[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>December 2016 / January 2017 >mostly see positive comments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: pokemon_sun_and_moon_logo.jpg (149KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_sun_and_moon_logo.jpg
149KB, 1920x1080px
>December 2016 / January 2017
>mostly see positive comments on SM
>skip a few months
>now it's considered shit
What went wrong?
>>
the honeymoon phase ended
>>
Nothing "went wrong", there's just not much to talk about what with the practically non-existent postgame.
>>
>December it was shiny and new

>January it was not
>>
Gamefreak shit out another lazy turd with autistic side characters and boring environments. This one had cut scenes and toddler toy pokemon.
>>
>>32748058
This and the fact that past 150 hours if you're not playing at a highly competitive level you're out of things to do.
>>
I liked it the first playthough then it became garbage in 2nd playthrough.

Never happen to me before with pokemon. I could replay games multiple with getting bored

So it's a shit game
>>
File: 1492788986881.png (51KB, 500x517px) Image search: [Google]
1492788986881.png
51KB, 500x517px
>>32748073
>it gets boring after 150 hours
>>
It's not new anymore, and they can do better. They took out too many good things from previous games.
>>
>bad pokedex
>no gyms, instead replaced with easy island battles
>non stop hand holding
>super long cutscenes and mash A to skip areas
>no postgame
>no fun minigames
>no replayability

It just didn't suit a handheld game. It would have been much better on a console.

I'd rather just play the older games because they either have post game content, or you can replay them. Replayability is a huge factor for me, this game is just too long and I couldn't bother to finish it.
>>
>>32748050
>what is shilling
Same thing that happened with Undertale and Overwatch on /v/, both of which are shitty games.
>>
Dunno about you but I've been complaining about it since November

And people who are dissatisfied with something are more likely to speak out than someone satisfied with something, especially with time
>>
>>32748050
the game finally released and everyone was able to look at GF's shame
>>
>>32748425
I thought heaps of people were shitting on it since November and that's only increased with time.
>>
>>32748050
Sun and Moon did a lot of things right in terms of base gameplay, balance, and storytelling. It pushed Pokémon in a good direction in many ways.

The problem is, there's not all that much to do after beating the main campaign, and the cutscenes and roadblocks that were fine, and even enjoyable, on the first playthrough become tedious the second time around.
>>
>>32748050
Paid shills.
>>
>>32748453
There were people were played the leak shitting on it and people didn't believe them.

I guess they agreed few months latter
>>
It stopped being new but it's still past gen 4 so it was time for people to hop on the hate bandwagon
>>
Nothing went wrong, the edgy shitposters have nothing to talk about anymore, so they post bait to pass the time.

The postgame is small potatoes imo, it would have added several hours at most. They'd find something else to shitpost about if not for that.
>>
>>32748453
OP here, people have been shitting on it since day one, but my impression was that it was generally well received. I don't know, I might be biased.
Also the criticism hasn't really changed since then (cutscenes, lack of postgame etc). So I'm either missing a fundamental logical passage here or the userbase has drastically changed over the past few months. If I liked a game in spite of its flaws I don't radically change my opinion after a few months because of said flaws, though >>32748078 and >>32748506 make a good point about replayability.
>>
File: 1407909652634.png (162KB, 461x750px) Image search: [Google]
1407909652634.png
162KB, 461x750px
No new megas.
>>
>>32748073
150 hours?
I stoped plüaying after 40 hours and took a break till now because it was so shit.

And I actually like all pokemon games besides sm
>>
>>32748050
SM is really boring, man
>>
Postgame content sucks basically. And ultra beasts feel too cancerous for me to put in the effort of catching them.
>>
>>32748050
>Most of 2016
>Mostly see negative comments on gen 6 and positive comments on gen 5
>Skip a few months
>Now people are saying they really liked gen 6 and gen 5 was shit
Ehh, it's probably confirmation bias, but I feel like people will always complain incessantly about the current generation and the generation two generations before it while praising the previous generation
>>
>>32748506
This.

I feel like GF could have at least had the option to skip cutscenes, and as always, more postgame content.

The games aren't bad at all, and here's hoping to USM fixing those problems.
>>
File: IMG_1065.jpg (2MB, 2592x3872px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1065.jpg
2MB, 2592x3872px
>>32748858
>people think gen 5 was shit
bitch this board sucks b2w2's dick on a daily basis and for good reason given that they were the latest truly great pokemon games
>>
>>32748776
So basically you didn't catch em all
>>
>>32748050
see>>32748058
Same exact thing happened with XY. Then people actually sat down with them an analyzed them.
IMO, SM are middle games for me. They do have a good amount of things I like such as finally removing HMs and the Poke Pelago is pretty ace, but they also did a lot of things that pissed be off, like the horrid distribution and Festival Plaza being completely inferior to both the PSS and Join Avenue. There's also the fact that SM just feels like the most blatant "third version" bait of all of the games.
>>
>>32748050
It was always shit, it's just retards finally realized when it wasn't the best new thing. I myself knew from day one it was hot garbage.
>>
>>32748896
>latest truly great pokemon games
Stop this shitty meme, it isn't funny and never was. No one likes Gen 5.
>>
>>32749557
i like them.
even if you dislike the linearity and the contentious pokedex, they were without a doubt the most content packed pokemon game to date
>>
>>32748050
It's literally like this for every Pokemon game
>>
https://strawpoll.com/5bdgys9
>>
>>32748050
People find more joy shitting on things instead of liking things.
It's just reddit-browsing shitposters, just ignore it. These games are objectively the best in the series, with USUM making this gen even better.
>>
>>32748058
fpbp
>>
>>32749510
You almost had me until you said third version bait. Take your shitty bait elsewhere
>>
>>32749918
Not bait tho, its the truth.
>>
>>32748050
The (bad) overhaul of online play (ORAS had it down perfectly with the bottom screen menus, never got into this festival plaza nonsense, too complicated for what it was)

ultra beast lore not necessarily expanded on like it could be, not just having them be interdimensional pokemon (which is what they are, but were marketed both in universe and irl as being "strange new beings")

Having to patch in old megas

mostly good designs except for that fish (bruxish?) and some of the regional variants (dugtrio)
>>
>>32748050
no post game
>>
>>32748050
Nothing. You don't listen to /vp/.
>>
>>32748050
I still hold that S/M were pretty decent games. USUM were like a fucking jumpscare though, definitely not buying that shit
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.