[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Go on YouTube >it's a bunch of kids crying that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_9615.jpg (62KB, 548x590px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9615.jpg
62KB, 548x590px
>Go on YouTube

>it's a bunch of kids crying that they can't afford a switch

Why are Pokemon fans so poor? Is this what playing on a pirated 2011 console for 6 years does to somebody?
>>
>>32761946
Not everyone has rich parents like you, anon.
>>
>>32762066
get a fucking job?????????????
>>
>>32762066
They said it's going to take a year. You can't save up enough to get a Switch and a game in one year?
>>
>>32761946
Can you post the videos? I'm sure you're lying.
>>
>>32762108
>>32762123
it's what, 300$? that's a lot to spend if you can't afford to spend that much in one burst like that. I'm 20, have over 18k in my savings, but it doesnt mean I want to take out 350+tax+accesories+games for almost half a thousand just for video games. Video games are and have been too expensive for a while now.
>>
So people were bitching there was no Pokemon game on switch

And now the bitching because they can afford it. Ffs

This fanbase is to big too carer to everyone
>>
>>32762066
And not everybody is a lazy good-for-nothing too scared to contribute to society like you.
>>
>>32761946
>Wah, I can't afford a Switch
>Wah, why didn't Nintendo announce Stars for Switch
There are two kinds of beta male, ones who bought a Switch and ones who didn't
>>
File: 1403580114818.png (78KB, 297x212px) Image search: [Google]
1403580114818.png
78KB, 297x212px
>>32762133
then stop playing games then if it's so """expensive"""
>>
Don't worry poorfags they will have a "handheld" switch without accessories for a 100er less
>>
>No more poor rubes in my video games

Great. If $300 is going to destroy you than your life is too shit to play video games in general.
>>
>>32762156
could you be any more of a sheep? they shouldn't be so """(((expensive)))"""

you're the kind of faggot that think some gigantic company really needs sixty dollars and tax for games when with DLC and their jewy little microtransactions they make 3 times as much per player for anyone who tends to spend money on that shit
>>
>>32762179
you better be trolling. 300$ is a lot of money, you could have a million dollars and still know that. Money can be spent in a matter of minutes, but takes a lifetime to claw together, faggot.

you sound like the primeval capitalist, trying to tell people they're 'not worthy' or something
>>
>>32762157
That's a stupid idea and not going to happen. The dock doesn't cost shit for them to produce, all of the expensive components are in the tablet.
Not shipping a dock, charger, HDMI cable, joycon grip, or joycon straps and only shipping the Switch and the Joycons would not knock 100 off the price.
>>
>>32762220
It's really not a lot. It's a fraction of my paycheck and it's not a bad value for the amount of entertainment you get. I know choosing between heroin and games are tough. Personally I would go with the heroin too if I lived like you. But if you clean up and start charging a dollar a blowjob it won't even take you a year.
>>
>>32762066
I make just barely over $2000 a month after taxes.

My bills take half that, food and has about another $250.

I am still left with $750 a month to spend on shit.

>But I am minimum wage
Apply for physical labor, make $30k+ a year.

Bam
>>
>>32761946
I thought the fanbase were assblasted because they wanted a fucking game in the console.

I hate Pokéfags. Only JoJofags are worse.
>>
Only thing I don't like about Gen 8 on Switch being announced this early is that it means Gen 7 and USUM are getting cut short before USUM even releases.
>>
>be me
>earn 2000 each month
>got switch + botw at launch
>no problem
>mario kart come out
>instantly buys and gets 1 2 switch

How hard is it to buy something that cheap? It is cheaper than a good smartphone.
>>
>>32762334
>everyone who doesn't have the money i have is a prostitute drug addict

you're a fuck, also it's weed not heroin, which 40$ for 10 grams isn't hurting

also also, I make 170 a week after taxes and union dues, so it's technically two weeks of pay for me

also also also, entertainment isn't part of the value that much, it's inherent to the purpose of the product. extra entertainment would be in the way of a massive amount of content, enjoyability should be inherent to the product

a good example would be titanfall 1. if you know anything about it you know it was online multiplayer only at a full 60$ per copy. Now a more fair price would be 30-35$ (like that new game Lawbreakers is doing), but for me personally, I love titanfall so much that i wasnt particularly bothered by that price point because it was a new IP and the reward justified the risk. However with pokemon, just buying a new console for that (and what else, maybe mario odyssey?) is absurd.

I went into giving you a serious explanation when you were a dick to me, I forgot to insult you more; if 300$ is a "fraction" of your check you either work an unreasonable amount of hours, make a high degree of pay per hour, or both, and you can lick my hairy italian balls for that
>>
>>32762479
>good smartphone
a smartphone costs more in monthly bills than to buy it

you make it sound like even if you have 100,000 dollars, that spending "eh, it's only 60$" repeatedly won't drain that faster than you can earn it back. If you're OG lower middle class like me, money is to be hoarded and spent only when it presents an opportunity to get 1) drunk 2) laid 3) more money
>>
>>32762133
Don't forget to pay online for playing battles, 20$ for a year
>>
>>32761946
Just lazy kids being lazy. Even if they are not old enough to work they could still do jobs around the house and save some money. Hell I started doing that when I was 5/6 years old so I'm sure any kid these days can do it too.
>>
>>32762665
i did that when I was young and never got paid directly for it. I mean, I got video games and toys but was never given my own money to be responsible with until at least 13-14
>>
>>32762209
Your lucky that its only 60 dollars for you. Up here in canada new games are close to 80 dollars.
>>
Most poorfags aren't even all that poor, they're just bad at managing their finances.

They rent an apartment that's too expensive, refuse to have roomates, finance a car for several years instead of buying something cheap and functional, get overpriced phone plans, etc

I pay $33 for unlimited on T-mobile(family plan), I drive an ugly but functional car that I bought outright, I pay $20 for internet(split cost), I pay $450 for rent, etc

People need to be careful about gettign expensive bills.
>>
>>32762683
Seriously? Took your parents a lot of time to trust you with money or something?
>>
>>32761946
Video games IS poorfag hobby tho.
Traveling overseas is where it's at.
I don't mind spending some money on Pokemon, but a lot of pokemon autists are broke college kids.
>>
>>32762706
ask them not me
>>
>>32762700
>living like shit so you can play with digital toys
This is living smart?
This is why poor people stay poor.
>>
>>32762717
Poor people stay poor because they don't have qualifications for higher jobs.

Now you can stick with a place for 10+ years to get into upper management, but that's still a gamble.

Now if you're poor and don't want to be poor, you still need to live as I said, to spend money on a trade school or on getting certifications.
>>
>>32762700
>$33 for unlimited on T-mobile(family plan)

first of all the key word is family plan, so you're payig for your portion with at least 2 other people (parents)

second of all your phone is probably shit. I'm rocking the original iphone 6 so i'm not on the latest phones by any means but if there's one piece of technology everyone (((should))) have it's a smartphone, even the knockoff android ones. Being able to access the internet and do all the things from your pocket is, I think, the baseline level of knowledge for this bold new info age

>refuse to have roomates

third of all, most people have to live with their parents for the better part of three decades these days, why wouldn't you want your own place to yourself?

>an apartment that's too expensive
granted, I live on Long Island, so I know the feels, it's usually either a low monthly cost with utlities not included or vice versa.

>>32762717
also this
>>
>>32762700
>$450 for rent

You're pretty judgmental for someone who lives in the middle of nowhere
>>
>>32762760
it's a rigged system, I don't want to start getting all political here, but the job "market" is barely that - if anything, it's a college market. You spend the most on the most expensive school because its not necessarily your grades or merit that get you good jobs out of college, it's connections that you could logically assume are better the better the college is.

Even with a degree, jobs follow the same formula as without them; you work at a shitty part time, college-kid kind of job. You do this for long enough to use it on an application for another job a few years later. You get maybe a 1 or 2 dollar pay increase, and continue this process, all while living scarily close to the poverty line as an adult, for far too long for diminishing or flat out non-worthwhile returns.

Don't even get me started about jobs that require extra skills - if you didn't take a college degree on that topic, where else are you supposed to get it? for 700-1000 dollars at the local community college? oh, but why don't you teach yourself flash (i'm an animator so this is getting personal), ok, sure adobe, here's what 1,000 - 1,200 for a goddamn drawing program?

everyone who wants your goddamn money is goddamn everywhere
>>
>>32762765
I use an LG G4 I got cheap.(No bootloops yet)

And yeah, it's too expensive to live on your own until you break 40k and even then you should wait til you break 50k.

>>32762770
I rent a house with 2 others, $1350 total.
>>
>>32762133
>>32762209

Actually, the price of games have decreased because the prices have stayed the same for years and never changed with inflation.
>>
>>32762849
is that not what the 20$ difference is?
>>
>>32762209
IMA BABY WAAHHHH CHANGE MY DIAPER WAHHHHH I CANT AFFORD THING WAHHHH
>>
File: ps1 game prices.jpg (238KB, 1023x801px) Image search: [Google]
ps1 game prices.jpg
238KB, 1023x801px
>>32762879

Keep in mind that these are sales prices, and the normal prices are 50-55 dollars. Games have gotten cheaper, you only think they got more expensive because your parents aren't paying for it anymore.
>>
>>32762914
what you meant the flatrate MSRP of 49.99? So I get that that isn't what the game studios or the publishers price them at, but then why are they priced that way from the distributors? and does THAT not account for an increase? I need more explanation

>>32762908
>i'm going to type in all caps to counter him but just embarrass myself in the process
>>
>>32762932

What?

Average game prices was 50-55 dollars. That would be MORE than 60 dollars in 2017 money. Games have gotten cheaper. I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.
>>
>>32762932
>Average game prices was 50-55 dollars
that's what's hard to understand about this, even xbox games used to be 40$, nintendo is the worst culprit of this

non nintendo games went from 49.99 to 59.99
>>
>>32762932
IM A BIG BABY AND CANT AFFORD BIG BOY GAMES WAAHHHHH WHY DO I, THE MOST IMPORTANT BABY IN THE UNIVERSE, HAVE TO SPEND MY MONEY ON THINGS I WANT WAHHHHHHHH *BRAPPP*
>>
>>32762960

No, you were a kid back then so things only seemed less expensive. There are millions of old ads that have games all for the same general prices range.
>>
>>32762133
>$300 is expensive
I have friends who say the same shit when they go out every other night and buy random shit they don't even need. Learn to save your money already
>>
>>32762995
then why is it provable that the prices for say gameboy games have indded gome from 30 to 50 dollars
>>
>>32763006
I do, I hoard it in fact, doesnt mean i want to spend three HUNDRED dollars
>>
>>32763039
Inflation dude. Minimum wage used to be 5 dollars, now its not.
>>
>>32762503
you dont even make 9000 a year, hows full time burger flipping going for you? how can you even afford a home or food?
>>
File: launch prices.jpg (233KB, 655x968px) Image search: [Google]
launch prices.jpg
233KB, 655x968px
>>32762960
>>32763039

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/15/the-real-cost-of-gaming-inflation-time-and-purchasing-power

>I’ve made the argument over the last few years that games are essentially cheaper than they’ve ever been. An NES game in 1990 cost, on average, about $50. That’s $89 in 2013 money. Your $70 N64 cartridges in 1998 would require the equivalent of $100 today. Heck, the $50 PlayStation 2 game you bought in 2005 is worth $60, the exact price of a typical retail game in 2013. This isn't to say that salaries (or hourly pay) have kept up with inflation and the cost-of-living -- it decidedly hasn't -- but it is to say that, dollar-to-dollar over the past 35 years, gaming hardware and software is generally cheaper than ever.

Oh, and before you say "that ign article is lying my memory is objectively correct!" Here is an article from 2001 http://money.cnn.com/2001/11/15/technology/xbox/

>several of the most anticipated titles for the Xbox, such as "Halo" and "NFL Fever 2002," were developed in-house, meaning Microsoft keeps the majority of the $40-to-$50 price tag.

>40-50 dollars in 2001 money, 55-69 dollars in 2017 money, much more expensive than games today

Both game hardware AND software are cheaper today, and no amount of "BUT I REMEMBER IT DIFFERENTLY!" will change history.
>>
File: 39b.jpg (26KB, 418x314px) Image search: [Google]
39b.jpg
26KB, 418x314px
>>32761946
I don't think it's about being able to save and afford a Switch for a lot of people.

I'm still interested in Pokemon, and the new gens, and the new features. Gaming in general? Not so much. I'd be buying the new Switch console solely to play Pokemon. And buying a new console this time means you're spending €400 or more for the privilege.

Do I like Pokemon still? Yes.
Do I like it enough to justify wasting nearly half a grand on a console that will get little use outside of Pokemon? No.

I understand gaming moves on to new consoles, that's fine. I'm just sad I'll likely be checking out after the 3DS games are finished.
>>
>>32763102
actually it's a deli, and it's part time

i live with my pa

why are you saying these things like I'm bad or wrong for doing them, what that's what most people do until their late 20's?

Where do you work, and how did you get there?
>>
>>32763104
well if that's the case then games have ALWAYS been too expensive before and after inflation

inlation is just bullshit altogether
>>
>>32763152

Are you 12 years old?
>>
Lots of underage b8 in here flaunting mommy's credit card
>>
>>32763180
no, why?
>>
>>32763264

How old are you?
>>
>>32763206
Lots more people flaunting their AMAZING skills at working shit jobs, completely mis-managing money, and being an all around bell end.
>>
It's going to take over a year to release. If you can save $20 a month you'll have your $300 in 15 months. If you can put aside an additional $60 on top of that you can get the console and game which will probably be bundled and reduced cost if it has a thanksgiving/Christmas release. Might even be cheaper if you buy the console used. Stop being underage or NEETs and start saving.
>>
>>32762133
Has 18k... won't spend 300
Shut the actual fuck up
>>
>>32762220
>a lifetime to claw together
Have you worked a day in your life? This is embarrassing anon.

I'm working part time for barely above minimum wage and get around 850 a fortnight, but I could afford it.

There's no excuse.
>>
>>32763104
I know this isn't about handhelds, but I distinctly remember GBAs being 100 euros and games 30 euros.
Now a 3DS is something like 200 and the games 45.
>>
>>32763426
I'm neet and I saved for it.
600 nzd
>>
>>32763397
21, why

>>32763433
you sound like my friend who gets mad when i dont want to pay for jew shit like hotels. its my money and spending 300 (in reality closer to 500) will bring me down half a thousand

>>32763460
I'm in the same boat, but i'm talking about enough money to do things like have your own home, stable money for taxes, etc

wait till you want to move out, then see how screwed you are
>>
>>32763472
I'm flatting with friends
Have been for 6 months.

I had the foresight to start saving when "nx" first became a thing.
There
Is
No
Excuse
>>
>>32763492
there are absolutely excuses, and a million of them

first of all how shit is your life living with six people? and judging by your use of the word "flat" i'm guessing you're in the uk so i'm sorry for your loss in general

but seriously that's cutting too many corners. living with people is for people who dorm and spend extra money at school, not for people who commute and work, I deserve my own place, it's bad enough i gotta live with my pa

I play loud music often, I jerk off often, I record for youtube, I need my privacy
>>
>>32763506
Straya
20 dollars per pay anon
Or just do nothing and act like some kind of victim
>>
>>32763138
>>32762334 here
Federal employee. No degree. Just busted my ass working temp jobs for them until I made myself important enough to keep long term.
>>
>>32763522
so your rent is 120 a month? is that in USD? where i live in the us the average rent is about 1700 per month, and i'd still rather have mortgage down that waste my money renting that alone or with friends
>>
>>32763559
ok, so, like most people who aren't in the upper 20% of society, you're either lucky (people you knew or were related to), work that dreaded 100+ hour work week, or are older than me and have put time in

so why lay into what i make and what i do? this is the kind of money people my age make
>>
>>32763572
>you're either lucky (people you knew or were related to),
Nope.
>work that dreaded 100+ hour work week,
80-90 to prove myself. Solid 40 now that I'm in a stable position. It wasn't that bad. Paychecks were amazing.
>or are older than me and have put time in
>why lay into you
Ambitionless, stoner, fast food employee who bitches about 300 dollarydoos.
>>
>>32763605
>80-90 to prove myself. Solid 40 now that I'm in a stable position. It wasn't that bad. Paychecks were amazing.

nobody should have to be a cuck to their work, 40 hours is bad enough (for civil service lmao) but 80 is actual abuse and slavery

>25

Exactly my point, you've got 4 years on me in a job that's meant for moving up, I might get tiny raises here and there but i'm also in school whereas you're committed to that job for life, i'm not ready nor do i care to have that kind of a commitment to any job save for the one i'm pursuing

>Ambitionless, stoner, fast food employee who bitches about 300 dollarydoos.

>Ambitionless

motherfucker you don't know what I have planned nor do i need to explain my shit to you, i have a massive youtube and twitch empire, i'm always moving up, call me ambitionless

>fat

nice try bro but that's just straight up projecting

>fast food

grocery store actually, whole different ballpark

>stoner

got me there though :')
>>
File: xkJgXtK.jpg (20KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
xkJgXtK.jpg
20KB, 540x360px
>>32763736
>nobody should have to be a cuck to their work, 40 hours is bad enough (for civil service lmao) but 80 is actual abuse and slavery

>can't afford shit

It shows. What do you do with all of that time? Especially when you don't have money?

> i have a massive youtube and twitch empire
AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

You can't make this shit up, folks. This has to be advanced level bait.
>>
>>32762108
Most of the people watching a Pokémon video on the YouTube comment section are kids.
>>
>>32763870
Oh you're mad, I can tell.

>It shows. What do you do with all of that time? Especially when you don't have money?

You mad 40hourfag? Mad that I make good money with PLENTY of free time to do what i want? :)
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.