[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What sort of legendary duos/trios/quartets do you want to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: poison_trio_by_jwnutz-d9tg33x.png (79KB, 2581x991px) Image search: [Google]
poison_trio_by_jwnutz-d9tg33x.png
79KB, 2581x991px
What sort of legendary duos/trios/quartets do you want to see in the future?
>>
I'd like to see a fucking Poison type legendary
>>
>>32777040
Nihilego.
>>
>>32777040
A pure poison legendary based on a scorpion would be great (an actual scorpion, not a flying one like Gliscor or an abomination like whatever Drapion is supposed to be).
>>
>>32777075
That's an Ultra Beast, not a legendary. It's as much of a legend as Arbok is
>>
>>32776987
During my extreme weeb phase, I wanted Legendaries based on Susanoo, Amaterasu and Tsukiyomi. Now we have Kyogre, Solgaleo and Lunala, so I'm not sure if I got those or if I'm actually never getting them.

If those Kyogre, Solgaleo and Lunala count as Susanoo and the rest, I would like to see something based on Machines. Steel-type Machines. Man-made Machines by ancient civilization or something that have become Legends.
>>
>>32776987
I'd like to see some legendaries that don't really represent concepts like life and death or time and space or anything like that. I'd like some that are legendary just for being really fucking strong.
>>
>>32777117
So Solgaleo and Lunala? Or Kyogre and Groudon?
Solgaleo and Lunala are Sun/Moon emissaries, but they don't actually have much to do with anything. They're just fucking strong. Strong enough that people think they can devour the sun and the moon.
Same for Kyogre and Groudon. They don't represent anything. They're just fucking. Strong enough to change the world on a whim.
>>
Loki Trio
Fenrir, Jormungandr and Hel
>>
>>32777081
A part of an septet as well, not a trio.
>>
None. There are too many legendaries already. Ruins the lore. Having multiple per each gen was a mistake.
>>
>hyper autism

OH BOY! I've never had a chance to talk about this but i think this is a good opportunity.
As diamond and pearl were being teased before the start of gen 4, i had a particular idea in mind for the legendary trio (like the lake spirits).
My idea was using the types Steel, Ghost and Dark. But the theme?

industrial saw blades. one used for cutting wood, one for cutting steel and one for cutting SOULS

i bet i still have the drawing locked away somewhere in my shed...
>>
File: IMG_2535.jpg (31KB, 640x638px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2535.jpg
31KB, 640x638px
>>32777081
>that's an Ultra Beast, not a Legendary
>>
File: IMG_2542.png (436KB, 1024x806px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2542.png
436KB, 1024x806px
>>32777150
>>
>>32777174
That's a point. A good one, too.

>>32777179
Put'em in a fan game and I'm in.
>>
Poison would be fun for a legendary, I personally want to see more bug and ghost typing thrown into the mix as well.
>>
>>32776987
A Peace/War/Technology based trio, make them Fairy/Fight/Steel so you have an almost perfect rock-paper-scissor combo
>>
>>32777174
I agree. It seems like they are grasping for straws at this point. One or two in each gen would be enough.

Gen 3 is where the fatigue really started to set in. Shit, even gen 2 was too many. Gen 1 made sense since it was the start of it all.

Also, to add to your point, megas where a huge mistake - and mega legendaries is the worst mistake of all. Awful.
>>
>>32776987
I'd like to see a quartet based on the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. No real reason other than "that's pretty neat".

>>32777082
>Kyogre
>Susanoo
Why though? Won't Lugia makes more sense?

>>32777137
>Same for Kyogre and Groudon. They don't represent anything
Technically speaking, they do represent the sea and the land, respectively. Rayquaza completes the trio by representing the sky.
>>
>>32777216
"even gen 2 was too many."
>Added 6
>Gen 1 added 5
>>
I have some ideas:

A trio based in the senses.
>Touch (Fighting/Ghost)
>Sight (Psychic/Ghost)
>Hearing (Flying/Ghost)

Like Pic Related

-Legendaries based on the Four Symbols of Chinese mythology.

>Dragon (Grass/Dragon)
>Tiger (Steel/Fairy)
>Tortoise (Water/Rock)
>Phoenix (Fire/Flying)

- Legendaries based on the 3 Witches from Greek mythology (Graeae) all could be part Psychic, Ghost or Fairy.

- Legendaries based on herosim and the hero/Villain/Damsel trope. I was thinking maybe having design elements based on Batman (Villian), Superman (Hero), Wonder Woman (Damsel). So the theme can be more cohesive.

- Theater legendaries, which control joy and saddness. (Laugh now, Cry Later)

- Legendaries based on pollution hasn't been done yet. Which I'm surprised it hasn't. One could actually cause pollution while the other acts as a cleaner.

- Legendaries representing Spirituality vs. Technology. Religion vs. Science. Subjective vs. Objective.
>Spirituality (Fairy/Flying)
>Technology (Steel/Fighting) has a robot theme to it.

- Legendaries based on major western holidays like Christmas/Halloween/Valentines Day/New Years.
Each could have it's design inspired by which season each holiday appears in too.

>Christmas (Christmas Tree) Ice/Fairy = Winter

>Halloween (Jack-O-Lantern/Dullahan) Ghost/Fairy = Fall

>4th of July (Dragon/Fire Cracker/Cannon motiff) Fire/Fairy = Summer

>Valentine's Day (Cupid) Grass/Fairy = Spring
>>
>>32777216
>Gen 3 is where the fatigue really started to set in

The Regis are shit. The 3 cover beasts are shit.
>>
>>32777216
Here's an idea: making the sub-trio the main trio as well, through a mega or some other means.
>>
>>32777224
Represent how? They just live on land, sea and sky. Kyogre isn't made out of the sea, nor does he have any special connection to it. Same for Groudon and Rayquaza. They just live on those places and are good at making use of them, like any other creature, just to extreme extant.
>>
>>32777081
>there are still people with this mentality
Wew. So even the games are lying.
>>
>>32777224
>Why though? Won't Lugia makes more sense?
Lugia has a few problems. Being Psychic and Flying-type is one of them. It also doesn't have that strong of a connection to storm and seas. It just appears in storms and calms them down.
Sunanoo is a God of seas, and causes storms. Fits Kyogre better. His rivalry with sun Goddess is also kind of like how Kyogre hates Groudon for bringing sunlight.

Still, even Kyogre doesn't fit that well. It's just the best I could think of.
>>
I guess a duo based on destructive space phenomenon. So like a black hole and an exploding star. Idk, they have covered a lot of concepts....Be cool if they had a legendary that was based on how viruses are becoming more resilient to antibiotics. Make it so that it can become immune or take neutral damage based on the Pokemon it is facing type, and every time you switched it out to something super effective it changes again...Sounds really broken but really cool
>>
>>32777224
>Why though? Won't Lugia makes more sense?
Holy shit you're right. Both were exiled for trashing a sacred place. Susano-o fucked up Amaterasu's fields, and Lugia is implied to have started the storm that burned down its tower and ravaged Ecruteak.

Ho-oh can also be associated with the sun and Amaterasu, as they both fled and haven't appeared before anybody in years, and are essentially the main focus of worship.
>>
>>32777415
>Lugia is implied to have started the storm
Where, exactly?
>>
>>32776987
>a mammoth
>a turtle
>enough birds and dragons
>>
What about an Elemental quartet?

Gnome - Ground/Fairy
Sylph - Flying/Fairy
Salamander - Fire/Fairy
Undine - Water/Fairy
>>
>>32777370
>viruses
You mean bacteria
>>
I agree with above, no more legendaries that are god level in plot importance, rulers of time and space and creator of land and oceans, maybe a couple mons that are just made of rare and valuable metals that whatever villains want to exploit, the whole plot isn't focused around them but instead becoming a champion on many levels, the 8 gyms require much more work to even earn the right to challenge them and the final Pokemon league is all lv100.
>>
>>32777203
They really should do this
>>
>>32777081
wait another generation without dragons besides kanto and johto
>>
>>32777254
>Kyogre isn't made out of the sea, nor does he have any special connection to it. Same for Groudon and Rayquaza.
Except they do. Just read Kyogre's dex entries for example, it is mentioned to be believed to be the creator of the sea. That is exactly what a special connection is.
>>
>>32777203
tech doesn't really fit with the other two themes through.
>>
>>32783279
Isolation?
>>
>>32777247

If you're going to make them this messy, make them evolutions instead, then.
>>
>>32781168
This. Legendaries that have zero plot importance can be pretty neat.

The first two trios are good but roaming is a bit cheap in terms of design. The golem trio is cool because they implement odd puzzles. The sprites in gen 4 are part of the main plot but they don't take center stage. The musketeers literally approach you during the main story, which doesn't feel right to me. And the last two gens didn't really have trios at all, did they?
>>
>>32783962
>messy
What did you mean by that? The original image isn't mine, you know.
>>
>>32784253
I meant the concept of them mega-evolving from the sub-trio
>>
>>32784280
Okay.
>>
>>32784333
Making the subtrio evolve into them like how cosmog evolves would be less messy and a better gimmick
>>
>Allies
Unicorn(UK) fight/electric
Eagle(USA) fight/fire
Bear(USSR)fight/ice

>"A Christmas Carol" Ghosts
Past - ghost/fire
Present - ghost/electric
Future - ghost/ice

>Basic psychoanalysis
Id - psychic/dark
ego - psychic/normal
superego - psychic/fighting.

>Dino eras
T-rex Cretaceus
Stego Jurassic
???? Triassic

>horsemen
Famine - Dark/Ghost
War - Dark/fighting
Death - Dark/Fairy
secret even conquest/anitchrist 4th horsemen Dark/Dragon

>types of infection
Virus - Poison/Dark
Bacteria - Poison/Water
Fungi - Poison/Grass

>origins of fire
appliances and electronics - fire/electric
combustible liquids - fire/water
combustible material - fire/grass
>>
>>32776987

A trio based on the three major olympus gods. Thematically they'd overlap with the weather trio and Yveltal but it'd still be pretty cool.
>Zeus - Flying/Electric Eagle-Bull hybrid
>Poseidon - Water/Ground Dolphin-Horse hybrid
>Hades - Ghost/Steel Cerberus

A duo based on Science (technology) and Magic (nature):
>Science - Steel/Psychic
>Nature - Grass/Fairy

An attribute trio of Bugs, sort of based on the GO teams:
>Valor - Bug/Fighting Goliath Beetle
>Wisdom - Bug/Psychic Stag Beetle
>Instinct - Bug/Dark Hercules Beetle

A standalone Legendary that doesn't really represent anything other than being completely neutral, like a normal type completely grayscale cassowary. I thought a poison/electric jellyfish legendary would be cool too but I suppose Nihilego sort of fits that role now.

>>32777224
An Apocalypse quartet would be cool too:
>Conquest - Dark/Fighting - white horse
>War - Dark/Steel - red horse
>Famine - Dark/Ground - black horse
>Death - Dark/Ghost - pale green horse
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.