[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>SM comes out >Everybody plays it >Everybody loves it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

File: 1493471304257.jpg (7KB, 250x228px) Image search: [Google]
1493471304257.jpg
7KB, 250x228px
>SM comes out
>Everybody plays it
>Everybody loves it
>Claims its best game yet
>months later
>Everybody hates it
I know this is typical for every gen, but literally EVERYONE loves SM. Why are vpcucks so contrarian?
>>
The problem is that Pokemon, as a franchise, literally can't fail so everybody loving it doesn't mean all that much.
Everybody loved X/Y, too, but that gets endless shit here.
>>
I hated it at launch and pretty much every site I go to has had since launch people who love it and people who hate it and even some people who just felt it was whatever

funny how shit works
>>
>>32775417
I don't really trust anyone.

/vp/ hates everything, and everyone else will eat anything put in front of them.

Just learn to judge things for your self.
>>
>>32775417

I don't hate it, but I don't like it either. Alola is boring as shit. A blonde family and a gangster don't make it better

I never liked it
>>
>>32775417
Because in the first 3-4 days, people hadn't done everything and realised that was actually all the game offered.
>>
>>32775457
People completed the game pretty quickly and claimed they loved it.
>>
>>32775468
I was, admittedly, one of those people but a few months later it lost all it's luster.

It was a hype thing, at least for me, but finding out I didn't get a National Dex was the major blow.
>>
>>32775417
>literally EVERYONE loves SM

Funny because i see mainly complains outside of /vp/
>>
imho as a linear, heavily story-driven episode, it's replay value barely lives up to a second run. With this kind of product hype gets quickly intense to die out a week later. This and obvious baiters in denial
>>
>>32775417
New to 4chan? Nobody likes anything here, get used to it. You think if you post a random frog picture you won't be outed as a newfag summerfag? Fat chance.
>>
Second best story after BW and unique new Pokemon let people get hyped for the first week or so. But yeah, this thing has no replay value.
>>
>>32775545
Trying too hard
>>
>>32775417
/vp/ is yet to realize that games have an ending
>>
>>32775417
This is 4chan, the negative vocal minority always gets heard the most. SM are good games, not perfect, but some of the best debut games of a generation
>>
>>32775417
I thought it looked shit day one, but /vp/ hype got me to shill the cash. X&Y has better re-play value than this piece of shit. It became boring the second you finish the league
>>
>>32776575
How dos XY have more to do after the league?
>>
>>32776647
National dex
>>
>>32776666
It's not like you can't transfer or trade for national dex stuff
>>
muh cutscenes because pokemon never had those before apparently
>>
>>32775417
Happens every game.
>>
>>32775472
>finding out I didn't get a National Dex was the major blow
this
>>
>>32775417
I liked it.

Yeah but a lot of people here just like to shitpost.
>>
>>32776960
I'll never understand this meme, if I hdnt read it on vp I would have never noticed. it doesnt affect the game the slightest
>>
>>32776683
SM doesn't even have a National Dex
>>
>>32777042
...yes but you can still get the Pokemon in the game, that's the important part
>>
>caring about the opinions of vocal shit posters
>>
>>32775472
Same here, when I first finished the game I was really impressed, but travelling back through Alola made me realize how small the game really was, and the massive amount of cutscenes made me not willing to restart the game to run through the plot again. Even with XY I did that a ton of times (actually in fairness XY is probably one of the most replayable entries in the franchise due to the huge regional dex).

I still think SM's pretty good, but mostly for the first run through. That's good in some ways, I just move onto other games. It didn't make me want to restart the game multiple times like a lot of other entries made me do though.
>>
>>32775417
I love SM. It's my favorite generation. My second is BW.

The objectively worst is XY.
>>
>>32777086
> Masuda, why you don't programmed Start button to end cutscenes?
> Haha I don't know
>>
>>32775417
>>Everybody plays it
>>Everybody loves it
For about a month
>>
>>32776435
Fucking this, they go absolutely apeshit when the game doesn't last them forever

/vp/ also has yet to learn that many games have plots and stories and it doesn't make them bad
>>
>>32777217
And what you have yet to learn is that a game with a plot and story isn't automatically good.
Not to mention most games give players incentive to replay.

Neither of which apply to SM.
>>
I really enjoyed S&M, and was the first game in a long ass time that I had legit fun with despite some shortcomings (like the lack of endgame stuff to do) and how rushed the game felt near the end.

With that said, I am annoyed with how Nintendo has handled showing us USM so far with how little we know about it, two versions (Yes, I know B&W2 did it, but it still annoys me, especially with it supposedly being a retelling and not a sequel game), and pushing Pokken far more.
>>
>>32777226
>Nintendo has handled showing us USM so far with how little we know about it
This is how every Pokemon game reveal goes, they say the title and a small teaser but actual info doesn't come till later
>>
>>32777217
>games shouldn't have replayability
>games should have to tell a story through a narrative instead of using the environment
It's god damn 2017 and people are literally defending the regression of the Pokemon series.
>>
>>32777072
The national dex makes it so you know which Pokemon you've collected. Are you saying this is an unnecessary feature? The game is based on the concept of collecting your monsters, and missing a national dex makes it a lot harder to "catch em all".
>>
>>32775417
better than XY but the excessive linearity is a problem
>>
>>32776666
Checked
>>32776683
>>32777072
Newfag
>>
>>32777288
It's obviously not unnecessary, but it shouldn't ruin the game for people like some people claim in this thread. You need bank to transfer old Pokemon anyway, so you should already have access to the national dex if you care about completing it again so much.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.