[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are facetious posts, troll threads, and rampant lies so rampant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Lietard.png (45KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Lietard.png
45KB, 250x250px
Why are facetious posts, troll threads, and rampant lies so rampant on /vp/ and the other video game related threads. Is this seriously what you guys want to talk about?

Do you not know how to have a meaningful discussion? I feel like we have so much to talk about and you can only communicate in autistic screams and "ironic" memes.

Why does everything you say have to be a half-assed attempt at humor or some cheeky comment that someone has to take the time to correct?

Are you that fucking desperate for attention? Are you bored?
>>
Most posters on here are children.
>>
>>32765755
its summer time, the part of the year where you use filters and hide shit threads.
>>
>>32765846
Can the same be said for all of 4chan? I've been here a long while, and while for 4chan has always been shit, it's never been quite this brand of shit. It's formulaic as fuck.

I would just like to talk to people regarding their personal ideas and preferences regarding the new game without someone getting mad or thinking that I'm trying to start an argument with them.

It feels like 4chan is occupied mostly by people that have a lot of preconceived notions regarding certain things without having any reason to think that way other than their feelings. Which is weird, considering how much we supposedly hate other communities that are seen as "softer" than us.
>>
>>32765889
it's been going on before summer started, dunno where you've been
>>
File: 1389266281534.png (361KB, 581x645px) Image search: [Google]
1389266281534.png
361KB, 581x645px
>>32765755
>>32765906
I can't speak for all boards, but /vp/ is not a great place for serious discussion. Of course you'll occasionally have a decent chat but there's this prevailing mentality that this is just a place to "blow off steam" and make "low-quality posts". More people probably see it as a toilet than a place for discussion. Also >>32765846 - pokemon fans tend to not be the greatest people, either.

> it's never been quite this brand of shit. It's formulaic as fuck.
It's been like this for years.
>>
>>32766075
>It's been like this for years.
Well, it's getting old. How do we fix it?
>>
File: tumblr_mm4v9vOpAX1s85vo2o1_500.png (234KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mm4v9vOpAX1s85vo2o1_500.png
234KB, 480x640px
>>32766135
Oh, we don't. /vp/ is beyond saving. I don't really know of any great pokemon communities either - it'd have to be something really niche like a TCG forum or some kind of shiny hunter clan. But if you want, you can improve the board by making good threads/posts. It's not like literally every poster here is awful. Be the change you want to see.
>>
>>32766075
>>32766184
>brett actually has a point
what the fuck kind of bizarre dream world have i entered
>>
>>32765755
anons troll when they're bored

and anons are always bored
>>
>>32765755
>why are there rampant lies on the internet
You tell me op
>>
>>32766075
You're a tripfag. Nothing you say can ever be valid unless you remove it.
>>
File: 1497210405249.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1497210405249.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
>>32765755
Honestly, I'm more concerned with the seemingly endless survey threads. It's strange, really.
If anything, I would guess it's someone trying to see just how dramatically the board demographic has changed now that new games have been announced.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.