[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what the hell is the point of getting these games now that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: ultra-sun-ultra-moon-logo.jpg (91KB, 740x189px) Image search: [Google]
ultra-sun-ultra-moon-logo.jpg
91KB, 740x189px
So what the hell is the point of getting these games now that we know that gen 8 is coming for the switch next year?
>>
Because GEN 8 is cooming in 2018 doesnt mean we cant have usum
>>
Completing Alola, as well as providing padding for the switch games, which will probably release late 2018 at best.
>>
>>32761159
I don't know desu
>>
>I'd rather have no games than some unnecessary games
>>
>>32761159
To shill out money
>>
>>32761159
>next year
haha
>>
I really don't think logic. Every generation is different story and stuff
>>
Would you rather wait with a half finished generation until Christmas 2018-19?
>>
>>32761159
What's the point of Yellow if we know that Gold and Silver are coming? What's the point of Crystal if we know that Ruby and Sapphire are coming?
>>
They'll be miles better than SM like how third versions always improve the base games.
>>
>>32761159

>next year

2019 earliest
>>
Because this is the finished version of SM.
Thanks for beta testing.
>>
More Lillie.
>>
Gen starting games have no post game.
>>
Sun/Moon felt genuinely unfinished in places.
Thing how you don't visit the golf course or barely explore the power plant, think how there's only 7 trials instead of 8, and an unexplained elite 4 member.
This is them finishing the game.
>>
File: black-white-2-med.jpg (85KB, 600x351px) Image search: [Google]
black-white-2-med.jpg
85KB, 600x351px
So what the hell is the point of getting these games now that we know that gen 6 is coming for the 3ds next year?
>>
>>32761326
At the time gen 6 hadn't been announced. XY was only hinted t after release.
>>
>>32761159
>it's coming out next year
>but it doesn't have a name
>or literally any information about it

You won't even get a game title until at least a couple months after USM are out.
>>
>>32761333
They had to hint it this time though
switchfags were extremely butthurt so they had to get ishihara to say
>hey you are still getting a main series on switch stop fucking crying
>>
What if the first Switch game we get is Sinnoh? Lol
>>
>>32761347
Yeah pretty retarded since we all knew that pokemon would come to switch eventually.

That said, looking at USUM I don't really feel too bad about its sales being possibly reduced as a result since it really does seem like a cashgrab. Previous third versions would have a good postgame but seeing as GF sees postgame as a waste of time now I don't see the point of the game.
>>
Let's have a strawpol about it

Which of the games will you buy?
http://www.strawpoll.me/13180851
>>
>>32761159
So I can play again, this time with the female protagonist like I should have done it in the first place.
>>
>>32761159
You're a fucking moron. This is how they do things all the time. Fucking hate newfags to the series actually voicing shit they know nothing about.
>>
Move tutors
>>
>>32761159
They didn't say Gen 8. It's just going to be Gen 7 story continuation in the form of RB re-remakes.
>>
>>32761663
I'm buying both because I'm not poor and I'm an actual Pokémon fan.
>>
>>32762752
>first Pokémon games on a new console
>not a new gen
Yeah right
>>
>>32761159
looking more like 2019 actually
>>
>>32761285

fingers crossed for 2019

gamefreak rushing a game on new hardware is a recipe for disaster
>>
>>32762729

This. I have a wormadam I've been waiting to teach sucker punch since HG/SS
>>
>>32761159
>b-but what's the point of buying Emerald when gen 4 is on the way????
>>
Because it's likely to make Alola actually decent while the first Switch game will be weak like DP or XY

Also laughing at people thinking it absolutely won't come out next year, but then again these people probably haven't been following the news we've had for months and only believed a Switch mainline title would come as of today
>>
>>32761389
>thinking postgame makes a game good
are you retarded ? the gen that got the most shit on,gen 5,had one of the best postgame, second only to gen 2
>>
>>32761347
This actually brings up an interesting point. Game Freak must've seen the online backlash (bitching) from fans about there being no mainline pokemon game announced for switch. And since we only have word saying that there'll be a mainline rpg on switch, did Ishihara only announce pokemon switch to satisfy fans whe there's clearly nothing ready for it yet?
>>
>>32761267
More in general: what's the point of getting a Pokémon game if we know there will be a sequel after a few years.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.