[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So uh, I made this image in case they were going to show US and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: Treehouse.png (209KB, 1600x810px) Image search: [Google]
Treehouse.png
209KB, 1600x810px
So uh, I made this image in case they were going to show US and UM at the Treehouse, but it's over, so uh.... Well that's disappointing.
>>
>>32780080
It's okay anon. A job well done.
>>
>>32780080
Surprised they showed so much of the same games and only 23 seconds of USUM
>>
>>32780101
Thanks.

It brings up the awkward reality that they're unlikely to show off anything related to the new games for at least 2-3 months. If they were ever going to, it would've just happened.

Suppose we'll have to wait. Don't mind it. The Pokémon hype cycles tire me.
>>
>>32780154
wait you mean they actually showed new footage?
>>
File: you almost did the thing.png (11KB, 960x648px) Image search: [Google]
you almost did the thing.png
11KB, 960x648px
>>32780080
>>
Maybe the games do not have very much new content and probably were not worth showing. I have this feeling USM will be third and fourth version rather than sidestories/ what-ifs. Even lack of updates from official Pokèmon social profiles and CoroCoro worries me. I could actually be wrong, but still.
>>32780428
No, he was referring to last week's Pokèmon Direct's trailer.
>>
File: 1480792476517.png (166KB, 427x542px) Image search: [Google]
1480792476517.png
166KB, 427x542px
>the only news we're getting this month is the existence of another fucking Cap Pikachu alongside the initial announcement
>games come out in five months
Why do I have a feeling there's literally nothing to show because they're too busy working on Gen 8 to even sprinkle in some more Alola Forms or something?
>>
>>32780574
Wouldn't be surprised if we got something next week, honestly.
>>
It's coming out the same time as Sun/Moon did, but was announced 4 months later, they wanna cut out that lull period from Febuary-May where we had nothing

they're gonna drop the first real trailer/gameplay this month and from then on, we're going straight into the hype cycle of getting trailers every 2-3 weeks

If they keep the trailer release schedule as Sun and Moon, we'll see.....

1 trailer this month
2 trailers in July
3 in August (Big news dropped here)
3 in September (Big story news here)
3 in October
1 in November

That's only for trailer which actually revealed a new info
I dont think there's gonna be as many this time because it's not a brand new generation, but I think we'll get atleast 2 a month, size varying
>>
>>32782167
I agree that 2 a month sounds about right.

Last Year, we generally got a trailer at the beginning of the month, in the middle of the month, and the end of the month. Corocoro info usually had bits and pieces of all three, but every trailer either revealed things before it, or had new things in addition to it.

With this in mind, I wouldn't be too surprised if they cut out the beginning of the month trailer.
>>
File: IMG_1433.jpg (138KB, 444x460px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1433.jpg
138KB, 444x460px
>E3 had no new USM trailer, footage, info, etc.
>instead, it buried any hype for USM by having an announcement for the next game coming after USM
>>
>>32782299
I'm predicting we'll get one around the 20th
Then following that up with one around the 27th-30th or the first week of July
>>
>>32782345
If anything, I've seen people get MORE hype for USUM now that a Switch game is confirmed 1-2 years away
The last games of the generation/system always go all out
>>
>>32782345
>USM gets overshadowed by the next big pokemon game
>USM turns out to be a masterpiece
>I get called a hipster tryhard for liking an unpopular game
>>
>>32782398

I was just thinking about how if it is indeed 2 a month, I doubt they'd cut the trailer that launches with Corocoro, so I felt cutting the early month trailer was more likely.

of course, they might just cut the one that follows Corocoro and just give them stuff from the early month trailer, with one or two exclusives that will be in the late month trailer as well.
>>
>>32782345
>>instead, it buried any hype for USM by having an announcement for the next game coming after USM
I don't see how that will overshadow USM; all they said was "yeah there will be a main pokemon game on the switch"

We realistically have at least a year, probably 2, AFTER USM before it comes out
>>
The inevitability of Diamond and Pearl didn't stop anyone from loving Emerald
The inevitability of XY didn't stop anyone from loving BW2
>>
File: 1497065490291.gif (319KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1497065490291.gif
319KB, 250x250px
>>32782493
It's gonna be B2W2 all over again
>>
>>32782493
>>32782749
Wouldn't that be a good thing though?

Sure people who are obsessed with liking whats popular would shit on it, but it'd ultimately mean we get a masterpiece to enjoy.
>>
I think part of the stigma right now is just the way it was announced when everyone thought for sure a Switch game was gonna be a thing.

Now that it's had time to settle, and GF made the Gen 8 announcement at E3 to make everyone lay down their pitchforks,
I think we'll see some real hype start to develop, especially if the first real trailer leaves a good impression
>>
File: its fucking nothing.png (469KB, 804x478px) Image search: [Google]
its fucking nothing.png
469KB, 804x478px
>>32782167
maybe so but till then you can pos the new meme for getting nothing ...
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.