[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are people celebrating the fact that they will have to shell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 9

File: 2aa.jpg (57KB, 550x456px) Image search: [Google]
2aa.jpg
57KB, 550x456px
Why are people celebrating the fact that they will have to shell out cash for a new console and have more expensive games?
>>
We're not underage anymore and have been around before you were.
>>
>>32763699

>complaining about games being made on the latest console

Did you cry about the move to 3DS as well?
>>
>>32763719
Have fun dying sooner, grandpa.
>>
>>32763732
I didn't buy a 3DS for pokemon
>>
>>32763746

But lots of people did. Your point?
>>
Graphicsfags and people who believe better hardware will lead to Game Freak making a more technically sound game. Unless they go full open world meme, which I doubt, there isn't much they couldn't do with the 3DS anyways if they knew what they were doing.

Regardless, capitalism and not really technology marches on, put up or shut up because that's what the majority wants.
>>
File: 1466311835621.png (24KB, 205x280px) Image search: [Google]
1466311835621.png
24KB, 205x280px
Can't afford a switch, OP?
>>
File: 1428117405523.gif (559KB, 400x276px) Image search: [Google]
1428117405523.gif
559KB, 400x276px
>>32763733
>being this underage
Living must be suffering if you're unable to afford or incapable of conning your parents to buy the console and games.
I'll take being 20 years older than you as a blessing.
>>
>>32763774

Pokemon were going to be released on a different console eventually. Did you think GF was going to pump out games for the 3DS forever? The 3DS is 7 years old and already has 3 sets of Pokemon games and 2 generations.
>>
>>32763699
There's no particular reason to celebrate, but the 3DS was inevitably going to die and be replaced by a new console you'd have to buy. To think otherwise was just delusional.
>>
>Why are people celebrating the fact that they can have their handheld and console IPs all on one system with HD and modern tech instead of a 240p dated piece of shit?
>>
File: 8f1.png (586KB, 600x856px) Image search: [Google]
8f1.png
586KB, 600x856px
>>32763809
>DS had 2 generations
>4 sets of pokemon games
>>
>WAHHHHHH WHY DO I HAVE TO BUY A GB COLOR TO PLAY CRYSTAL?
>WAHHHHHH WHY DO I HAVE TO BUY A GBA TO PLAY RS?
>WAHHHHHH WHY DO I HAVE TO BUY A DS TO PLAY DP?
>WAHHHHHH WHY DO I HAVE TO BUY A 3DS TO PLAY XY?
>WAHHHHHH WHY DO I HAVE TO BUY A SWITCH TO PLAY GEN 8?
>>
>>32763831

3DS will have 4 sets of games when USM come out.
>>
>>32763842
Switch is fucking $549 where I am. That is not an insignificant amount of money.
>>
>>32763699
I'm not. I'm celebrating the death of a handheld that was outdated the day it hit the market. I'm celebrating not having to play some of my favorite franchises on a screen that isn't 240p. I'm celebrating the fact that we might actually see some genuine innovation to pokemon beyond the obvious jump into 3D.
>>
>>32763867

So don't buy it at all, or wait until it gets a price cut or buy one used. Claiming Pokemon games shouldn't be developed on the latest console because you can't afford it is selfish.
>>
>>32763809
No shit it was moving on, that's what I'm saying.
>>
>>32763699
People just don't care about wasting their money and don't care about getting a good product for what they spend.
I mean the Switch was bound to get Pokémon anyway, but I'm honestly annoyed at the people who keep shouting "what are you poor?!?!?!" to anyone who thinks the Switch looks bad.
>>
>WOW WHY IS FUCKING GAMEFREAK NOT MAKING SHITTY 240P GAMES AT 10 FPS ANYMORE?!??!
>>
>>32763699
In a year and a half. I'm buying my switch with pokemon not a moment sooner. By then who knows what triple deluxe 3 extra inches edition they will have made. It won't be as expensive as it is now.
>>
If we had communism, then everyone would be able to have a Switch, desu
>>
>>32763893
>I'm celebrating the death of a handheld that was outdated the day it hit the market.
Switch isn't dead yet though. It's barely comparable with the Vita and the Vita is years old.
>>
>>32764039
No one cares about the Vita. Also, lrn2Nintendo.
>>
>>32763867

The game isn't even getting shown for another year. You have two to save for it.
>>
>>32764041
>lrn2Nintendo
I know Nintendo always puts out subpar hardware, which is why I don't get why people are acting like the Switch is such hot shit. Like Nintendo was at least pricing the 3DS appropriately and selling it at a loss, they're selling the Switch at a profit because of how much they marked it up.
>>
>>32763867
Find a retard that will buy the special cashgrab edition and get his used one. Don't even think of buying it now.
>>
>>32764053
>subpar hardware
Who cares?
>>
>>32764017
>people actually think that because the Switch is a stronger system it means GF will make games that run smoother
>even when this will be the first pokemon game on the Switch
Other companies can run games better on the 3DS than GF does so why the fuck do people think the game on the Switch will magically run good too?
>>
>>32763699
Shell? I'm done with the 3DS. Fucking horribly outdated hardware from 2011.

Kyß fag
>>
>>32764066
The people who keep complaining about how the 3DS is so weak seem to care.
>>
>>32764075
Other games don't use high-poly models like Game Freak.
>>
>>32764075
>no it's not the shitty hardware's fault! it's le GF can't optimize games meme!
>>
>>32764085
And they're smarter for doing that, since it means their games run better.
>>
No more 240p. No more 5fps battles.

Playing on 60 inch tv. Better sound quality
>>
>>32764066
I care. I'm the president of caring.
>>
>>32764087
GF can't even get their gender ratio RNG right and Smash 4 proves that you can do technically advanced shit at 60 fps even on a 3ds.
>>
>>32764114
>GF can't even get their gender ratio RNG right
Hwat?
>>
>>32764114
>oh no, software has bugs!
More news at 11.
>>
>>32764092
Oh come on. The 3DS can totally run Sun/Moon GF just didn't give a shit. It will look and play as if its is at least 2 years old.
>>
>>32764121
>"0% Female": Accurate
>"12.5% Female": Actually 30/252 = 11.9% Female.
>"25% Female": Actually 62/252 = 24.6% Female
>"50% Female": Accurate
>"75% Female": Actually 190/252 = 75.4% Female
>"87.5% Female": Actually 224/252 = 88.88% (exactly 8/9ths!) Female
>"100% Female": Accurate
from SciresM's twitter
>>
>>32764132
h-haha yeah the 12 fps bug that forced GF to cut an entire game mode
>>
>>32764149
I'm talking about the sex ratio and even then it may be intentional.
>>
>>32764088
Yeah, but it also means that they're future-proof to a point. They have really nice looking pokemon models that can be animated differently if they want, but can otherwise be reused for several years to come. Pokemon Go used the same models as XY and they looked fantastic. Sun and Moon used the same models as well as the handful of new pokemon they made at the same quality level. That means when it goes to the Switch, all the models are made and will look fantastic, so they can focus more on giving us a good gaming experience. Just look at the quality jump from XY to Sun and Moon. A large majority of the art work was done, and they were able to give us a bunch of different game mechanics, new game progression and all that jazz. It's not *perfect*, but it's a hell of a lot better, and we can expect a similar level of improvement for future titles with a large chunk of the art work already finished.
>>
>>32763699
I'm celebrating the fact that there are more games coming to the console that I already bought.
>>
>>32763808
>20 years older than most of the board
>being that old guy who's just a little too friendly with the neighbor's kids
>>
>>32763699

>tfw wagecuck
>tfw already have a Switch for Zelda
>tfw I can afford games
>tfw I don't complain about having an expensive hobby

If you want to be a poorfag you can't play video games. Go grow some plants or something.
>>
>>32764189
The switch right now is a 300$ Zelda game. See you in Switch XL lite.
>>
>>32764170
>Just look at the quality jump from XY to Sun and Moon.
I assume you're only talking about graphics and not gameplay.
>>
Dis you cry like this when X&Y were 3DS games? Everyone bitches about moving to a new console but eventually most will.

This should be expected by now, lemme guess your first console fen was the 7th adn you got used to almost 10 years of PS3 and 360.
>>
>>32764215
I didn't have the sense of dread with the 3DS that I do with the Switch.
>>
>>32763699
Why don't we beg for the next games to be on Gameboy while we're at it.
>>
>>32763867
Where the fuck are you that a console is almost double MSRP?
>>
>>32764226

It's almost like denialfags want the next main series games to be freemium mobile crap that they can easily metagame to avoid buying crystals or whatever in order to progress.
>>
>>32764170
You say future proofing that future is going to come and those models are going to look like shit because who know what technology will exist in 2 years. Models will just needlessly be ahead of their consoles all the time, terrible performance till we hit singularity.
>>
>>32764215
My first console was the Wii U, and I'm still waiting to get games on it.
>>
>>32764244
>and those models are going to look like shit
Nope.

>>32764248
>My first console was the Wii U
oh
>>
File: bgb00096.png (6KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
bgb00096.png
6KB, 160x144px
>>32764226
The best Pokémon game released in 2016 was on the Gameboy so that's not that bad an idea.
inb4 "it wasn't released though :^)"
>>
File: RoFksdb.jpg (65KB, 480x464px) Image search: [Google]
RoFksdb.jpg
65KB, 480x464px
>>32764248

>first console was the Wii U

You poor bastard...I actually feel sorry for you.
>>
>>32763809
The problem is that Pokemon has never moved to a strictly home console before.
You can claim the Switch is a handheld all you want, but I can tell you from experience that it's not.
It'll take a hardware revision to make it even close. So now Pokemon has lost a chunk of it's identity when the only things it "gains" is better graphics, in a game that never needed them, and paid online.

>>32763893
>I'm not. I'm celebrating the death of a handheld that was outdated the day it hit the market.

By celebrating Pokemon coming to a console that was outdated the day it hit the market?

>>32763903
It's not about being on the latest console, a lot of us would flock to a new handheld. The problem is Nintendo is forcing us to buy a home console for the first time.

Even as a Switch owner I see no reason to be hype for this. The 3DS needs to die, yes, but holy shit why are we suddenly defending the Switch? I thought graphics being the only important thing was something Nintendo fans didn't engage in.
>>
>>32764256
They already do, they look great when unfiltered. Enjoy your low saturation cell shades that barely move because that's what they're gonna do even because they have no idea what they are doing.
>>
>>32764282
>You can claim the Switch is a handheld all you want, but I can tell you from experience that it's not.
OK, stay delusional then.
>>
>>32763867
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH FAGGOT
>>
>>32764293
OK, /v/.
>>
Because I bought the console already to play other games.
>>
File: 1432922398959.jpg (262KB, 862x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1432922398959.jpg
262KB, 862x1224px
>>32764282
>I thought graphics being the only important thing was something Nintendo fans didn't engage in.
All hardcore drones for any of the big 3 companies will regularly change their standards of what is and isn't important so they can act like their respective console is the best. I remember when both Sony and Nintendo fans laughed at Microsoft forcing its fans to pay to play online, then pic related happened with the PS4, and Nintendo fans mocked both of them, and then the Switch happened and now they're using the same "what are you poor just give Nintendo your money!" shit that Sony used with the PS4 announcement. And of course drones from all three companies flip-flop about whether review scores are meaningless or the only thing that matters based on what games are getting good/bad reviews.
>>
>>32764229
New Zealand
>>
>>32764296
You don't own a Switch, do you?
>>32764314
Can you give me some suggestions? I don't have much time to be stranded at home but so far it's a Zelda machine.
>>
>>32764316
But Nintendo fans don't really care about graphics much, that's not important. Nintendo employs Yokoi's philosophy and I'm glad they still do it.
>>
>>32764332
Regular Nintendo fans, the ones who don't feel they're obliged to defend any and every practice Nintendo engages in, employ that. I personally still believe graphics don't matter.
The people in this threads aren't regular fans, though, they're fanboys, and they're going to shill the Switch using whatever methods they think will work.
>>
>>32764221
Opposite for me, it's the best thing Nintendo could have done, at least for themselves.

It's not hard to see that the end is near for dedicated handhelds, even for Nintendo who's handhelds do the best. Sony left the Vita for dead and it's an indie port portable and for niche games. Sony said there will be no Vita successor awhile back because they know they'll never get it down and there's no used to getting it down in the era of smartphones where most people who could have been a potential customer back in 2004 or 2011 couldn't give a fuck less about a dedicated handheld, they have candy crush now.

Sony's mistake with Vita was the fact that they tried to fly too close to the sun (the smartphone market) made something that kinda looks like a gimped smartphone, and having no idea what people want in games for dedicated handhelds. Couple that with the expensive and stupid choice to use proprietary acessories and you have a shit show.

Nintendo knows handhelds, so they gave you one and they know what kind if games sell on that handheld. But here's the thing, Nintendo knows that outside of Japan the dedicated handheld space won't be around much longer. Westerners much rather have one devics on them and that's more than likely going to be a smartphone. Dinky shitty smartphone games get more attention than a good game on a dedicated handheld, and as these smartphones keep getting more and more powerful, they've even outpaced those handhelds thats stagnate for about 5 years and until the successor is released. Smartphones are making gains yearly, and especially with western devs do you think they would rather blow a budget making a handheld game(which they've never been strong in) or some free to play crap with microtransactions that's going to net them more bank than they put out?

Hence the Switch. Nintendo was dead in the dedicated home console market, their handhelds always sell but again, that market is shaky.
>>
>>32763699
Yeah! Pokemon should still be on the GameBoy so that I don't have to buy a GameBoy Color!
>>
>>32764352
>Hence the Switch. Nintendo was dead in the dedicated home console market, their handhelds always sell but again, that market is shaky.

The problem is they didn't make something that is remotely handheld, not in it's current form.
There will always be a market for games that aren't mobile pay to win, not a big one anymore, but if one person was in any financial position to keep the hype going it was Nintendo.

Instead they do away with handhelds, the things they did well, to try and force people to home consoles. Instead of making something quality that could compete they just flipped the table and gave up. You can tell the Switch's "handheld" mode is an afterthought. If they really wanted this to be successful they wouldn't nickel and dime you with controllers being 80 dollars and paid internet.

This would be a good business decision if they released something of quality, but instead we got a home console that is severely under powered AND a handheld mode that you can't take out of town. Business decisions like this are WHY dedicated handhelds are dying.
>>
>>32764053
There is no way you think they sold any 3ds sku at a loss. Wew
>>
>>32764386
You are delusional.
>>
>>32764391
I doublechecked and you're right, it was only selling at a loss after they slashed the price and did that ambassador program for the early adopters. My apologies, maybe I'll have to see what the Switch is priced at after the first price cut.
>>
>>32764386
>a handheld mode you can't take out of town

What?
>>
>>32764386
Decisions like this are why Nintendo is making a literal shit ton of money. They will follow the money anon. Wake up
>>
>>32764402
>still thinking that they sold any at a loss
Wew
>>
>>32764386
>but if one person was in any financial position to keep the hype going it was Nintendo.

I suggest you take up at least a quick peak at how marketing works

Can't sell water to a fish, can't sell air to a human
>>
>>32764386
The Switch is a handheld with a glorified hdmi connector. What do you think a 3DS successor would have been anyway?
>>
>>32764527
He keeps spamming his nonsense.
>>
>>32764540
Me or the guy I was responding to?
>>
>>32764563
The other guy.
>>
>>32763867
Don't buy one now. There is no reason to unless you want to play BotW and don't have a WiiU.
Wait until a pokémon game actually gets released for it. It is very likely that the original Switch would either have decreased in price, a cheaper version is out, or there being some bundles that let you save decent money.
>>
>>32764832
>needing price cuts
Stop being poor
Anyone who doesn't buy at full price doesn't deserve a Switch
>>
>>32764876
I was giving him suggestions you fucking moron.
If the Switch has no games that appeal to you right now there is no reason to buy it at this point in time.
>>
>>32764527
Something I can carry with me on a trip that lasts more than half an hour.
What we got was a glorified WiiU pad.
>>
>>32763699
>ask for something
>get it
>complain about getting it
???
>>
>>32764985
>Something I can carry with me on a trip that lasts more than half an hour.
Thank God the Switch matches that, then.
>>
>>32764386
I'm actually surprised somebody had the clarity to understand this, but the sad part is the WiiU fanboys are happy to have a replacement.

Handhelds are dead. It's a dumb business decision but Nintendo can lose money now to force you into buying home consoles later.
No business can fail these days, and this thread proves people will buy anything. Nintendo doesn't need good business sense.
>>
>>32764996
>ask for something
>be promised something
>dont get something
>shouldn't complain and just accept what the Big N throws at me
>>
>>32764563
I was talking about the blatant samefag trying to derail the thread. See:
>>32764540
>>32764876
>>32764996
>>32765001
>>32764518
>>
>>32765006
>No business can fail these days
this
We complain about the quality of games around here but we're a drop in the bucket.
They don't need to make quality games anymore because they can sell anything with a label.
>>
File: 9MxyveY.png (84KB, 757x230px) Image search: [Google]
9MxyveY.png
84KB, 757x230px
>>32764170
I agree with you, but reading this now, I've been thinking... How long are we going to see those models in the games? I mean, they look good right now, but it'll eventually get boring seeing the same models over and over again. One of the fun aspects of the old games was looking at the new sprites to see what new pose they could come up with.
>>
>>32764170
>That means when it goes to the Switch, all the models are made and will look fantastic, so they can focus more on giving us a good gaming experience.

The Switch is already a dubious choice for pokemon, but I'm going to call bullshit ont his part right here.
"New Mechanics" is fine and all, but that does not make a streamlined gameplay experience. Especially when Sun/Moon cut a bunch of core shit, like the fuggin National Dex.

These games are probably going to be lackluster no matter what they release on. This is going to be a painful start with upscaled 3DS graphics and we won't see anything new of note until Gen 9, near the end of the Switch's lifespan.
>>
>>32765204
Forever. The models are so detailed that they can easily be reused on the Switch.
I don't have any hope for new textures or animations, gen VII phoned it in so I expect the Switch to do the same.
>>
>>32764327
I seriously don't think you have a Switch at all. I've never used the Switch in anything but handheld mode.
>>
File: 235346.png (730KB, 929x729px) Image search: [Google]
235346.png
730KB, 929x729px
>>32764186
>having complete and utter autonomy
>never having to say "but momm-"

Not the same anon but yeah it's pretty great.
>>
>>32765023
I only made one of those posts and I feel it was pretty clearly sarcasm.
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.