETA and they feel the need to fling their own personalities at others in an attempt to brush it off of themselves.

Why do you keep spouting lies, m8? Is it not enough your biggest "shill" this gen is a port of a failed arcade game?
>>
>>32789378
Well that's because it fucking WILL. Having an automatic attack drop on the opponent upon entering is always a great thing to have and helps mitigate Incineroars mixed defensive bag of good defenses but shit typing for those defenses.
>>
File: 1493532346624.png (44KB, 540x640px) Image search: [Google]
1493532346624.png
44KB, 540x640px
>>32789377
>intended by Game Freak
The developer's intent couldn't matter any less when discussing competitive play and the metagame.
What they want for the game doesn't matter.
It does influence the decisions of the players though.

>BSS is more popular and played than UU.
The majority are casual players and people mainly have more exposure to BSS than Smogon.
Add to that that it's UU.

>You are probably wrong, you have very little reason not to just go for Hydro/Scald/Sparkling Aria
Maybe.

>I doubt Prim will ever be really useful there
Maybe in VGC, but Doubles is still a thing.
>>
>>32789468
keep saying words you don't know the meaning of,
doesn't change the fact Decidueye is frail compared to the other two
>>
>>32789397
95/90/90 defenses is certainly NOT frail. He's not exactly a wall either, but its certainly a hell of a lot better than Decidueyes defenses.
>>
i hate starter threads
it's like /v/ posters came to this board and poorly tried to adapt their consolewarring bullshit
>>
>>32789518
Ignore the owlcuck, they failed to win the starter wars so they're trying to turn the board to shit.

Best to not feed their delusions, really.
>>
we should just ban the word "decidueye" this is getting go.odra level of ridiculous
>>
File: Almonds Activated.jpg (214KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
Almonds Activated.jpg
214KB, 650x650px
>>32789504
I brought up Battle Spot only because:
1) it's the only format where a Starter actually really shines this gen, unless you count UU. I don't like it either and I prefer Smogon rulesets.
2) We were talking about SparklingAria + Torrent VS HyperVoice + LiquidVoice, and the only place where this matters is Battle Spot.
People are gonna stick with Choice Specs, Torrent and Hydro for UU in my opinion, maybe carrying Sparkling Aria instead of HP Fire or Scald as a forth move for going through subs IN ADDITION to Hydro Pump.

I really hope Liquid Voice somehow does wonders for the Sea Lion, but sadly I don't see it happening. I don't play doubles aside from a bit of VGC though, so, if you do, please correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>32789562
>I really hope Liquid Voice somehow does wonders...
Meant to say "I really hope Liquid Voice somehow does wonders IN DOUBLES"
>>
>>32789030
Can I get a source of Incineroar being PU? Not that I particularly doubt it, I'd just like to at least know where to see that, as I see NU.
>>
At least incineroar gets will-o-wisp
What ghost type doesn't even get that..
>>
>>32789586
NU usage shows that it didn't make the cut. After an update it will be in PU.
>>32789592
It's so slow and frail that it can't make use of that though.
>>
>>32789087
Scald is better than both of them
>>
>>32789600
Atleast ghost anchor has an excuse for not having willowisp whats decidueyes
>>
Incineroar and Decidueye don't have much hope of getting any higher unless they gain more moves and the impossible knowing Game Freak action of their stats being revised to lower their special attack and raise their speeds.
>>
>>32789592
>>32789623
None of the grass/ghost types know will-o-wisp
>>
>>32789688
You mean the Gen VII ones, right? Because the other four do.
>>
>>32789701
Oh, my bad. My memory's playing tricks on me I guess. I have no idea what the excuse for Dhelmise and Decidueye is then.
>>
>>32789397
>>32789600
I'm not here to theorize about tiers. I'm just here because this poster has made me realize that the best Intimdate user is actually too frail to be any good ever.
>>
>>32789512
Decidueye has a higher Special Defense than Inceneroar and a higher Physical Defense than Primarina.

He also has a much better defensive typing than Incineroar.

>>32789562
>unless you count UU
I do, it's my favorite tier this gen.
>>
>>32789750
>what is typing
You massive fucking idiot, Ground/Flying is one of the best defensive typings in the game.
>>
>>32789751
HOLY SHIT DECIDUEYE IS A FUCKING WALL
BAN TO OU WHEN?!?
BARAS BTFO HOLY FUCK
>>
>>32789751

I'm>>32789562

Meant to say I don't like Battle Spot all that much, in case I wasn't clear. UU is my favorite tier too this generation.
>>
>>32789751
Decidueye only has one point of Defense over Primarina while also having two points less HP. Primarina's overall bulkier.
>>
>>32789757
No shit Ground/Flying is great. Fire/Dark isn't nearly as good, but that doesn't mean that Incineroar is objectively less frail than Landorus-T.
>>
>>32789751
Yep. Decidueye sure does have that 10 point advantage in special defense over Incineroar! You know what Incineroar has over Decidueye? 17 more points in HP and 15 more points in physical defense, not to mention Incineroar also has the tools to help further bolster this bulk like bulk up, will-o-wisp, leech life, assault vest and eventually intimidate, making him all around the far more bulky one.

And great, Decidueye has a single, insignificant point more in its physical defense than Primarina does. Meanwhile, Primarina has two points more in HP and 26 more points in special defense than Decidueye does, as well as having ways to further boost said bulk in the forms of scald and the dual screens.

Decidueye is the absolute frailest of the bunch. Get over it.
>>
>>32789904
>what is Roost
Idiot.
>>
File: Bam motherfucker.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Bam motherfucker.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
>People pushing Intimidate as the next big thing that'll save Incineroar from the darkest pits that is NU/PU (whatever the heck depths he's crawled himself to)
>When Intimidate itself barely helps Arcanine as it is

It'll help him alright, just don't expect it to be something out of this world, otherwise, you're setting yourself for quite a disappointment. But hey, it all depends on how you want to use it.
>>
>>32789904
Is NU fun?
>>
>>32789918
Have fun using that with 78/75/100 defenses and 70 speed.
>>
>>32789937
It is actually. You'll join us here soon enough anyways.
>>
>>32788907
Primarina. HA's won't do much. There's not much Decidueye really wants to hit with Leaf Blade that the arrow isn't at least as good for, except random meme helmets, and Liquid Voice is entirely irrelevant unless it gets some good tutor moves. Incineroar does get the best HA, but it's not much, and still won't get it out of PU.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.