[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's been a while, but since the announcement of USUM has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 13

File: 124253464574575.jpg (75KB, 807x1429px) Image search: [Google]
124253464574575.jpg
75KB, 807x1429px
It's been a while, but since the announcement of USUM has happened, I've been thinking about you /vp/.
I've been thinking about how pitiful this safespace of a board is with it's contrarian-like mindset. So let's get this started, shall we?

Gen 5, the gen that single handedly almost killed the franchise and had a lot of the games core fans thinking of abandoning this sinking ship of a series due to the clear decline in quality.

Let's take a look at the long list of objective facts that this gen did wrong.

>Absolute dog shit dex filled to the brim with deviant art tier juvenile designs
When you have one of the largest new dexes and I can't even put together a team of 6 (six) pokemon that I like, then you know there's a massive problem.
This dex was made up of abominations, and I'm not even talking about the big offenders like garbodor and vanilluxe, I'm talking literally almost everything. There's maybe 4-5 good lines in this joke of a dex which is just laughable.

>Bland and forgettable region
>Trash team with a ridiculously bad looking uniform and an equally ridiculously bad reason for existing
>Toddler tier story
>Non existent difficulty (always makes me kek when the underage majority of this board says they had trouble with these games literally because these were the first games you millenial fuccbois grew up with)

Positives about Gen V -
Some great music
The very few pokemon from this gen I do like are pure kino.

And that's all.

It brings a smile to my face whenever I come here and see the sperging out and tears about how gamefreak doesn't give the slightest shit about you or your shitty gen considering they're doing their absolute best to distance the new games from them which is without a doubt the correct move.
Everywhere other than here (and I really do mean EVERYWHERE) rates gen 5 as the absolute bottom of the barrel worst games in the series. They scored shit, they sold shit, they are shit.

Can't wait for some more new games which I actually enjoy
>>
File: d5c.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
d5c.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>32745603
>>
>>32745603
That's nice, dear.
>>
>>32745603
Alright ill bait.

Gen 5 almost killed the franchise due to pokémon with complete appearance in objects, there were even several jokes about the next pokemon being a chair or a footstool. This mindset by itself is completely ridiculous, gen 5 had some of the most interesting designs such as Chandelure, which quickly became a likeable mon, skepticism comes and goes and this gen was no different, nintendo didnt give up on gen 5 despite "having almost killed the franchise" and released its sequel, which is now one of all time favorites to the fans.
The problem and skepticism with Ultra Sun and Moon is:
>Its to be released in less than a year difference
>So far we have only seen 2 new forms which are basically Kyurem's shenanigam, but instead of fusion its pretty much armor equip
>Black and White still had lots of post-game and Black and white 2 had even more to it, while pokemon Sun and Moon only has Battle tree/Ub missions and that probably all were gonna get again

Also, i wanted to point out that "Toddler tier story" is still the most remarkable storyline in the series
>>
File: fuckdone.jpg (6KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
fuckdone.jpg
6KB, 480x360px
>>32745603
Oh God... It's another of those "my subjective opinions are objective truths" post, isn'it ?
>>
>>32745603
Being contrarian to the rest of a contrarian board is in itself contrarian.
But you filled the character limit so I'll give you a (You) anyway
>>
>>32745603
FUCK
OFF
god you children make sick
>>
I hate gen 5 but
>When you have one of the largest new dexes and I can't even put together a team of 6 (six) pokemon that I like, then you know there's a massive problem.

That's your own problem, sorry if you have shitty taste and can't appreciate the ammount of good shit gen 5 had pokemon wise.
>>
>>32745742
BW2 is still a part of gen 5. Gen 5 as a whole, regardless of it being B&W or the sequels are all regarded as shit entries to the franchise, which is an accurate assessment considering how piss poor the games are.

The only thing you gen 5 fags have to hold onto is your post game, and post game in pokemon games is usually shit anyway. It's one of the biggest memes around.

>>32745807
It's not subjective opinion. It's an objective fact that the rest of the world accepts.
/vp/ just likes to be unique snowflakes and convince themselves that the worst games are some sort of hidden gem, when that couldn't be further from the truth.
>>
>It's not subjective opinion. It's an objective fact that the rest of the world accepts.
The rest of the world? The same world that denies the existence of anything beyond the original 151?
Normies, you mean.

Fuck off.

If you cannot see why designs like Magnemite and Grimer aren't literally of the same mold as Vanilluxe and Garbador you have nostalgia goggles or just the contrarian faggot you project others to be.

Gen V is my favorite gen for lots of reasons. The music, designs, gameplay, story, region, everything about it is great.
I'm sorry you have shit taste.
>>
File: 1478096931723.jpg (41KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1478096931723.jpg
41KB, 500x501px
>trying this hard
is this the power of summer newfags ? or is this a le ebin reddit fucker trying to troll us?
>>
>>32745603
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAA
>>
>>32745603
the fact that you are using a gen 7 image to shit on any other gen is retarded on itself
>>
File: for you.png (627KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
for you.png
627KB, 1000x1000px
I hope they have a baneposting-type pokemon
>>
File: gen 5 lmao.jpg (318KB, 1452x1228px) Image search: [Google]
gen 5 lmao.jpg
318KB, 1452x1228px
>>32746451
Magneton is one of my favorite electric pokemon so no, I don't see how it's in the same vain as your shitty little ice cream cone.

Muk is sewage. Garbador is a poorly designed trash pile.

Gen 5 is your favorite because you're an underage faggot who grew up with shit and can't like anything but shit.

Pure pottery lmao
>>
File: baitposting.jpg (92KB, 739x742px) Image search: [Google]
baitposting.jpg
92KB, 739x742px
>>32746680
>>
>>32746691
gen 7 and 5 are equaly bad
>>
File: 1456500681234.png (285KB, 303x840px) Image search: [Google]
1456500681234.png
285KB, 303x840px
>>32745603
Sometimes I wish I could live life with such shit taste, just to experience it. Anyway, nice bait thread, OP. Needs a little more "my opinion is what is agreed on by the whole community" and comparisons to another gen that you consider better. Also, claim a negative as a positive, like the linear path through Unova or something, and it's all set.
>>
File: BaneDragonMaid.png (1MB, 1280x727px) Image search: [Google]
BaneDragonMaid.png
1MB, 1280x727px
>>32746705
Would this be a Dragon/Banepost type?
>>
>>32745603
>Gen 5, the gen that single handedly almost killed the franchise
>sold 15m copies of BW combined
>sold 8m copies of B2W2 combined
>>almost killed the franchise
Nothing can kill this franchise.
>>
File: lilliebait.png (216KB, 469x357px) Image search: [Google]
lilliebait.png
216KB, 469x357px
>>32745603
>>
>>32746714
>I like Magneton therefore I'm blind to the fact it's literally magnets with eyes on them

this is the pottery you speak of? How you grew up with shit and therefore can only like shit? Thus when something good comes around you run and cry and simply state the obvious, that muk is sewage and that his design is literally of the same vein as Garbador?

Autism is likely the case.
>>
File: 1456696950602.png (2KB, 177x149px) Image search: [Google]
1456696950602.png
2KB, 177x149px
>this entire thread
When will /vp/ learn not to respond to obvious bait threads?
>>
File: 4u.png (315KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
4u.png
315KB, 1000x1000px
>>32746705
>>
File: Gen 5 dex.jpg (384KB, 900x964px) Image search: [Google]
Gen 5 dex.jpg
384KB, 900x964px
Finished watching the Microsoft conference.
Where was I? Oh yes.

>"Let's make a dex filled with ugly abominations that have all the quality of a sonic OC" - Gen 5 devs
Look at this garbage. Can't even get a team of 6 well designed pokemon out of this god awful dex.
I can only imagine how much of a toddler mindset you'd need to think the vast majority of these designs are even close to being acceptable.

>>32746897
Magneton is pure aesthetic kino. It is the correct way to take a simple concept and make something great out of it.
Your shitty ice cream on the other hand with it's retarded comedy relief face looks like shit.

Muk is exactly the same, it's a concept done right, albeit simple. It looks great and isn't an abomination to look at.
A gen 5 version of muk would be Muk as it is now except with coke cans and wrappers and shit sticking out of it. The very definition of overdesigned trash, just like Garbador.

Stay mad you gen 5 loving underage cunt lmao
>>
>>32747420
The fuck are those choices?
>>
>>32747420
Vanilluxe and Garbador are very aesthetic.
They are simple concepts taken to make something great out of them.
If you like Muk and Magneton for these reasons you should also appreciate Vanilluxe.
You say it has a "retarded comedy relief face" but Magneon has a retarded blank stare and Muk a plain old retarded face. They're all good designs, but something in your mind prevents you from liking things other than what your preset notions are.
This is why I say you have shit taste. You are incapable of enjoying enjoyable things.

>I can only imagine how much of a toddler mindset you'd need to think the vast majority of these designs are even close to being acceptable.
A good mark of intelligence is to take a step back and objectively examine what you hold on to as truths and consider the fact you might be wrong.

The vile you spew forth is typical of either autism or a child.

I pity you, sort of. I love the Pokemon series, it has helped me growing up and offered me endless entertainment. I'd like for others like yourself to share in this joy but there is too much hate in your soul at the moment.
>>
>>32747420
pretty good picks
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.