[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here know what this device is? I recently began

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Weird GBA Hacking Tool.png (4MB, 1210x2121px) Image search: [Google]
Weird GBA Hacking Tool.png
4MB, 1210x2121px
Does anyone here know what this device is?

I recently began replaying my old Pokémon games including FireRed, and wanting to do the Birth Island and Navel Rock events, I remembered from my childhood that I used this strange device to do it (I think), which I found I still had in my basement.

But now I have no damn clue how the fuck I use it or what it actually is. The device has no name nor logo on it, so I have no idea what it's called or what to search for on Google to look it up. I know it uses a mini-USB cable to connect to PC, and my computer registers it as "GBA Link". But I have no idea where to go from here.

I don't even care if I can use it to cheat with, but if I could at least back up my FireRed save on my PC that would just be golden. So really my question is; what is it and can I use it to dump my GBA saves?
>>
It has a slot both for a GBA game and one for a DS game. So this was made while the Nintendo DS was out, and is probably meant for that console I would presume.
>>
>>32786167
Well what happens when you stick it in your gameboy and turn it on?
>>
>>32786167
If you have an DS with an GBA slot you can just buy a flashcart and load a save manager tool onto it to backup your GBA savefiles.
>>
>>32786181
Nothing. Neither my GBA nor my DS will respond to it, unlike my PC.
>>
File: ar.png (405KB, 815x427px) Image search: [Google]
ar.png
405KB, 815x427px
>>32786167
That's an Action Replay. Same as the GBA/DS one, but completely colored black. I had one like pic related.
>>
>>32786201
Thank you, now I finally have a name for it! Do you happen to remember how to use it? Can it dump saves?
>>
>>32786213
As far as I remember, when you put it into the GBA with a game inserted, it would open up an interface where you would type in whatever AR code you wanted. The cable for the computer was used to connect it to some software on the PC which you could load codes directly into it without having to type them out manually. As far as I know, they are only used for using AR codes, not save dumping. One thing I do remember is this thing being very fragile, with one simple bump fucking up the entire thing, meaning if you spent ages typing in a code, you'd have to start over. If it isn't responding to your GBA, and you haven't got the cable lying around, possibly look into getting another one or using another cheat device.
>>
>>32786234
It doesn't respond to my GBA unfortunately, but I do have a cable for it to connect it to my PC, which does respond to it. I just don't have the software to use that for anything. But if it can't be used to dump my save, then I'm screwed either way.
>>
File: IMG_0871.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0871.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I tried using it on my very first DS instead of my DS Lite, and this one reacts to it. It says there is a "DS Option Pak" inserted. What does this mean?
>>
>>32786167
Looks like an action replay, long since stopped being supported, I have one but it's so old it crashes at the slightest movement.
>>32786259
Dunno what that means, if it is a ActionReplayGBA then it wont work in an nDS.
>>
>>32786268
It's seemingly an Action Replay for both GBA and DS. It has slots for both types of cartridges.
>>
>>32786167
Yep, Action Replay. Had a bunch of fun with it in my younger years.
>>
>>32786186
Which Flashcart should I buy then? I just want to dump my FireRed save, maybe play Platinum/HGSS roms on my 3DS too if the Flashcart people keep talking about for that is the same as this one.

A quick guide on how to use it to dump GBA saves would also be nice, and possibly one for playing DS roms on the 3DS too if that's possible with the same Flashcart.
>>
>>32786167
Action Replay Max Duo (I think?), have one just like that. You can backup a few DS saves with it, but in the GBA side of things, the only thing you can do is cheating. I don't think it works too well on the DS, at least on the Lite it doesn't.
>>
>>32786259
>DS Option Pak
the message "DS option pack inserted" is given whenever there is something plugged into the GBA slot which isn't a GBA game or a dust cover.

The guitar hero grip causes this message,as do expansion packs for DS games, and other addons such as the rumble pack.If its not one of those things for sure then it has to be a ActionReplay.
>>
>>32786303
I have a R4 RTS 3DS. Works just fine on my DSlite. Not sure if it works on the latest 3DS firmware though. I heard you might get Nintendo'd for using an outdated flashcart on a 3DS.
>>
>>32786505
I'm already Nintendo'd for using CFW and hacking in Sun and Moon and shit. But I don't need internet for my 3DS anyway, as online play for SM sucks and I can use PKHex for trade evolutions anyway.

But your Flashcart works for both playing DS roms like HGSS and BW2 on the 3DS as well as dumping GBA saves from an NDS?
>>
>>32786613
I only ever tried playing White 1 on my 3DS back then and it worked pretty well. Kinda laggy at screen transitions, but overall pretty good. Making GBA backups on my DSlite works well too. I'm using GBA Backup Tool for that. The savefile is saved onto your flashcart and you can easily access it on your computer.
I'm almost sure that an outdated R4 can brick your whole 3DS system, but I'm not 100% certain. That's what I heard back then and I haven't used it on my 3DS since then. Works perfectly fine on the DS family though.
>>
>>32786764
Thanks a lot! I will look into it and eventually try it out if it still works with the 3DS.
>>
>>32786167
there are 3 things that look similar like what you posted.

a) a cheat modul (action replay, xploder, etc...)
ab) a professional cheat modul (where you was able to make your own cheats per filtering out codes until one was left)
b) a back up modul to take your save file and copy it to your computer or make multiple profiles of pokemon even without using the computer.
c) a tool to make an exact rom copy of your game and send it to your computer
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.