[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Magnemite unavailable until after the 5th gym >Houndour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 18njncpezhksijpg.jpg (61KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
18njncpezhksijpg.jpg
61KB, 800x450px
>Magnemite unavailable until after the 5th gym
>Houndour unavailable until post e4
>Beldum unavailable until post e4
>Froslass unavailable until post e4 (DP only)

How would you balance where to encounter/get new gen Pokemon? I understand you can't just get them all on the first few routes, but it really sucks when the Pokemon you want to use for a regular run isn't until much later in the game.

In your head, what would you use to determine whether a Pokemon should be catchable early, late, or post e4? What Pokemon do you wish could have their location changed? If you could choose where 50 new basic Pokemon could be found, how would you distribute them throughout a region?

I.E. Slugma evolves at a late level, makes sense to have it obtainable at level 27-32, as well as its weak typing making it unsuitable for a normal run, and its not too cool/sought after.

What do you think?
>>
In general, the stronger mons should be harder to get or only obtainable later in the game. Type distributions should also be taken into account.

>Magnemite unavailable until after the 5th gym

I'm guessing this is RSE/ORAS? Should've made New Mauville accessible right after the 3rd gym. The only decent Electric type available to you up to this point is Manectric.

This was a terrible idea. Should've put it on the route leading to Mahogany town.

>Beldum unavailable until post e4

This is more understandable, being a pseudo. I would've made it available right as soon as you get to Mossdeep.

Platinum did it right.
>>
>>32752642
This. Slugma and Houndour on Mt. Mortar, Misdreavus and Murkrow on Burnt Tower at least and had Marill and Remoraid in the fucking water routes instead of more Zubat and Tentacool everywhere. I get they're trying to make them rare or whatever but having them appear AFTER you complete the league is inexcusable.
>>

in gsc you can find growlithe early on. why not just replace it with houndour in those spots. and where houndour is in kanto, just replace it with growlithe.

the point of the crossgen evos in gen iv was to encourage you to buy and play gen iii games in the bottom slot of your ds and trade them up via pal park

>How would you balance where to encounter/get new gen Pokemon?

have a ratio of newgen and oldgen wild pokemon that changes as you beat gyms

>gym 1: 100% new 0% old avg level 5
>gym 2-3: 80% new 20% old avg level 15
>gym 4-6: 40% new 60% old avg level 25
>gym 7: 60% new 40% old avg level 30
>gym 8: 100% new 0% old avg level 40
>>
what if shittons of pokémon could be found in every route instead of 6-7, but most of the "better" ones were ridiculously rare or complex to find?
>>
>>32752585
It should be a combo of stats and evolve level.
For example Rufflet and Vullaby should've been pushed back to the dessert area in Alola since they evolve so late. I felt sorry for my bf cos he was using Vullaby and he didn't realise how late it evolves.
>>
>>32754128
They were hella late in BW and stuff evolved based on their levels in that. Now I think in SM you get the pseudo base form so late again you basically need two rare candies for Kono-mo.

That's why I'd want rustling bushes to come back. They had rare evolved forms, including trade/stone/item evolutions. If they change them to make them rarer but not include audino that'd be great
>>
Magnemite is stupidly, stupidly broken early game, as seen in BW2 and SM. The types it's weak against tend to be so rare that few things can kill it. Plus it hits like a truck, has sturdy, and resists fucking everything.
>>
>>32752742
Growlithe is only early in Crystal, you can get Snorunt before the 7th gym, it's the Dawn Stone to evolve Snorunt that isn't until post e4,
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.