[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The problem with X and Y was you don't feel the presence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: XY.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
XY.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
The problem with X and Y was you don't feel the presence of the Legendary Pokémon at all. They are mentioned once and then you find out at story climax that they were captured by Team Flare all along. If Lysandre didn't inform everyone about his plans, he could have succeed his plan and kill everyone including the player.
>>
AZ flotte had more impact
>>
the use of the box legendaries in XY was retarded, they were literally just living batteries for lysandre's weapon that you had to yank off.
>>
>>32788019
I agree, but I still believe they are done far better than some of the other box legends
>>
>>32788050
They have one of the best and most interesting concepts for Legendarys in opinion, which makes the bad execution even worse. Same goes for Zygarde, but at least he got some love in Sun Moon, but here again badly executed.
>>
>>32788019
It kinda sucks because the XYZ trio has some of the best designs and lore for boxart legends, next to Lugia and Ho-oh.
>>
>>32788019
The same with Ho-oh and lugia
>>
>>32788050
>but I still believe they are done far better than some of the other box legends
Their lore is cool but the relevance to the plot of the game was fucking garbage, the first time you see them is also the their last, since other than being used to power lysandre's ultimate weapon they do nothing else
>>
File: latest[1].png (1MB, 1280x916px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
1MB, 1280x916px
>Pokémon who wield powers over life and death itself.
>do nothing interesting with them at all

Do you know how many stories across human history center around death and eternal life? The waste of these concepts is ridiculous.
>>
File: 61c.jpg (13KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
61c.jpg
13KB, 308x308px
>>32788087
>>
>>32788126
>>do nothing interesting with them at all
You mean beside having an immortal king that roams around and a killing machine that could fuck an entire country ?

I mean legendaries never really had a great impact on the game back in the day. It's like no one remembers gen2.
>>
File: 1494977106663.png (119KB, 391x434px) Image search: [Google]
1494977106663.png
119KB, 391x434px
>>32788145
>He forgot legends used to literally not be involved in the story
>>
But in Gold/Silver have the shittiest mention/build towards Lugia and Ho-oh.
The dogs have more value and presence than those two BOX Legendaries.
>>
>>32788019
There are a lot more problems with XY than just that, though you're right that what you described is a problem.
>>
>>32788087
>>32788165
>>32788198
Why is everybody bringing up Johto specifically?
>>
>>32788212
Because that's what a sinnohfetus does.
>>
>>32788212
You don't remember that without a guide you had no chance of encountering the legendaries ?

at least 7yo me didn't
>>
>>32788165
Xerneas had nothing to do with making AZ immortal, ironically. That was all the Ultimate Weapon, which just ran on the energy of the ox legend, regardless of which one it was.

They're nothing more than glorified batteries.

Also Yveltal's abilities are a little overstated. People think that the entry, "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more." refers to all life on the planet. Or at least Kalos. I doubt it, it probably just sucks life out of the creatures nearby, and might not even kill them.
>>
>>32788244
You know the dex entries are unreliable because they are written by a 10yo child, right ?
>>
>>32788244
After posting this I just realized when you said "killing machine" you weren't talking about Yveltal, but the literal machine.

Again though the Ultimate Weapon has NOTHING to do with the actual legendaries, other than that it runs off their energy.

Yveltal and Xerneas in themselves are pretty irrelevant to the story.
>>
>>32788222
But we're talking about XY, and Sinnohfetuses like HGSS due to being from the same generation.
>>32788229
I got through Whirl Islands through a reasonable amount of trial and error. Tin Tower required even more trial and error but I got Ho-Oh as well.
>>
>>32788126
Pokemon kind of has a habit of giving their mons interesting lore potential and then doing nothing with it

>>32788267
They aren't though. Stop this meme
>>
File: ExplainThis.jpg (19KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
ExplainThis.jpg
19KB, 416x416px
>>32788282
>Stop this meme
Then explain this

"Magcargo's body temperature is approximately 18,000 degrees F."
>>
>>32788050
This is actually wrong. It's not even an opinion, you are actually legitimately wrong. The first time you hear about them is a one-liner, the second time is when you encounter them, which is also the last time. They server as nothing but batteries for Lysandre's weapon, which the backstory of said weapon even dismisses as being not necessary. No other box mascot were or has been more poorly executed than that.
>>
The entirety of X and Y's plot is complete garbage. There's almost nothing salvageable from it either.
>>
>>32788303
No, he's right. Right after that frame she disintegrates into cinders.

>>32788308
I should specify that I agree with how horribly executed they were in the story, but I still like them as Pokemon more than most of the other box legends.
>>
>>32788323
The only good thing that comes to mind is Lysandre. Finally we had a charismatic antagonist with a clear goal and means to do it.
>>
>>32788303
I can explain it, it's magic. Pokémon are magic.
>>
>>32788303
To be honest, I always thought that was an error. 1,800 is perfectly normal temperature for lava.... I think someone confused themselves and added an extra digit by accident.
>>
>>32788370
>1,800°F
I'm pretty sure this girl still wouldn't be able to hug him without being severly burned to death
>>
>>32788415
>Pokémon can't impossibly self contain energy
What did he mean by this?
>>
>I miss Gen 1 when legendaries were hidden and not important to the plot
>WAHHHH why aren't the XY legends more prominent?
>>
>>32788415

In 1st season of the anime it's shown Fire Pokemon's flames can't hurt people they trust.
>>
>>32788303
Magcargo is supposed to be that hot, Game Freak are just stupid
>>
File: 1384206711307.png (134KB, 300x220px) Image search: [Google]
1384206711307.png
134KB, 300x220px
>>32788514
>>
>>32788303

Temperature in the Pokemon universe is measured differently
>>
>>32788019
>The problem with X and Y was you don't feel the presence of the Legendary Pokémon at all.
So you also hate gen 1, gen 2 and gen 5? 1 and 2 had zero plot presence from the legends and 5 had no actual purpose to be there and was just contrived.
>>
>>32788564
Exactly.

The only gens where legends matter are 3 and 4

7 only gave time to Cosmog. Once it evolved into Cosmoem it wasnt even moving and Solgaleo/Lunala only opened the wormhole and they were done
>>
>>32788282
>Oak gives the Pokedex to the player in gen 1 just so he can catalog species for him
>literally states it's his dream to make a Pokemon encyclopedia, implying no one's done this before
>the dex starts out completely empty, and only gets detailed descriptions of something after the player has caught it
>all the entries are filled with retarded shit like Alakazam's IQ and Blastoise being the Shellfish Pokemon, which sound exactly like something a dumb 10yo kid would make up
>>
>>32788212
Johto didn't have a plot that involved the box legendaries, so their lore was small and kept to the side. They also have no theme as a duo apart from 'harmonious opposites', and whatever they were meant to represent was later assigned to other box legends that filled the roles better. Where you now have legends that control weather and mortality, Lugia and Ho-Oh comes across only as exceptionally powerful birds that can do cool shit but have no real meaning behind them other than 'Johto's Legendary Pokemon'.
>>
>>32788707
Yea that's called headcanon anon. Why do you think every dex entry seems to agree across multiple decades and universes?
>>
>>32788019
They had kickass music though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22EJRAU4IGM

A shame they weren't better used in the story.
>>
>>32788471
That's the problem, they're both important to the plot and not prominent, which is lazy. Why have this big climactic fight forced on you for otherwise irrelevant legendaries. If they had done like gen 2 I don't think anyone would have complained.
>>
>>32788244
>lso Yveltal's abilities are a little overstated. People think that the entry, "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more." refers to all life on the planet. Or at least Kalos. I doubt it, it probably just sucks life out of the creatures nearby, and might not even kill them.
The anime XY movie and XYZ special showed that when Yveltal goes to sleep it would emit a wave that would wither or turn to stone everything that it touched, in an area the size of a town.
>>
>>32788493
While true, Magcargo is lava, not necessarily fire.
>>
>>32790475
Isn't it kind of weird that the Destruction Pokemon only has 131/131 offenses
>>
>>32788303
anime is retarded
>>
>>32790581
those are good offenses.

Xerneas and Yveltal are very balanced mons and, in comparison with other box legends bar lugia, are sanic fasts.
>>
>>32788707
And the games also state that the dex automatically updates itself upon registration of a new mon.

Idiot.
>>
>>32788165
Gen 2 was about folk and fairytales you dumpepe
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.