[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For those of you who have one of these things, just how portable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10

File: bundle1.jpg (38KB, 610x361px) Image search: [Google]
bundle1.jpg
38KB, 610x361px
For those of you who have one of these things, just how portable is it?

I'm a little worried that I won't be able to take it on long distance trips like I usually do with my mainline Pokémon games, like on airplanes and such
>>
>>32766107
>long distance trips
>like on airplanes and such
nigga they do that shit in the fucking commercials
it fits in ya fucking hands
>>
Man i know exactly where I would play it. In my area. Can't wait
>>
File: 1496969116093.jpg (37KB, 499x383px) Image search: [Google]
1496969116093.jpg
37KB, 499x383px
>>32766117
Not him, but commercials aren't reflective of reality

Shit can get broken if you're not careful
>>
>>32766143
OP here, this

The 3ds is very easily portable, the larger size and the exposed screen of the Switch worries me
>>
>>32766143
>>32766157
fuck off pussies
lose your autism diagnosis and maybe you won't have to worry
>>
>>32766107
It's pretty portable. It fits in a pencil pouch no problem. You can easily play it on trips.
>>
>>32766107
I have flown with mine a few times. It wasn't cumbersome at all IMO. Carried it in a hard case inside my backpack.
>>
>>32766107
its smaller than the ipad mini, and it fits in every sweatpants pocket i own. havent tried jeans though. detach the joycons and it can go anywhere provided you have pockets
>>
if ur a fucking dude it will fit in your sweatpants pocket. if u wear fucking skinny jeans like some gay faggot gl bro
>>
I bought a carrying case and a glass screen protector for mine and just throw it in my backpack. Been all across America, Japan and the Caribbean without a ding or a scratch.
>>
>>32766196
This. Get a screen protector and/or a case and you're golden. It's not so good at fitting in pockets, but it's still highly portable and goes in a bag just fine. I don't get the whole "it's not portable" meme, it's basically a 6-inch tablet with a couple of dongles. You might not be able to fit a tablet in your pockets either, but that doesn't mean it's not portable.
>>
File: 1491074990131.jpg (124KB, 609x431px) Image search: [Google]
1491074990131.jpg
124KB, 609x431px
>>32766170
>worried about breaking expensive pieces of technology means you're autistic and a pussy

>>32766211
"gay faggot" is very redundant, yknow
>>
File: oak.png (41KB, 342x352px) Image search: [Google]
oak.png
41KB, 342x352px
>>32766117
>>
Thanks guys
>>
It's easy to carry around, but it's far more delicate than a handheld or a phone.
>>
>>32766107
Just get a messenger bag or a backpack
>>
It's not easily pocketable like a DS but if you carry a bag around with you it's easy. It's about as portable as a tablet.
>>
>>32766262
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG4ihWOEtpA Srsly?
>>
>>32766143
it's pretty damn sturdy, saw a switch breakage video testing the durability and it looks like dropping it won't necessarily break screens(plastic btw)
>>
>>32766211
>women don'twear sweatpants
>dubs confirm
>>
>>32766333
damn this video is honestly pretty crazy
>>
>>32766262
I don't think a Nintendo Switch can make phone calls or receive text messages. A phones more delicate
>>
File: IMG_4055.jpg (299KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4055.jpg
299KB, 1500x1500px
Get a case like this and it'll be perfectly safe during travel. I actually did the dual play with another switch owner with Mario kart last week and I would've never thought I'd ever do that. I assumed it was just some dumb commercial shit but it was actually really fun and a great way to pass an hour and a half long delay. Honestly I love this thing.
>>
>>32766107
I only saw one in the wild and the guy put it in his a case when he was done. My 3DS I feel comfortable throwing it anywhere. The switch can't life without a case in my opinion which makes it huge. I think it's fine if you have a backpack or something. I can fit everything I need in a jacket so having to carry a backpack for a switch is retarded.

I'll get a switch when they release pokemon for it. It likely wont leave my house.
>>
File: 1425715225871.gif (550KB, 429x540px) Image search: [Google]
1425715225871.gif
550KB, 429x540px
>Considering getting one or a PS4 for my birthday.
>All stores sold out of the former and I can't decide on a regular model or a Pro model of the latter.

Goddamn it.
>>
File: 86e02f9bd156913e0ee7e9162f6982e6.png (840KB, 1174x647px) Image search: [Google]
86e02f9bd156913e0ee7e9162f6982e6.png
840KB, 1174x647px
>>32766333

You think that's crazy? Check THIS shit out.

I would love to see anything made by microsoft or sony survive even 2 seconds of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBVyF0I2Ruo&t=245s
>>
>>32766226
That's literally the only reason why they complain, it doesn't fit in there pocket. If I can carry my laptop in my backpack all around with no problem, then this is peace a cake.
>>
>>32767559
whats the pros and cons for you?
>>
>>32767559
>console
You could get a better PC for the same price. Unless you actually like gimping yourself
>>
>>32766107
its extremely portable and has a usb 3.0 charger port so if you have a proper cord you can charge it from a wall or a computer. Pretty low battery life 3-5 hours at best. and no cover for the screen so if you don't want scratches you'll have to buy a screen cover

If you enjoy portability it's really a great system. it's why I wasn't surprised pokemon to be on it because it works so well as a portable system.
>>
>>32766466
I saw one where they used a lighter on it to figure out exactly what screen parts were used. 15 seconds of direct flame and it barely did anything to the plastic surface. And they had to put a hell of a lot of effort into breaking the joycons off, and what failed were the screws. Everytging else was perfectly fine

They get scratched easy as fuck, but those things are almost Gameboy levels of durable
>>
>>32766107
A LOT more durable than any of the 3DS models, the drawback being that the screen is exposed, but you just need to get a screen protector for that.
It's about as portable as a 3DSXL, that is to say it won't fit in your pocket comfortable enough to go on a walk with but it'll slip into your backpack no problem.
>>
I used to be one of those assholes who always hauled his laptop, 3DS XL, Vita, and other shit with him, so the Switch is nothing different. I just got one of those cases for it and throw it in my bag. Helps that I also bought one of those giant rechargeable bricks for my phone a while back, and most flights tend to have plug ins.
>>
>>32766157
Get a case dog
>>
>>32766107
The battery is better than 3ds it seems from my personal experience
>>
>>32768645
I mean the battery isn't bad at all but it's definitely not better than 3DS.

I take mine everywhere I go. It really helps to have a portable battery so you don't have to worry about finding a plug or whatever.
>>
>>32768265
>3-5 hours
Bullshit, it has about a 2 hour battery life, take it from someone who has one. That's why I really don't want a main game on it, cause I won't take it anywhere.
>>
File: IMG_20170614_144156.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170614_144156.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>32766107
Handheld-fags here.

It's fine, really
>>
>>32768668
3 hours with Zelda, big Open World.
5h~ with Disgea 5
>>
>>32767478
>delicate
I don't think you know what that word means anon, based on your comment.
>>32768265
>USB 3.0
Nah it uses USB-C.
>>
>>32766117
>nigga
Don't trust anything a nigger says.
>>
>>32766107
It literally fits in my pockets. Screen in one, controller(s) in the other. If you have a bag then there's literally no problem at all, and no lame excuse can change that.
>>
>>32768672
If they make a case for it I might
>>
>>32766203
you sound like a fat sack of shit
>>
>>32766143
>Shit can get broken if you're not careful
Don't handle it like a fucking gorilla then. It's not rocket science.
>>
>>32768691
Oh I was thinking of the wrong one. yeah it's USB-C
>>
>>32768704
right, trust a /polfag instead, that's WAAAY better.

That was sarcasm instead you aren't intelligent enough to tell.
>>
>>32766107
>>32766117
everytime :^)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDs72IwC3e8
>>
>>32766107
Very, very portable. I got a case along with a screen protector and have had no problems. Not a single scratch yet.

It will be fine on long distance trips, but just remember to bring a charger. Depending on games, the switch can last about 3 hours or more.

As a Switch owner, the commercials pretty much explain it all. You can bring it anywhere with no problem, just as long as you don't try and break it.

It's made for kids, so it's pretty difficult to break.
>>
>>32770543
Why is the Switch making noise when he's wearing headphones?
>>
>>32766107
Pretty portable.

I brought mine on a road trip recently and played for the entire time I was not on driv/co-pilot shift.

The carrying case I have from LoZ BotW Colelctor's edition is a bit large but fits perfctly in my backpack. If I wanted to carry just the system I easily could too but it's not perfect for pocket storage. Get a screen protector for sure just to be safe. I also got a thin folding thing to put the system in. It's like one of those iPad covers that double as a stand to prop it up. Makes it easy.

I have never had an issue with transporting my switch anywhere. Like any gadget, be smart and safe with it and you will be fine.
>>
>>32768691
>>32770507
USB-C is still 3.0
3.0 talks about the speed in data
the type C about connection

im not saying this like you guys are wrong, just though i would throw this here because is always nice to learn something
>>
>>32771090
not conection, connector*
>>
>>32768246
a pc better than the ps4 for 300$? show me where faggot
>>
Screen is plastic so I wouldn't worry about cracking it, and if you put the joycon in one pocket and the console itself in another you should be fine
>>
I'm personally hoping they release a purely handheld, smaller version next year when I go buy one. Or at the very least a more portable version. I saw a kid walking around with one at my work one day and it was wider than his torso. I'm a bit bigger, obviously, but still. It might be pushing if I can fit it in my pocket or not, and that's not even if my girlfriend gets one too.
>>
File: 1463368411630.png (134KB, 303x406px) Image search: [Google]
1463368411630.png
134KB, 303x406px
>>32770520
>That was sarcasm instead you aren't intelligent enough to tell.
>sarcasm instead you aren't
>instead you aren't
>>
>>32773301
>I saw a kid walking around with one at my work one day and it was wider than his torso

My sides are in orbit. You are so full of shit, but I want a photoshop of this regardless.
>>
>>32768308
>but those things are almost Gameboy levels of durable
Wait, you mean they're using Nintendium again after so many years?!
>>
>>32775081
I re-read my comment and forgot that I typed that, I must have misremembered it.

It does seem wider than a regular handheld though, still.
>>
>>32766107
If you have a 5+ inch phone, you'll be fine.
>>
>>32766107
>just how portable is it?
isn't it basically tablet sized? throw a case on it and put it in a bag. done.
>>
>>32766107 (OP)
As a Switch owner I can tell you that it vastly outshines it's handheld mode when docked into the TV. You can tell this was the intended user experience, as the handheld mode seems like an afterthought. It's also real wobbly due to how the joycons "click in" so don't expect it to be a solid machine in your hands, even when it's new. This is common, apparently, and the best I can compare it to is when you DS has a floppy hinge. Also note you cant charge the joycons in use and the when you put it in it's stand mode the charger is ont he bottom, meaning it makes things cumbersome.
You could, in theory, carry it anywhere but it's not *good* to be carried anywhere. It's very fragile, has an easily damaged screen(seriously you can damage the screen just by docking it so take care if you buy one, pad that shit), and if it does get damaged don't expect much help from Nintendo. They don't even repair dead pixels anymore. I already carry a fair bit with me and it doesnt play too well with other things in a bag, having an awkward shape, and it's pocket usability is limited because the joycons stick out. You can remove them, but they're costly to replace.
Battery life is variable, around 3 hours or so playing Zelda as a frame of reference. Even with a case it's not really good for trips longer than an hour or so.
As a dedicated handheld gamer, like I assume you are, I can tell you that your fears are 100% valid. Honestly if i'd have known what I know not at launch I would have waited for a hardware revision.Just remember that if you want something thats "portable" in the sense you can take it around your house and not be tied down, or across town a friend's house, you are golden.
My advice is wait until the system gets some games, because unlike the previous hardware switches you cant play WiiU/3DS games on this at all. The 3DS is a better handheld experience, graphics aside, and has a larger library for the time being. Direly needs a hardware revision.
>>
>>32775104
I don't know what those guys are on but it's one of the most fragile handhelds i've owned.
It's not as bad as some people claim but it's not Nintendium.
>>
>>32775196
I'm starting to wonder if this is it for handhelds. I don't really mind; it has been a fun ride, but the Vita has been since launch and there's literally nothing else besides smartphones if you wanna count that. And nintendo seems to be moving in that direction. The future may just be consoles and smartphone "pay to win faster" games.
>>
>>32775266
That is probably the way this is going, sadly. Which is a shame because some of us like to game on the go that isn't "pay to win faster" and apparently thats just not profitable.

On the upside, it kicks the WiiU's ass in the home console sense and doesn't need reverse compatibility there because it's getting all the ports nobody played.
>>
>>32775231
Shit. Not OP, but guess I'm holding off.
>>
>>32775266
Meant to say Vita has been *dead* since launch.

>>32775277
Fair. Guess I'll get a switch maybe during the holiday season. And I'm glad its better than the WiiU. I got the WiiU a few years back and was severely disappointed. So disappointed that I traded it to get a New3DS after a few months.
>>
My biggest problem with the Switch bandwagon is that more than a few owners have shared their experiences with /vp/, but most of positive ones just amount to "better graphics" and "its a fine handheld". The latter gets little detail.
The party that shares their handheld experiences in a negative light actually go into detail.

This alone has convinced me to wait for a hardware revision.
>>
>>32775291
If you want my honest suggestion? I'd actually wait until closer to Pokemon to get one if you want to use it as a handheld.
If you wanna use it as a home console? More power to you, it has like 3-4 games you can play if you include Mario and Pokken at this time. Until then it's just got your standard Nintendo launch stuff and this isn't anything you need to do in a hurry.

But if you really, truly, only wanna buy this once and get a handheld I would urge you to wait a few years until a hardware revision.
>>
>>32766107
It can easily fit in your backpack.

Can't be put in your pocket like a DS though. Hopefully you don't do that though.
>>
>>32766107
Its actually way smaller than i thought it would be. Its way smaller than my tablet. Its easy to carry around. It can fit in your pocket if you put joycons in one and the switch in another. It's actually Pretty small without the joy-cons. Its about as portable as a 3ds xl
>>
>>32766107
The problem with the Switch is that it's clearly designed for the Japanese handheld gamer, where people are packed like sardines and you don't often stray too far from your gaming bubble.

When put into rural areas, or places with long distances between locations, it loses a lot of steam as a "something to do in the car" machine.
>>
>>32766107
It manages to be less portable than the 3DS XL if you can believe that.
If you can fit a tablet you'll probably have to choose one or the other if your bag space is limited, but really if you put another 60 dollars into it this makes it...passable I guess.
>>
>it's not pocketable because it can't fit in my pocket

what sort of unfashionable virgin fucks are you nothing fits into pockets anymore since 2007 at least and it's also a bonerkill to have bulging pockets anyway, grow up and get a fucking bag
>>
I got a tempered glass screen and the case that doubles as a sturdier kickstand, wraps around the tablet and magnet-latches closed. Portability is a fuck yes, and if you do absolutely want to pocket it, throwing the two joycon in one pocket and the tablet in the other is the most reasonable way. Though anons mentioning just throwing it in a backpack aren't wrong, that is truly the most simple method.
>>
File: IMG_1817.jpg (34KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1817.jpg
34KB, 256x256px
>>32766107
I always kept my 3DS in my backpack whenever I went to work at my old job or on trips, so it really changes nothing. However, I did decide to buy the deluxe travel case just because I want to have the option of plugging my Switch into a TV whenever I do travel visiting family so stuffing the dock into my backpack wasn't really a good idea. I'll probably buy a regular travel case at some point through.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.