[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokémon games don't feel like real adventures. Tiny towns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1509.jpg (75KB, 625x427px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1509.jpg
75KB, 625x427px
Pokémon games don't feel like real adventures. Tiny towns with minimal buildings, linear corridors for routes and caves, little patches of grass, etc.

A game on the Switch could finally make these games feel like sprawling adventures, running through big fields while Pokemon appear in the overworld.

How bad will GameFreak fuck it up?
>>
They're gonna fuck it up, assuming Masuda will take lead, which he fucking will.
>>
>>32773026
I wish Nintendo was in charge of Pokemon instead of Game Freak. Just imagine how good Pokemon would be with the devs behind Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey.
>>
>>32773091
Nintendo, Game Freak, and Creatures are the companies that form the joint venture known as The Pokémon Company. Nintendo itself doesn't develop the games but they sure have a say in what the franchise does.
>>
What if they put Tajiri in charge as director?
>>
>>32773110
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Staff_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_Red_and_Blue

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Staff_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_Yellow

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Staff_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_Gold_and_Silver

And then Masuda took over.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Staff_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_Crystal

RIP Satoshi-san, they slandered you by claiming you're an autist so that they could remove you from your creation.
>>
>>32773026
You just need more imagination
>>
>>32773026
>Pokémon games don't feel like real adventures.
They did when you were a kid. Face it, you've grown out up a kid's game.
New Pokemon games are for NEW fans, not for ones who are 20+ years older than when they first played.
>>
>>32773214
Growing up doesn't retroactively put cutscenes and NPCs constantly telling me where to go in RBY.
>>
>>32773229
>I CANT HANDLE STORY IN AN RPG
go play stadium
>>
>>32773214
Yet here you are anon bitching on a forum for a kids game that we should've "grown out of". You successfully took the high road anon
>>
>>32773242
>story MUST involve forcing a bunch of cutscenes and expository dialogue down the player's throat at every turn

Play more games.
>>
>>32773207
Don't you have some Minecraft to play?
>>
>>32773245
Growing out of would imply new games cannot meet my expectations.
I have realistic expectations however, and am currently grounded in reality, unlike the most of you.
You're a bitch made punk.
>>
>>32773139
Has anyone noticed that Masuda was also one of the original programmers?
>>
pokemon never felt like an adventure desu
>>
>>32773250
>i have never played an rpg before in my life
>>
>>32773214
Even as a kid I knew that a town can't be composed of 3 buildings and a sign post. As a kid though I also had no concept of "better graphics and hardware". Pokemon was what it was, and it was magical at the time. Now as an adult, in the technological age we live in, I shouldnt have to imagine an adventure when games like BOTW exist. They can make magic with an open world and some effort into making the world feel real, rather than another cut scene bogged game where a team of bad guys tries to make the box legend destroy the world. My spirit of adventure hasn't died, my tolerance for shit games has.
>>
>>32773273
You're not the target audience. Deal with it. And this realism nonsense has gotten tiresome pretty fast.
>>
>>32773265
Red/Blue is an rpg and it doesn't have constant forced cutscenes. So I don't see your point.
>>
it takes one loud shitposter to derail a thread in half of a minute kek
>>
>>32773311
welcome to 4chan
>>
>>32773026
The reason newer pokémon games don't feel as adventurous is because the exploration aspect is fading away by every generation.
The games being on the 3DS is literally irrelevant.
>>
>>32773299
>Implying they don't take past fans into account when designing a new Pokemon
>Implying they haven't been introducing more mature themes like death and genocidal hitler archetypes

Fuck you. The games are for those young and old, which is why shit like Pokemon Go is advertised to both young and old. Yes, the games pander to those about to play for the first time, but there is no good reason that nuance and respect for the intelligence of the player has to be thrown out the window. By that logic the Legend of Zelda is for children too, yet Breath of the Wild managed to create an incredibly satisfying game for all ages.
>>
>>32773299
>Mario is for little kids!
>Nintendo creates shit like Mario Odyssey

Not an argument. Treating kids like theyre fucking retarded because theyre kids is no excuse.

t. Someone who's played Pokemon longer than you have
>>
how the FUCK do you people keep defending pokemon lmao
this is insane, like i actually can't believe this
who are you people
do you even play video games or is it just pokemon
>>
>>32773355
>Someone who's played Pokemon longer than you have
Only if it's since 1996 because I've been playing it since 1999. Mind you, I haven't bought a game for the past three generations, including the current one.
>>
>>32773368
And this post is how you spot someone who is likely underage and just arrived from /b/ and/ or /v/.
>>
>>32773345
>neverending tutorial
>respecting the intelligence of the players
Don't kid yourself. Competitive battling is the bone they're throwing to veteran players. If that isn't up your alley then tough luck.
>>
>>32773345
>like death
Yeah, because Team Rocket murdering Pokémon wasn't a thing in Red and Green. Oh wait.
>>
>>32773386
Yeah, if you're been here for a while the length some fanboys will go to should be no surprise.
I do suspect a decent amount of people here don't actually play any games outside of pokémon though or else they wouldn't demand a new game every year despite how shitty the games become.
>>
>>32773256
You are a bitch on a forum you claim you are too good for. Fuck off underage faggot
>>
>>32773421
Really all games are hitting their faces into the wall right now. All FPS games are fucking clones of each other. It really comes down to what kind of games you want to play because in the end 99% are just rehashes of old shit
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.