[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

USUM should have been sequels and you know it. The Pokemon timeline

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 12

File: you sick fuck.png (244KB, 872x632px) Image search: [Google]
you sick fuck.png
244KB, 872x632px
USUM should have been sequels and you know it. The Pokemon timeline is already unnecessary obtuse as it is, having more alternate universes going alongside each other is dumb, DUMB.
>>
I'm fine aslong as it's a different story.
I can't give a ratatta's ass about how complex or not the timeline and the "lore" become.
>>
>>32751215
Its gonna be "different" in the same way Platinum was different to Diamond and Pearl.
>>
File: 1292101068558.jpg (166KB, 637x1016px) Image search: [Google]
1292101068558.jpg
166KB, 637x1016px
>>32751220
Or they might actually capitalize on the "alternate universe" thing and deliver something as different as BW2 was.
You can't tell me wrong yet.
>>
>>32751180
Just make training Pokemon in the endgame less cancerous. SM was good, but the endgame is so barren.
>>
>>32751233
But BW2 were sequels.
>>
>>32751252
Yes they were. But as the universe is set right now, it is entirely within the realm of plausability to have different stories happening at the same time in (relatively) the same place.

That's actually kinda exciting and a step forward from Lake of Rage reports.
>>
>>32751180
Maybe you'll first wait to see if it's actually a sequel before claiming it isn't though.
>>
>>32751268
>Alternate Universe
>Clearly see the same protag (But with new clothes) and the same house (But touched up)
>Protag has no reason to get another starter and go on another journey

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>32751268
Um, we already know that it isn't.
>>
>should have been
Why do fans think they know what they're talking about?
>>
>>32751296
How does Masuda's sphincter taste, cuck?
>>
>>32751306
I haven't bought a game since HGSS so
I'm not sure of who the cuckold is here.
>>
>>32751321
I pirated all 3 pairs of 3ds games fag

Besides, i'm glad i spent money on BW2, well worth my brittish pounds
>>
>>32751321
Then why do you think you know what you're talking about?
>>
>>32751333
>>32751329

If neither of you are paying customers, I think that Gamefreak is somewhat justified in ignoring what you think.
>>
>>32751329
I played BW and B2W2 though. Is Citra capable of emulating XY, ORAS, and SM yet?

>>32751333
I didn't say I think that. You and I tend to look at the games with the perspective of fans and not of developers who are marketing them to a generic audience.
>>
>>32751180
>USUM should have been sequels and you know it.
Agree, would have been better.

>The Pokemon timeline is already unnecessary obtuse as it is
Not really, its pretty straigtforward. Not to mention the last three gens just happen after the previous one.

>having more alternate universes going alongside each other is dumb, DUMB.
They havent said its an alternste universe and you just were talking about the timeline, what the fuck anon.
>>
>>32751278
It hasnt been stated its on an alternate universe.
>>
>>32751386
>>32751396
So I guess you think the SM protag just decided to release his team and start another journey, new starter and all.
>>
>>32751180
Gamefreak are doing whatever the hell they want. They don't give a shit about the timeline or the canon. Every time they release new games we're the ones deciding how it fits in.

>>32751386
>>32751396
They said it's an alternate story in the direct. It's an alternate universe like Crystal, Emerald or Platinum.
>>
>>32751396
It was. Masuda itself said it.
>>
>>32751386
>hey havent said its an alternste universe
1.In ORAS they said that paired versions are already alternate universes so...
2.The own trailer says it's an "alternate story.
>>
>>32751403
I never said that.

>>32751405
>Gamefreak are doing whatever the hell they want. They don't give a shit about the timeline or the canon. Every time they release new games we're the ones deciding how it fits in.
It has already been proven they do care anon, stop spreading misinformation.

>They said it's an alternate story in the direct. It's an alternate universe like Crystal, Emerald or Platinum.
Those werent alternate universes.

>>32751417
In oras they said rse and oras are different universes.
>>
>>32751245
I wish they removed cancer plaza and I'll take the shittiest grind to 100 ever if I don't have to see Cartman every time.
>>
>>32751424
They set up universes in two stages.
First they said something along the lines of "imagine the same Hoenn region we live in only with different species living, where maybe groudon was awoken instead of kyogre" this references the differences between alpha sapphire and omega ruby, acknowledging them as paralel universes. Then it was followed as "or even a Hoenn where mega evolutions don't exist" that is indeed ruby/sapphire (and later in S/M emerald, as Tower Tycoon Anabel was something that only existed there)

Each game (or even each copy of each game if we get too meta) in an alternate universe, only that some universes are way more similar than others.

Of course that would mean that USUM would already be alternate universes even if they kept the same clothes, the WiiU, no pikaplace and every other difference we've seen were removed, but it seems that they really want to put an emphasys on that this time, so whether that means we get the same game with a few additions or a new story is yet to be seen.
>>
File: 1493471703338.png (515KB, 640x451px) Image search: [Google]
1493471703338.png
515KB, 640x451px
>>32751349
Here is the best scene in Citra.
>>
>>32751465
>They set up universes in two stages.
>First they said something along the lines of "imagine the same Hoenn region we live in only with different species living, where maybe groudon was awoken instead of kyogre" this references the differences between alpha sapphire and omega ruby, acknowledging them as paralel universes.
That's just a reference to the fact there is another version, not a proper statement. Regardless, as you quoted, this is about hoenn, which only acknowledges alpha sapphire and omegs ruby.

>Then it was followed as "or even a Hoenn where mega evolutions don't exist" that is indeed ruby/sapphire (and later in S/M emerald, as Tower Tycoon Anabel was something that only existed there)
These are used as plot points, those are confirmed. Doesnt talk about every paired version either.

>Each game (or even each copy of each game if we get too meta) in an alternate universe, only that some universes are way more similar than others.
This wasnt stated. Only for a few specific cases.

>Of course that would mean that USUM would already be alternate universes even if they kept the same clothes, the WiiU, no pikaplace and every other difference we've seen were removed, but it seems that they really want to put an emphasys on that this time, so whether that means we get the same game with a few additions or a new story is yet to be seen.
If you false premises are true then yeah, your conclusion would also be.

"Alternate story" can mean 4 things:

1)alternate timeline, which never happened.

2)other parallel story which is not the case since the protags are the same.

3)alternate universe which COULD be the case but hasn't been stated and, if it were the case, we have to wait till we see the game.

4)a different version like crystal, emerald or platinum, which is also likely.

You're saying is 3) but you cant do so before we have the games on hand.
>>
>>32751465
All true, like asserted canonically in BW and ORAS, the only thing is that they aren't alternative universes, but alternative dimensions. UA are the the GBA/DS and 3DS ones for example.
>>
>>32751527
Pls no bully, but whats the difference between alt dimensions and alt universes?
>>
>>32751477
Why didn't you take a screenshot?
>>
>>32751546
I didn't emulate the pic, but that scene alone would look the best.
>>
>>32751415
He literally said alternate story IN THE SAME WORLD.
>>
What exactly says that they won't be sequels, other than they don't have the number 2 in the titles?
>>
>>32751267
>tfw I never realized the Lake of Rage reports were happening while Ethan was already adventuring through Johto and Lucas was starting his
>>
>>32751569
Because Game Freak always announces sequels as such.

Pocket Monsters 2: Gold & Silver dropped the 2 by Space World '97 but their status as sequels to Pocket Monsters: Red & Green set 3 years later didn't.

Black 2 and White 2 were announced as sequels to Black and White that are set 2 years later.
>>
>>32751580
The Lake of Rage reports are only in DP though. Platinum changed them to something random.
>>
>>32751180
I want to make love to that velvet room attendant.
>>
>>32751569
If they were they would just say its a sequel. The mcs also seem to be the same.
>>
>giving any fucks about Pokemon's gay ass timeline and story elements

and then OP was the faggots all along
>>
>>32751678
Thankfully, gf doesnt pander to people like you.
>>
>>32751180
I am going to do awful things to Lavenza

Like fill her lunchbox with worms, or put spiders in her shampoo
>>
>>32751693
Hey, even OP admitted the timeline was bumfuck retarded

Not that they realize the truth of the alternate universe shit they've made abundantly clear with the recent entries and instead falling for the Megaverse meme
>>
>>32751508
The basic explanation is that an alternate universe can be a place just like the one you're in but with slightly different distribution. That IS paired versions.
The implication is that primal kyogre awakening and primal groudon both ARE canon and both HAVE happened (together with versions of the same events without megas), only that they happen in alternate universes.

It's all a narrative mechanism to bring the meta reality (game sold as different versions and generations) into the fictional reality of pokémon, together with each player's personal story. As well as lay grounds to say that many universes exist and that they can be very similar (alpha sapphire to omega ruby) or very different (ruby to omega ruby)

>You're saying is 3) but you cant do so before we have the games on hand
Well, from what I've taken from ORAS, BW and SM, 3 and 4 are one and the same. I'm just wishing for this "universe" to be so different that it also fits your personal 3.

>>32751527
I don't think there's really any difference. For the most part.
I mean, Ultra Space is not quite meant to be the same as og Hoenn vs remade Hoenn or B Unove vs W Unova (although it could be a very extreme version of such), but it serves as a connection. Through the power of Ultra Space, Anabel was carried over from emerald (aka "the Hoenn without mega evolutions") to SM ("the Hoenn with mega evolutions")

They have hit upon a well of fanservice with this but I doubt they'll ever exploit it well.
>>
>>32751744
>Hey, even OP admitted the timeline was bumfuck retarded
That's just op being too retarded to get a game for 7 year old kids. Doesnt make the timeline actually retarded.

>Not that they realize the truth of the alternate universe shit they've made abundantly clear with the recent entries and instead falling for the Megaverse meme
They didnt realize anything, stop projecting. Of course the games will seem retarded if you dont even bother to get them.
>>
>>32751588
Maybe platinum is an universe in which redgyarados never happened.
Or maybe it's an universe where the gyarados report aired at a different time slot.
>>
>>32751789
But Platinum is canonical, it is referred to in HGSS and BW, for example.

They simply did the same thing with the Johto reference in RS when they made Emerald.
>>
>>32751678
Whithout the story elementsit will basicalky be the exact same game as SM, why buy it again?
>>
File: 1313613920045.png (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1313613920045.png
52KB, 600x600px
>>32751180
>SM Sequels when both evil teams are disbanded and the main antagonist is being treated in a different region.
>>
File: 1496836328955.png (536KB, 805x492px) Image search: [Google]
1496836328955.png
536KB, 805x492px
>>32751569
Other than this >>32751582
>>32751661 , pic related
Someone new with the same face living in the same house with the same furniture distribution is just too unlikely.
>>
>>32751180
I agree with wanting sequels but why do people care about the timeline so much? You don't need to play every game beforehand to understand the story in SM.
>>
>>32751794
It's a third version. It'll have additional features in addition to story changes. Almost certainly move tutors and more battle facilities, and probably things like gyms and walking Pokémon that we've already seen some evidence of.

Whether that justifies buying it again is entirely a matter of personal opinion.
>>
>>32751799
>What are interesting NEW characters

Here's your (YOU)
>>
Just to be sure, are there really people saying "they might be sequels?"

Because that's "Sun/Moon might be Gen 6"-level willful blindness.
>>
>>32751780
>RS takes place before GS

Nah, it's retarded

And yeah it's a crying shame that the simple and clean fact of how the multiverse shit actually works—which has been established for many generations—is missed on most fans because they can't think wide enough
>>
>>32751799
Wow, it's almost as if you could just make new evil teams.
>>
>>32751776
>The basic explanation is that an alternate universe can be a place just like the one you're in but with slightly different distribution.
They didnt explain the concept of alternate universes

>That IS paired versions.
They just talked about the posibility for ONE pair, not ALL, that could be for all but they didnt say so.

>It's all a narrative mechanism to bring the meta reality (game sold as different versions and generations) into the fictional reality of pokémon, together with each player's personal story. As well as lay grounds to say that many universes exist and that they can be very similar (alpha sapphire to omega ruby) or very different (ruby to omega ruby)
That's just your projection. We have to go by the stated facts.

>Well, from what I've taken from ORAS, BW and SM, 3 and 4 are one and the same.
Except oras, bw and sm are the actual cases where it is mentioned that is 3). I'm not saying 3) never happened, i'm saying its not the only truth

>I'm just wishing for this "universe" to be so different that it also fits your personal 3.
>personal
I didnt invent the idea of alternate universes anon. It existed long before i was born. It will "fit" my "personal" 3) when there's an ingame statement about it, the differences are irrelevant. Again, it COULD be the case that it is an alternate universe but we need the games to say anything about them. We need fact, not your projections.
>>
>>32751828
Plenty. Take a look in this very thread. Not to mention in the Youtube comments and on leddit.
>>
>>32751831
But RS takes place before GS since FRLG (and, by virtue of GF considering them the same for practical purposes, RG) don't have to time travel to communicate.
>>
>>32751840
I mean, yeah, I know, I guess I was just expressing my incredulousness that people would seriously believe that, and aren't just trolling or something.
>>
>>32751831
>>RS takes place before GS

>Nah, it's retarded
There's nothing wrong with that. Of the concept of a game being released after but being cronologically before other is too complicated then pokemon games are too complex for you.

>And yeah it's a crying shame that the simple and clean fact of how the multiverse shit actually works—which has been established for many generations—is missed on most fans because they can't think wide enough
Agree.
>>
>>32751816
>Almost certainly move tutors
I see people usually want them this a lot and even blame SM (or whatever game is the generation's first) for not even them. But, like, move tutors are just extra TMs...
>>
>>32751858
I don't disagree. They're generally one of the traditional "third version" features that I care less about. But some people do value them, and it might factor into their decision on whether to buy the game.
>>
For those of us who have datamined the DS games, GF internally refers to FRLG as RG and HGSS as GS.

When Matsumiya temporarily tweeted the timeline, he said:

RG = RS -> GS = DPPt -> BW -> B2W2 = XY

Note how he said DPPt instead of DP but RS instead of RSE (ORAS had just been announced).
>>
>>32751716

Then you get megadolianed.
>>
>YFW there's literally only one pic of Lavenza on rule 34

THIS IS NOT OKAY
>>
>>32751904
why don't you draw some for us yusuGAY
>>
>>32751831
I'm excited that now those multiverses not only exist but can also interact with each other, quite intently at that.

Also, with this being canon for so long now, I wonder why we still don't have games that talk about the kid who defeated TR, the one who took the Champion title from Green's hands right at the last moment and then, when you two finally meet, it wasn't Red because he doesn't exist, it was Blue/Leaf all along

>>32751848
I always see this stated as the reason but is that ll we have? Are there no other relations? Because no time capsule is very feeble, that applies to only one generation.
>>
>>32751904
https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/?tags=lavenza
hmm
>>
>>32751911
>I always see this stated as the reason but is that ll we have?
You set up the Network Machine at the Pokémon Network Center in One Island to establish communications between the Sevii Islands and Kanto, and later, Hoenn.

Why would this be possible if they weren't contemporaneous?
>>
>>32751911
>I always see this stated as the reason but is that ll we have? Are there no other relations? Because no time capsule is very feeble, that applies to only one generation.
Well, we have >>32751889 but this being the pokemon fanbase, misinformation and headcanon are more relevant than whatever pokemon's actual creators say.
>>
>>32751816
>third version
t. 2005

What is internet and dlc?

>personal opinion
As with everything, there are people literally enjoying eating shit.

If they're adding gyms why wheren't there in the game to begin with?
Taking something out and then putting it back again, marketing it as a new feature, come on.
>>
>>32751955
DLC has always existed in Pokémon. There were the exclusive e-Reader berries in RS that weren't programmed into the game and you could only have one of them at once (internally, the games added an Enigma Berry to your inventory and replaced it with the DLC of the e-Reader card).
>>
>>32751955
Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I'm just reminding you what Pokémon games have been doing for literally decades. If you don't like it, you don't have to buy them. I might not. It depends what the added features are.
>>
File: 1488472497860.jpg (17KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1488472497860.jpg
17KB, 640x480px
>>32751180
Pokemon timeline is simple enough that a fucking kid can understand it. Making a sequel would be FAR more complicating than just replacing SM, and it's STILL fucking easy enough for a kid to understand. You're just that retarded.
USM are fine as whatever they are.
>>
>>32752011
Remakes and third versions don't replace the original games. Did you even play ORAS or SM, newfag?
>>
>>32752019
See >>32751889

Game Freak begs to differ.
>>
>>32752028
That gamefreak tweet was before ORAS came out, and it was deleted soon after. fuckin moron.

And with the internal data, do you not understand the concept of a retcon, or do you need everything explained to you?
>>
>>32751839
>They just talked about the posibility for ONE pair, not ALL, that could be for all but they didnt say so
Do you want they to explian with all detail every single iteration, past and future, is and isn't a separate universe? That's ludicrous, unnecessary and the characters don't even know that with certainty, they haven't stepped into other universes to confirm what is in them, watch the game's label and then tell you.
>>
>>32752011
>Pokemon timeline is simple enough that a fucking kid can understand it.
If only the pokemon fanbase was that smart.

>>32752019
They do though, just check the posted timeline that places platinum with dp.

>oras
States rse and oras are in separate universes, says nothing about hgss akd frlg

>sm
Usum isnt even out.
>>
>>32752043
>Remakes and third versions don't replace the original games.
>And with the internal data, do you not understand the concept of a retcon, or do you need everything explained to you?
Which one is it, newfriend?
>>
>>32752045
>Usum isnt even out.

Doesn't need to be. Anabel comes from Emerald confirming it still exists. Yet ORAS tells us that ruby and sapphire still exist. Simple enough for you kiddo?
>>
>>32751889
And no Crystal so we stop asking about Kris.
>>
>>32752053
What level of autism is this? is this hard for you to understand? Originally remakes did replace the original games. Then when oras came out, they retconned the timeline to mean that every single game and remake happens in it s own universe. Is that tool hard to comprehend for your tiny infant brain?
>>
>>32752068
They already solved that when HGSS came out. GF said Lyra was a new character since GS didn't have a female player, heh.
>>
>>32751921
For once, because that kinda happens with Pal Park and the archery range too.
For seconds, because you can do exactly this between BW and B2W2 despite them happening two years apart with no time machines or any other story explanation.
>>
>>32752076
>For once, because that kinda happens with Pal Park and the archery range too.
Pal Park is migration, not direct trading so there's that.
>>
>>32751966
Point is that we don't need a 3rd version with todays internet, you could just patch the original game. Even if they charge you for it a seperate version is unnecessary.

>>32751971
I'm aware of what they have done in the past but that doesn't excuse shitty marketing practices in the now. People can buy what they want, it's their money.
Practices like this reminds me again how pokemon is just a huge cashgrab and nothing more to Nintendo and will never reach its its highest potential quality.
>>
>>32752086
What are you quoting? I didn't say that you fucking faggot.
>>
>>32752086
Meant for >>32752080
>>
>>32751971
Well, in the past they kinda get a past because there was no other way to release an improved version.
Nowadays, with DLC being so prevalent in every console, releasing a tiny pack of improvements as a full game instead of the more user-friendly DLC is quite scummy.
>>
>>32752076
>Is that tool hard to comprehend for your tiny infant brain?
Your seemingly adult brain is apparently too limited to learn languages, let alone more complex concepts.
>>
File: argument-typo.jpg (32KB, 735x541px) Image search: [Google]
argument-typo.jpg
32KB, 735x541px
>>32752104
>>
>>32752043
>what gf says doesnt count
Counts more than your headcanon at least

>>32752044
>Do you want they to explian with all detail every single iteration, past and future, is and isn't a separate universe? That's ludicrous, unnecessary and the characters don't even know that with certainty, they haven't stepped into other universes to confirm what is in them, watch the game's label and then tell you.
Yes, i want to have actual sourced information instead of headcanon. I know the pokemon fanbase prefers the latter but that shouldnt be the case. Not to mention that your point contradicts itself as its based on the premise that the characters dont know about the games so your headcanon cant be sustained in anything they say. And the fact that anabel, the sm mc and possibly zinnia's clan visited other universes.
>>
>>32752110
Its not my head-canon you insufferable pedant. Gamefreak retconned themselves. Why are you so reluctant to admit this?
>>
>>32752064
....so?
I never said rse aren't canon. That just means what was stated by zinnia is correct, which i never questioned but she never talks about sm.
>>
>>32752120
>Its not my head-canon you insufferable pedant. Gamefreak retconned themselves. Why are you so reluctant to admit this?
When did they retcon and how?
>>
>>32752120
Because it's factually incorrect, you fucking retard.
>>
>>32752127
Why would one group of games have their own universe each, but not the others? Do you need everything spelled out to you in alphabet spaghetti you fucking autist?
>>
>>32752130
You wanna provide proof for that? Not proof that has been deleted, as you previously have. Proof that is still relevant today in the days after ORAS. Go on.
>>
>>32752129
READ

THE

THREAD

FAGGOT
>>
>>32752132
>Why would one group of games have their own universe each, but not the others?Do you need everything spelled out to you in alphabet spaghetti you fucking autist?
Yes, i want sourced info, do you have it?
>>
>>32752136
ORAS didn't change the retcons. For all practical purposes, GF considers them the same as RS.
>>
>>32752143
Already did, i dont want to reread headcanon. Quote me a post where its said what gf retconned and how.
>>
>>32752146
>I can't take hints and context clues and I need literally every piece of information spelled out to me directly due to my crippling autism

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>32752136
This is the second time you've used that reaction image while posting something absolutely retarded.

>>32752136
>You certainly bear a resemblance to that Trainer who faced Giratina
Now you provide the proof of retcon. The burden of proof was on you to begin with.
>>
>>32752156
>i cant prove my headcanon is right but i'll blame the other side
>>
>>32752158
>Using a quote from Gen 5, when I literally just stated it was ORAS a gen 6 game that made the retcon
>>
The timeline tweet was posted on the same day that ORAS was announced. What a fucking coincidence, amirite guise?
>>
BW2 happens because the original protag didn't catch kyurem in BW isn't it?
>>
>>32752211
Huh?
>>
>>32752217
>BW2 happens because the original protag didn't catch kyurem in BW isn't it?
>>
>>32752079
But such bullshit aside, if they don't acknowledge Crystal then there is no Kris to replace, remove or neglect.
She just didn't exist! May was the first playable female!
>>
>>32752110
You're very obtuse, aren't you? Not even science is that rigid and bureaucratic.
>>
>>32752211
Its not a forced capture so its not canon that hilbert/hilda caught it.
>>
>>32752231
Ad hominem, post why i'm wrong.
>>
>>32752240
Let's see. This stems from BW.
BW, by all means, weren't all that different to previous (and later) games: they had differences to one another mostly in the form of pokémon distributions.
What set them apart wasn't anything inherent to their world but just a couple of NPCs speculating that there might exist another world where this and that were different. They were just pointing out something that has been happening ever since red and green.
What ORAS and SM did was confirm that these guys were right on the mark, even though they had no actual "proof" and unite all of them in an interconnected reality.
Anyone with the basic human interpretative ability can extrapolate the comments of those BW characters to all twin games in the series - there's a Kanto with wild vulpix and there's a Kanto with wild wild growlithe, there's a Johto with wild skarmory and there's a Johto with wild mantine, there's a Cyrus who tried to chain palkia and there's a Cyrus who tried to chain dialga.

Wanting an in-game character to state with absolute certainty that the ORAS thing is also true for RB, GS, FRLG, DP, HGSS, BW (remember that the guys didn't have proof), XY and SM isn't very different to wanting scientists to prove that every carbon atom in the universe is able to bond with two oxygen atoms to form carbon dioxide, otherwise only the carbon atoms on Earth can be confirmed to form carbon dioxide.
>>
>>32752339
Except bw and sm have a theme of being complement to each other with truth/ideals and day/night which is plot relevant in bw(you pick one and in the sequel you get the other) and gameplay relevant in sm(you go to the other universe) which means them explicitly being alternate universes plays into this which is why they mentioned it then and not in, say, xy.

It COULD be the case that all paired versions are parallel universes (and, in a practical way, they are) but lore wise we have no info on this. Anyone with basic human interpretative ability would base their knowledge on supplied info, not assumed one. Again, it COULD be the case but doesnt meant it IS.

As for the scientist analogy its retarded because scientists dont have all info of the universe so they state laws about it, which are falsifiable while Gf has all info about pokemon's lore. The information about the universe exists outside what scientists do. Pokemon's lore information doesnt exist aside from what's official.
>>
>>32751508
>alternate timeline
No one brought up any timelines but the fans.

>alternate universe
They never brought up any sort of universe, it was again the fans being retarded.

>parallel story
That's "parallel", not alternate. They're not even synonyms.

>a different version like crystal, emerald or platinum, which is also likely.
That's not "likely". That's LITERALLY what alternate means. Taking the place of something, or happing in turn of something. In this case that something is SM.
>>
>>32752408
>No one brought up any timelines but the fans.
Learn ti read, i said it never happened.

>They never brought up any sort of universe, it was again the fans being retarded.
Bw, sm and oras did.

>That's "parallel", not alternate. They're not even synonyms.
Alternate could be used for that. Its parallel in universe, alternate irl.

>That's not "likely". That's LITERALLY what alternate means. Taking the place of something, or happing in turn of something. In this case that something is SM.
I didnt use alternate to not confuse people but yeah, and that doesnt (necesarilly) mean an alternative universe as was the point of that post.
>>
>>32751278
They said nothing about an alternate universe. An alternate STORY. There was one time BW2 was referred as an alternate story as well.
Oh, yeah, it's totally the same protag, because this is GF we're talking about. Making an entirely new model for a game where customization is a thing is too much effort.
So as you can see, it's not the same protag, because they do get a new starter. It's that simple.
>>
>>32752425
>Learn ti read, i said it never happened.
I never said you did. I didn't argue on this shit. Just pointing out how all other possibilities aren't actually valid.

>Bw, sm and oras did.
And this is USM. What ORAS did means NOTHING here. They called it an "alternate story", not "alternate world" in the trailer, and that's what I'm talking about. They didn't bring up the worlds, only the retarded fans who can't hear and/or understand English did.

>Alternate could be used for that. Its parallel in universe, alternate irl.
No, no it can't be. Parallel means a completely different thing. Parallel means something side by side, happening at the same time. Alternate means taking place of something, occurring in place of something, rather than with that something. You saying alternate can be alternatively used to describe parallel means nothing.
>>
>>32752459
BW and BW2 protags didn't look the same let alone live in the same room in the same city.

Even if by some twist of fate they weren't the same people, GF is trying hard to make us believe they are.
>>
>>32752482
>And this is USM. What ORAS did means NOTHING here. They called it an "alternate story", not "alternate world" in the trailer, and that's what I'm talking about. They didn't bring up the worlds, only the retarded fans who can't hear and/or understand English did.
Anon, that post was about all the things "alternate story" could mean regardless of how likely they were. What oras did is precedent. What i was trying to say, which is obviois if you read the post, wasn't "usum is this" it was "usum COULD be this but you can't say it is until we get it".heck, it was literally in response to a guy saying it was an alternate universe no question. How the fuck do you want it to be worded?

>No, no it can't be. Parallel means a completely different thing. Parallel means something side by side, happening at the same time. Alternate means taking place of something, occurring in place of something, rather than with that something. You saying alternate can be alternatively used to describe parallel means nothing.
I read "alternate" as in "you could play sm or usum", not as in "usum happens instead of sm". But point taken.
>>
>>32751220
Platinum was never advertised as an alternate story, you underaged newfag. While these games are. Ontop of that? We don't even know if these aren't actually sequels. We clearly fucking see things in the teaser that indicate time has passed since S/M.
>>
>>32751306
>>32751329
>cuck
>fag
>pirated
So you're an autistic reddit-browsing retard. Your opinions do not matter, your taste is fucking garbage. Just off yourself, or stay on reddit. S/M are the best games in the series, if you don't like them, good for you. Drop the series completely. Gen 8 and onward will be like S/M and if you don't like that then Pokemon is not for you.
>>
>>32751855
It's cute when underage try to use big words. No where does it say these are not sequels. Yet the teaser shows time has passed. I'm guessing you're so stupid you need the games to have a 2 at the end? Because not all sequels end with a 2, not only that B2/W2 were not officially confirmed as sequels until much later.
>>
>>32752509
First of all, my bad for not being clear about what my point was. I could've put that in a more easier to understand way that would cause less misunderstanding.

Anon, the point of my post was to point out how the possibilities you listed are not actually possibilities that you need to consider.
To repeat myself. Yes, ORAS did mention other worlds. This isn't ORAS. Out of all the information we have been given on USM, there is absolutely nothing pointing towards alternate worlds. Without any proof, you shouldn't even consider that a possibility.

Let me give you an analogy. Is there a figurine of Charizard located below Mars' surface? There is precedent of Charizard figurines existing below surface level. So, does that make the probability of finding a Charizard figurine on a different planet high enough to consider it a possibility? No. Of course not. We have no reason to believe that is the case, while we have reasons to believe that isn't.

Similarly, is USM taking place in an alternate universe? We have precedent of alternate worlds exists, so does that make the probability of that high enough to consider it a possibility, in face of a total lack of anything even hinting towards that, and having heard conflicting information in the reveal? No. It doesn't. It COULD be the case. But EVERYTHING could be the case. This Pokemon world might have Digimons. You don't know that. Lusamine might be a whore who sucks the protagonist off. But with no evidence, you have no reason to believe that.

With no evidence or anything hinting towards it, you have no reason to consider that a possibility.
>>
>>32752676
>SM
>Best game in the series

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>32751180
Not sure where you got the idea that it's an alternate universe since it hasn't been confirmed but I'm glad you see how including them was a terrible idea. Now we have retards speculating left and right about everything that happens and in which universe.
>OMG Lillie took a shit! You think alternate universe Lillie took a shit as well or she went all the way and threw up? So exciting!
>>
>>32752802
>Anon, the point of my post was to point out how the possibilities you listed are not actually possibilities that you need to consider.
Again, i listed them regardless of how palusible they are.

>To repeat myself. Yes, ORAS did mention other worlds. This isn't ORAS. Out of all the information we have been given on USM, there is absolutely nothing pointing towards alternate worlds. Without any proof, you shouldn't even consider that a possibility.
Do you know what a possibility is? You dont need proof of something that already happened to say what could happen. I never said oras is usum but oras is precedent in the franchise amd therefore, something in the realm of possibility. What you're saying makes as much sense as saying we cant expect gen 8 to have grass/fire/water starters because we didnt play it. We cant say what usum is, we can speculate on what could be wth precedent.

>Let me give you an analogy. Is there a figurine of Charizard located below Mars' surface? There is precedent of Charizard figurines existing below surface level.
So, does that make the probability of finding a Charizard figurine on a different planet high enough to consider it a possibility?

1)If we go by your own logic(possibilities are only known afte we know the fact which renders the entire concept moot), the only way we can speculate about what's on mars is going there ar which point we will know the fact.

2)its false equivalence. Earth has a bigger human interference than mars. Why do you think we'll be able to catch pokemon in usum btw?

1/2
>>
>Similarly, is USM taking place in an alternate universe? We have precedent of alternate worlds exists, so does that make the probability of that high enough to consider it a possibility, in face of a total lack of anything even hinting towards that, and having heard conflicting information in the reveal? No. It doesn't. It COULD be the case.
You just repeated what i said explicitly. Are you a retard anon?

>but EVERYTHING could be the case
Then dont question what we consider could be the case.

>With no evidence or anything hinting towards it, you have no reason to consider that a possibility.
>We have precedent of alternate worlds exists, so does that make the probability of that high enough to consider it a possibility
Seriously anon?
>>
>>32751403
The characters in the main game always go in the 3rd version. So are all the 3rd versions parallel universes? Not in the same way that there's a Mega and Non-Mega Evolution universe.

I like to think that the 3rd version is the truly canonical one.
>>
>>32751801
Don't we all have the same face.

Now that we have character customisation, the player character is hardly their own individual person.
>>
>>32752667
Well, for time to have passed since S/M, S/M need to have taken place.
>>
>>32752961
>implying there's only two universes
>>
File: Black_White.png (23KB, 103x120px) Image search: [Google]
Black_White.png
23KB, 103x120px
>>32753048
We all have the same face... in S&M. Because all of us in that game are this kid from Kanto that moved all the way to the outskirts of Melemele Island with a mother so lazy she never unpacks. We're different versions of the same kid with similar circumstances.

Now, in compraison to other games? No. XY player character's faces weren't nearly as creepy as this Kanto kid. And back in gen 5 the playable characters of prequel and sequel looked nothing alike (as much as NPCs like to get the two of you mixed up).

Anyway, my point is that if this were a sequel we wouldn't have kids that are the same age, have the same face, live in the same room with the same exact decoration (seriously, even the positioning of the basket). I could only see this happening if
a. we were the exact same person shortly after (and we know how likely that is to happen, for several reasons)
b. it's so far in the future we're S/M protagonist's kid. Although the room being identical still wouldn't make much sense
>>
File: 1497132185923.jpg (240KB, 850x635px) Image search: [Google]
1497132185923.jpg
240KB, 850x635px
>>32751827
>>32751833
Not him but literally why? What's the point in them being the same region/game/characters if you just dump a random new team and antagonist in there? Even B2W2 knew not to shift teams mid-generation. If you don't like SM or the team or something, sure, but then USUM aren't for you. That's just how Pokémon works. We all have a gen we hate, that doesn't mean it should totally fucking ruin the point every single game.
One of the few things I geniunely fucking love about SM is where Lusamine's plot went (If resolved a bit..Well..Pokémon-y) and Team Skull
>>
>>32754016
>Even B2W2 knew not to shift teams mid-generation
Pirate Plasma was a different team under the same name. Although how the split happened is interesting and meaningful.
Anyway, why not? If a sequel were to be made, you just can't reuse Skull as they do not exist anymore and Aether has a completely different line of business. The void needs to be filled and reusing either Skull or Aether would be extremely forced.
>>
>>32754127
>If a sequel were to be made
As in what?
If you mean a third game, they always reuse the same team
If you mean an "alternate story" (Or universe) there's no reason to have a new team at all
If you mean a B2W2 sequel then you just said yourself it can work well to reuse the disbanded team re-united and between the UBs, Aether foundation and Plumeria there's plenty damn good reasons/excuses for Team Skull to stay together wether they have Guzma bossing them around or not. Plus they're shown to be much closer than any other team, so being disbanded doesn't mean much.
If your entire argument is "why not?" just read my first post again. Sure, it's a shame if you don't like them, but if you don't like something you just don't play it. Personally Team Galactic was the most boring and lazy antagonist so far, but if they did make the Sinnoh remakes had been announced I wouldn't be going "YAAY NOW GET RID OF THE THING I PERSONALLY DON'T LIKE EVEN THOUGH THERE'S NO PRECEDENCE OR REASON!"
>>
>>32754257
Holy crap that wall.
By sequel I mean a sequel. Like the two we've had.
In one we had a shell of the previous team in a desperate record (although it took place in a different region. Kanto had literally one Rocket grunt).
The other one was a reuse of Plasma, yes, with a completely different uniform and code and the groundwork was already set when Ghetsis betrayed N anyway. (as for Plumeria, please remember that she's on friendly terms with you at the end, she will not return as an antagonist)

As for the rest, all I can say is that I cannot give half a fuck if you personally identify a region with the team that thrived in it. And probably GF doesn't care much either depending on the situation.
And of course a Sinnoh remake needs to have those lame faggots, otherwise it wouldn't be a remake.
>>
>>32751180

USM closes out the mainline series and timeline bringing making all Pokemon from all of the games available to be traded up to the newest generation in what is likely the final Pokemon game of the era.

Trading is tied to Pokebank and Pokebank is tied to the 3ds.
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.