[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>People are so cheap that they can't drop a few hundred

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

File: 602.png (352KB, 586x586px) Image search: [Google]
602.png
352KB, 586x586px
>People are so cheap that they can't drop a few hundred between now and November 2018
What's the deal with you guys?
>>
>>32764537
Latias a cute!
>>
>>32764537
If you are going to buy it at least don't do it just for the pokemon game every year. I'm buying a console, a want games, the switch only has Zelda.
>>
>>32764537
I have a bucket of coins I never use. Maybe it'll go towards ultra sun
>>
>>32764555
By the time Pokemon comes out, it'll have Zelda, Spla2, Mario, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, Kirby, and Yoshi. And that's just the Nintendo games.
>>
>>32764537
/vp/'s median age is like 16 and is predominately composed of Americans
>>
It's mostly priorities I think. I bet most of the people bitching about the cost spend $5 a week on fast/junk food but the idea of setting aside $5 a week or $20 a month until the game drops (assuming it's a Christmas 2018 release) requires too much forward planning and forgoring short term rewards for long term rewards.
>>
>>32764537
People under the age of 20 can't afford this kind of money.
>>
>>32764580
Jesus do none of you have jobs
I'm 19 and got one with Zelda and a Joy-Con set
>>
>don't have paid work experience
>entry level retail jobs want previous paid retail work experience
This is the worst hell. Still, a few have told me I've been shortlisted so maybe with all pf our virgin power combined they'll give me an interview.
>>
>>32764537
It's like these people never heard of the concept of 'saving money'

My friends used to be jealous as fuck of me because since the 6th gen I've had every console. They thought that I got all this shit at once and I was spoiled and my parents were loaded.

Nope, I either saved up my allowance or just waited until Christmas and my parents were thoss type of parents who said a few small things, or one big thing in regards to what I could get so I always just chose the console.

And plus I don't have the impulse to buy consoles at launch or feel the need that i have to meet trends to impress friends. I'll get when I have the money.
>>
>>32764569
Oh and I'm sure half the board is underage so saving up allowance/birthday money or applying to operate a register at a store for a few weeks because mom won't use her credit card on expensive vidya is an unprecedented concept.
>>
>>32764605
You don't need previous retail experience to work in fast food, supermarkets, mall stores or places like that, and even if they required it you can just lie because a place paying min wage isn't going to call your previous employer to ask about your performance. Stop making excuses.
>>
>>32764537

Look, it's not about the money it's about the Switch itself.
I fell for the Switch meme and purchased one because I was promised a handheld, and instead I get an ok home console that I can't take beyond my friends house down the road.

I want a pokemon game on a handheld, as it was meant to be, nevermind this thing has horrible battery life and subpar specs despite everybody raving about it's "graphics."

To clarify: I own a Switch. I kinda like my Switch, but I can see why people don't want one and why it's a horrible Pokemon machine. I'm going to continue buying games for it but I don't think i'd waste my time with a Pokemon game there.
>>
>>32764537

I'll absolutely get a Switch eventually. I just want nintendo to hurry up and release a new improved model before gamefreak releases pokemon. I will not buy another fucking vanilla nintendo portable ever again
>>
>>32764605
You sound like a person with little life experience period and takes hyperbole seriously. When people say that shit about needing work experience for some entry level retail shit, that's more than likely exaggeration or that person sucks so fucking much they couldn't handle a simple retail job or flipping burgers.
>>
>>32764686
Go spam your garbage on >>>/v/.
>>
File: ns0gfl5g7luy.png (1MB, 1590x720px) Image search: [Google]
ns0gfl5g7luy.png
1MB, 1590x720px
>>32764719
>>
>>32764719
If you think Nintendo is going to do what they did for the 3DS and DS for the Switch you're setting yourself up for disappointment. If anything this thing will probably end up with some pro model with more power like the Xbox One or PS4 with no real change in form, probably one with more power that's just a home console or one with that's a little smaller that'll stand as a dedicated portable with no detachable joycons. Either way you'll still be paying $60 console prices for the games.
>>
>>32764774
See >>32764743
>>
>>32764580
I just turned 20 and I've been able to afford things like this since I was 17, hell, I just bought my brother his own switch.

Maybe you should get a job?
>>
>>32764686
There are people literally talking about playing this thing on their train commute. Battery life may be shit but even Zelda gets 3 hours, are you fucking retarded? Take the damn adaptor they gave you with it, or buy a separate usb-c and charger.

This is the first time I've heard this one. I've mostly only heard that it's not ergornomic, and not good as an handheld because wideness or some shit.
>>
>>32764743
I don't follow?

I'd assume the /v/ casuals are all over the POKEMON IN HD at the cost of game mechanics and brand identity
>>
>>32764819
You don't own a Switch, do you?
Anybody who claims this thing can work on a train communte is either lying or doesn't have a long one.
I shouldn't have to bring a bag of accessories to have to make something function as a handheld, it should be simple and ergornomic. The battery life is a pisser but theres so much more wrong with it.

Nevermind the fact that a big draw of Pokemon's appeal was the social aspect. Even if you weren't a fan of wifi battles most handhelds stabilized in price and sold multiple copies per household. A Switch is a one and done kind of deal and this denies many people, especially children, a good experience...unless you have wifi of course. Just a small payment, totally.

Wanting Pokemon forced onto a homeconsole because it would look better is something I would expect of Sony fanboys, but I guess thats how hard the board has fallen.
>>
>>32764537
>>
>>32764811
All the complainers come down to are people who are too scared to ask mommy and daddy for some more money after the other dumb ass thing they bought last week. i.e kids and teens.

They throw it around because they just want other broke lazy kids to justify their cognitive dissonance.

I remember these kind of kids from high school, they'd think everything sucked until their parents finally broke and got it for them and then whatever that thing is becomes the coolest thing out because they have it now.

Seriously, these kids can't even come to agreement to so chores around the house for at least $10-$20 a week?

My parents used to give me $20 a week to clean the house, clean the yard, and every thing else back then.

A month is four weeks, so you're making $80 a month, 2 months you have $160, 4 you have $320.

If patience is your problem, learn to have some.
>>
>>32764842
Bag full of accessories? Dumb ass all you need is the usb charger and the console it's self, are you retarded? You don't need the dock and the joycons have great battery life.

Are you riding a train or bus for 3 hours straight?
>>
>>32764842
And you do know it has LAN so you don't need wi-fi.
>>
>>32764586
>>32764811
Who said I was one of them?
I earn $660 monthly.
>>
>>32764686
This is my case. I will probably put down the money when pokémon moves to the Switch but not a second earlier.
The Switch is such a dumb gimmick and the thought of supporting it makes me want to puke.
>>
>>32764909
>>>/v/
>>
ITT
>Bums
>Spoiled kids
>>
File: tumblr_okzti8UNrx1rjr0fco1_500.png (86KB, 500x315px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_okzti8UNrx1rjr0fco1_500.png
86KB, 500x315px
>Wanting me to waste money right out of the gate for a new console
Bite me.
>>
>>32764906
>$8000/yr
>Is £6000/yr
Is that meant to be impressive?
>>
>>32764944
YOU HAVE A YEAR AND A HALF
>>
>>32764537
most of em are all poorfags or want shit handed to them, just ignore them and move on
>>
>>32764569
I drop at least $100 a week in fast food, and I don't want to buy a switch.
Yesterday and today alone was $35 on McDonald's and Pizza Hut.
>>
>>32765032
Then deal with it.
>>
>>32765019
But the real question is if the Switch will have a hardware revision to warrant it's price in that time.

Holy shit these Switchfags are probably the same sort that call X/Y good. Will literally settle for any shit Nintendo throws in their face.
>>
>>32764918
Do you have a point or what?
The Switch is neither a good home console or handheld. The latter is what I want to play Pokémon on.
>>
>>32764580
stop being a fucking poor
>>
>>32764918
>the shitposter from /v/ telling people to go back there.

Shill harder.
>>
File: 1424211977814.gif (27KB, 69x120px) Image search: [Google]
1424211977814.gif
27KB, 69x120px
>>32764976
>Living with my parents
>Don't pay for food
>Don't pay for taxes

I only spend like $100 every month, I have $3,952.81 in the bank.

>>32765072
See >>32764906
>>
>>32765099
And this is meant to impress me?
>>
>>32764976
its better than being a poorfag like you, at lest he has money and you dont, oh wait but then again you must be rich and make 5000$ a month with bitches hanging on your cock 24/7
>>
>>32765111
It should be, considering I'm still a college student, and yet to have a real job.
>>
>>32765115
Look I made the mistake of buying a Switch too, but I couldn't mock somebody for wanting to buy a system that's good for them rather than a hybrid that isn't good at anything.
>>
File: 1493433614353.gif (506KB, 540x573px) Image search: [Google]
1493433614353.gif
506KB, 540x573px
>>32764537
>Just have your parents buy you one for Christmas

You kids don't even have to spend any money. Why is everyone complaining?
>>
>>32764976
i'd kill to have this kind of money, wtf are you talking about?
>>
>>32765136
Because it's less about the money and more about the system's hardware.
>>
>>32764537
>2018
>>
>>32764944

>right out of the gate

I already want splatoon 2 and every game announced at e3 so there's no reason not too
>>
>>32764567
>And that's just the Nintendo games
So that's all it will have?
>>
>>32764569
>spend $5 a week on fast/junk food
>a week
HAHAHAH, I spend nearly 3 times that a day on convenient store trash.
>>
>>32764537
Are people really bitching at strangers on a Portuguese dart throwing enthusiast forum about how they spend their own god damn money and why they should save it for vidya? Let me guess, you guys are Americucks, aren't you?
>>
>>32764537
By the time 2018 rolls around, you could probably fabricate die shrinks of the Tegra X1 that run cooler and power efficient much to the point where they run at Docked settings with 1080p screens.

There's already the means to sell the dock separately.
>>
>>32767836
>Let me guess, you guys are Americucks, aren't you?
O B S E S S E D
B
S
E
S
S
E
D
>>
>>32764537
>a few hundred
>for one game
That's the issue. Not that they're cheapskates, it's that there's no other games that appeal to them.
>>
People were shitting on the 3DS and now people are shitting on the Switch?
>muh handheld
you guys can't make up your minds.
I personally will be getting a switch since seeing the E3 presentation of games coming for it + Pokemon
>>
>>32764537
Can't we have an underage b& general for you guys, all your pointless arguing and garbage opinions need to be confined to a single thread
>>
>Save up around 400€/month
>Can buy whatever I want

Am I the top 1% of /vp/ or is everyone else completely retarded?
>>
>>32764580
Fuckin get a job
I've been out of family since 16, nothing to my name, got a job and an apartment, and more before 19. Disposable income was easy to get when you're self sufficient
>>
>>32764605
Then go to a McDonald's for 3 months
>>
Not going to buy a system that has paid online.
>>
>>32769832
i agree witht he last part but you didnt move out of your parents house until you were 22 Jeff. quit lying on the internet.
>>
This is definitely the worst place to ask this, but
What's a pretty good place to work if you've never had a job and you're 18?
>>
>>32769882
Good luck getting a job with no experience.
>>
>>32769882
Plenty of places hire for the summer. Check department stores, restaurants, movie theaters, etc., anything entry level
>>
>>32764537
I am sitting on having not enjoyed a main Pokémon game for 2 gens in a row and haven't even played competitively since I dropped out of the weather wars.

I think it's time for me to admit that Pokémon just isn't my kind of game anymore.
I'm giving Ultra Moon a chance to pull me back in but if that sucks too I'm getting off this ride.
>>
i work minimum wage temp jobs and also like to eat and leave my hours once in a while for reasons other than work.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.