[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did this game's large amount of content forever ruin /vp/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 5 Black 2 & White 2.png (324KB, 554x250px) Image search: [Google]
5 Black 2 & White 2.png
324KB, 554x250px
Did this game's large amount of content forever ruin /vp/ and turn "post-game" into a buzzword?
>>
Black city tower was so shit. I couldn't see anything. It took me few hours to find it
>>
No, underagefags who take GF's shit in their mouth and thank them for it did
>>
File: rocketsmile.jpg (98KB, 748x648px) Image search: [Google]
rocketsmile.jpg
98KB, 748x648px
postgamefags need to die
>>
that was gsc
>>
>>32787548
>barren Kanto as postgame
GSC's postgame wasn't good because of content, which it didn't really have. It was good because of the continuity and hype, especially when fighting Red.
>>
>>32787469
Idiot
>>
>>32787469
It isn't just the post game, every town after Virbank has some optional area/route to explore that rewards a TM or has some rare pokemon, you can even grind BP from the start because PWT is beatable with your main team and is actually fun.

BW1 had this too but it was improved on the sequel, there was like 3 routes with optional areas in XY that I remember and maybe just the desert in SM.
>>
GF set a standard. They should fucking adhere to it for all future games.
>>
>>32787749
Gen 5 had less exploration than gens 1-4.
Gen 5 had less post game than hgss and platinum.
This gen 5 was excellent meme is one of the worst to come out of this board.
Gens 6 and 7 being even worse only adds to the illusion.
>>
>>32787827
Just because they dropped the mangled map illusion and showed you how linear pokemon games really are doesn't mean it had less exploration. Did you even read the post you replied too?
>>
>>32787469
Serious question.

What was there besides PWT, Battle Subway, and White Forest/Black City?
>>
>>32787749
Fucking this, BW was solid in this department with having little side areas to train and explore, but these gamea went above the call. Stuff like the sewers, the shortcut connecting to the sewers, the cave between Undella and Marlons city etc were all cool additions. Not to mention post league unova with all the old dungeons and stuff like clays mines which made it legendary. And lastly, its called standards and progression, game companies would use what they made and build upon it, not cut down content and explain that things are gone because people expect and want less. But hey, they keep making millions because we are stupid enough to keep buyin their shit, so unless Nintendo kicks their teeth in, or hopefully buys em out and demands change, yeah its gonna be like this in the community for a while. Deal with it
>>
>>32787836
No, I played the games and saw there was nothing notable or well hidden.
I didn't fall for the contrarian opinion of this deluded board.
Poor you.
>>
File: 1496326598746.jpg (53KB, 512x734px) Image search: [Google]
1496326598746.jpg
53KB, 512x734px
>>32787841
Nothing really.
And two of those facilities were not post game.

I don't think Black & White were known so much for there post game and more for all the things they just got right.

It's nice to have character cameos, but it's even nicer to get to fight them.
And not just a handful of characters once every 10 battles. You could fight all of a region's gym leaders or all the Pokemon League champions in a single bracket. That was honestly something that could not be topped.

The Black Tower/White Treehollow was a very different facility from your usual Battle Tower, and it gave us a cool new unique character, Benga, who was Alder's grandson. He really gave off Gary vibes and I personally liked him.

Those two facilities aren't really comparable to the the Battle Tower/Subway/Tree, and they're a lot more fun and fair than almost anything int he Battle Frontier.
>>
post game became a buzzword when every discussion about a game devolved into it and no one wanted to talked about the actual main game
>>
>>32787827
>>32787548
>gsc
>endgame content

now THIS is a meme
>>
>>32787987
This. Pokemon has an entire main game you play through to get to postgame content. It shouldn't be brushed off.
>>32787827
Don't be obtuse, gen 5 has more exploration than gen 1.
>>
>>32787469
>I want a game that I play once and when I'm finished, there's nothing to experience left.
This is how you sound.
>>
>>32787841
Off the top of my head?

Legends to find and catch
New places to explore
Changes to old areas over the two year skip
Pokestar studios
N's castle ruins
Memory link bonuses
That dating sim lite
Challenge key...even if the way it worked was asinine.
Diverse regional dex that doesn't revolve around kanto mon.
BP prices were cut in half
Join Avenue
Funfest Missions
An actual reason to complete the dex thanks to the Oval Charm and Shiny Charm

Likely lots of other junk I'm forgetting.
>>
>>32787841
>N's castle
>Plasma Ship
>Bunch of legendaries
>>
>>32787469
>large amount of content
shit meme.
>>
>>32787548

I'd argue this is what kind of killed the fanbase forever.
>MUH MULTIPLE REGIONS

Literally never done again and never will, for good reason too. I wouldn't mind something in the way of Platinum where just a nice little island opens up, and just a small steady stream of repeatable content. I like fighting the gym leaders and buying shit for my house.
>>
File: Feraligatr stop posting.jpg (61KB, 425x312px) Image search: [Google]
Feraligatr stop posting.jpg
61KB, 425x312px
>>32787548
>gsc
>not even HGSS
>>
>>32788240
You get through the main story in 20 or so solid hours, the post game is what gets you through the next 200, it's important.
>>
I always wished to analyze what would make a good postgame, but not in a sense of adding new areas but in a way that would make more rewarding the things that players do after they completed the game.

>Breeding Pokemon
>Training Pokemon
>Trading Pokemon
>Multiplayer battles
>Completing the pokedex

Anything that would reward these or contextualize these features would do wonders on the postgame, IE.

>An NPC that trades you a random lvl1 pokemon with high IV for some of your breeding rejects, as you trade more the IVs get higher
>Chateau, restaurants, Rematchs, in SM it would have been neat to scout for strong trainers to add them to the E4
>Give out BP for trading and Battling Online

>>32788297
There's also that area with a shiny haxorus that you can access when you complete the pokedex.
>>
>>32788224
I didn't mention GSC under post game content.
Unovautists truly are shortsighted and retarded.
Bless your heart.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.